Just Need To Vent..Sorry:) General: Discussion

i SJ: Saint John, New Brunswick  Shopping, Classifieds, Jobs, Real Estate & Rentals, Discussion, Deals, Flyers, + more!

Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online!
Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online! See all recent posts Post a new ad / message Enhanced Features  Helpdesk
Business Advertising Sign-Up (Free!) Search
iSaintJohn Home Forums Home Contact Us Site Rules Terms of Use Privacy Statement

Visit the upgraded front page of iSJ for more info!

Free Saint John Visitor's Guide

Search the web:

Go Back   Saint John Classifieds & Forums > General & Local Discussion > General: Discussion

Old 02-22-2007
Long-Time Member (500+ posts)

Default Topic: Just Need To Vent..Sorry:)

Just Need To Vent..Sorry:)

I am just wondering why is it when you are looking for a certain item and someone pm's you with that item and the price but you tell them thanks but the price was a little more than you were looking to pay they then think they have the right to send you another pm,like 3 days later ragging you out saying that I think people should be giving me things dirt cheap..If I feel that the item was a bit more priced that I wanted to spend then thats my right to say so.And if I offer someone less than what they are asking all they have to do is say yes or no.
I didnt even know this person who pm'd me.I was looking for a certain item,she pm'd me and told me she had this item for this amt of money and all I did was tell her it was a bit more than I was willing to pay.Didn't think I did anything wrong but I guess she thought different.
I have never and will never expect people to "give me" or "sell me" anything that they dont feel comfortable doing.
I really like this site but with people like her sending me a pm like that I am beginning to wonder if maybe I don't need to be here.I guess maybe I was brought up different.I was brought up with the understanding to treat people the way you want to be treated.Guess at 47 I should open my eyes and realize not everyone is nice.Maybe she was having a bad moment and I got the brunt end of it.Sorry if I have offended anyone by asking if they will take a lower price for an item they are selling.I certainly meant no disrespect to anyone.
Thanks for your time.I feel better.Just not sure if I want to stay on this site anymore.Take care

Last edited by lovingmom; 02-22-2007 at 06:24 AM..
Old 02-22-2007

Life goes on. Why let stuff on the internet bother you?
Old 02-22-2007

I know but when it hits home like that and is directed at you it can hurt.I guess I am much to sensitive maybe
Old 02-22-2007

It can't be directed at you. They don't know you. It's the internet.
Old 02-22-2007

Wink Topic: Just Need To Vent..Sorry:)

One thing I have discovered in life with the "1D" world of the net..
People will say things harsher on it than in real life...and they may not be as harsh as it came out ..
but the best thing...
When it gets too much, you can just push back your chair and hit the switch "off" and make it go away.

Just walk back into te land of "3D" and hug the ones you love. Because those are the people that are truly important in your world.

(((((big hugs)))))
Old 02-22-2007

Thanks.That made me feel alot better and certainly put a smile on my face
Old 02-22-2007
****Gold-Level**** Paid Account

Send a message via Yahoo to vanessalynn5484
Thumbs up Topic: Just Need To Vent..Sorry:)

I know where you are coming from...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingmom View Post
I am just wondering why is it when you are looking for a certain item and someone pm's you with that item and the price but you tell them thanks but the price was a little more than you were looking to pay they then think they have the right to send you another pm,like 3 days later ragging you out saying that I think people should be giving me things dirt cheap..If I feel that the item was a bit more priced that I wanted to spend then thats my right to say so.And if I offer someone less than what they are asking all they have to do is say yes or no.
I didnt even know this person who pm'd me.I was looking for a certain item,she pm'd me and told me she had this item for this amt of money and all I did was tell her it was a bit more than I was willing to pay.Didn't think I did anything wrong but I guess she thought different.
I have never and will never expect people to "give me" or "sell me" anything that they dont feel comfortable doing.
I really like this site but with people like her sending me a pm like that I am beginning to wonder if maybe I don't need to be here.I guess maybe I was brought up different.I was brought up with the understanding to treat people the way you want to be treated.Guess at 47 I should open my eyes and realize not everyone is nice.Maybe she was having a bad moment and I got the brunt end of it.Sorry if I have offended anyone by asking if they will take a lower price for an item they are selling.I certainly meant no disrespect to anyone.
Thanks for your time.I feel better.Just not sure if I want to stay on this site anymore.Take care
Hello,
I understand how even though it's just the internet you can take things personally, especially on here. Sometimes I feel I can take things to personal, but this site is different than a lot of of other online sites. It feels like a community and you get to know your fellow posters. I have met a lot of people on here and post under my real name, so I can understand how something can hit home. But for every negative experience on here I have like 50 good ones, so it never gets me down for long!

Also if everyone treated each other the way they wanted to be treated the world would be a much better place! It's really encouraging to see there are still some out there though and those are the ones that do matter. As well as all those people in our "3d"lives

Last edited by vanessalynn5484; 02-22-2007 at 07:46 AM.. Reason: typo-
Old 02-22-2007

Try looking at it this way, you do not live with them so who cares about them, if they pm you to "rag you out" because you either cannot afford the price or just know it is not worth it, then it was a small price to pay to know not to deal with them, stick to all the nice sellers on here(plenty to chose from)
Old 02-22-2007
Member (100 to 500 posts)

Hey there, dont let it get you down. Hopefully it was just someone having a bad day, and they really didnt mean to direct it at you! It's nice though that there are other people like myself out there, who take way to much stuff to heart.....
Old 02-22-2007

turn your frown upside down! it isnt worth it, like a few others said, just stick to us nice folk...lol and you'll be fine! hope you have a great day regardless of other people's bad moods
PS.... i pm'd you!
Old 02-22-2007

you are so right about the internet being 1D, email and pms can be much harsher sounding than they would normally be said because you do not have tone or inflection that you have with voice, facial expressions and body language are huge parts of conversation and they are gone when you communicate by email or message system, if a person is not aware of this they can say things that they would never say to someone face to face, people also sometimes tend to get brave with their words because they do not have to face someone for a response
Old 02-22-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbey76 View Post
you are so right about the internet being 1D, email and pms can be much harsher sounding than they would normally be said because you do not have tone or inflection that you have with voice, facial expressions and body language are huge parts of conversation and they are gone when you communicate by email or message system, if a person is not aware of this they can say things that they would never say to someone face to face, people also sometimes tend to get brave with their words because they do not have to face someone for a response
how true!
Old 02-22-2007

Personally, I think the way we behave as "blind face" of the internet is the same as how we behave when we're drunk. It shows your inner-self exposed. Whomever this lady was that ragged you out, is obviously not a nice person at the core. Because it bothered you, that's good. That means your "blind face" has a heart and understands that the internet is NOT a blind face.
Elizabeth
Old 02-22-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by beancounter82 View Post
Life goes on. Why let stuff on the internet bother you?
As a moderator, that's something I've had to take to heart...

Lovingmom, I know how you feel sometimes. But, if it crossed the line, report it. Another phrase I like is that 'you can't please all the people all the time'. And, 'some people just like to complain.' Perhaps if you didn't reply, then the would have complained about a lack of response.

Either way, as puppy luv said, this is a 1d world...
Old 03-03-2007

So whats the other side of the story? What was the item? What is the value of the item and what did you offer?

In all fairness, if(for example) you offer the person 5.00 for a 500.00 item, then, sorry to say, perhaps the blast-o-crap was understandable. That would be quite an insult.

And hey, No offense intended
Old 03-03-2007

Funny thing was I hadnt offered her anything.She saw an ad of something I wanted,said she had this item for a certain price and I said thank you but that was alittle more than I was looking to pay..Her and I have this all straightened out so all is well now
Old 03-05-2007

Smile! don't sweat the small stuff, and it's ALL small stuff, so SMILE!

Last edited by tjfresh; 03-05-2007 at 09:19 PM.. Reason: spelling error, too tired, gotta go to bed!
Old 03-06-2007

you all are right.Life is to short to hold grudges or be upset or hurt.Smile,you might make someones day
Old 03-18-2007

Talking Topic: Just Need To Vent..Sorry:)

GOOD for you!

Im glad you vented on here about it! This a site for used and unwanted items....similar to a yard sale! :P hehe!! IF you don't want people offering you less then don't post on here cause that is what happens. People know what they want and what they want to pay for it....if you aren't willing to sell your item for that then say 'no' and move on. Don't let it get to you Brenda!! You are too nice of a person to let dirt bags get you down! hehe!!

Some people are SOOO rude and SOOO ignorant on here and just enjoy being that way! I had a VERY VERY rude man on here also!! I offered him a lower price for some items and he decided to be a jerk and write me a nasty response. He loves to upset people and be a jack a** and everyone knows it. Just goes to show you that not everyone on here is nice and respectful.

Don't stop coming on here because of a couple bad apples! Just delete those postings and deal with the rest of the WONDERFUL people that are on here!!

Julie
Old 03-18-2007

Location: RIP alex march 1969-august 2007, always missing you little brother-RIP china.

re/post

i agree 100% with the bottom quote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juls View Post
Im glad you vented on here about it! This a site for used and unwanted items....similar to a yard sale! :P hehe!! IF you don't want people offering you less then don't post on here cause that is what happens. People know what they want and what they want to pay for it....if you aren't willing to sell your item for that then say 'no' and move on. Don't let it get to you Brenda!! You are too nice of a person to let dirt bags get you down! hehe!!

Some people are SOOO rude and SOOO ignorant on here and just enjoy being that way! I had a VERY VERY rude man on here also!! I offered him a lower price for some items and he decided to be a jerk and write me a nasty response. He loves to upset people and be a jack a** and everyone knows it. Just goes to show you that not everyone on here is nice and respectful.

Don't stop coming on here because of a couple bad apples! Just delete those postings and deal with the rest of the WONDERFUL people that are on here!!

Julie