What part of SJ did we grow up in? General: Discussion

i SJ: Saint John, New Brunswick  Shopping, Classifieds, Jobs, Real Estate & Rentals, Discussion, Deals, Flyers, + more!

Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online!
Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online! See all recent posts Post a new ad / message Enhanced Features  Helpdesk
Business Advertising Sign-Up (Free!) Search
iSaintJohn Home Forums Home Contact Us Site Rules Terms of Use Privacy Statement

Visit the upgraded front page of iSJ for more info!

Free Saint John Visitor's Guide

Search the web:

Go Back   Saint John Classifieds & Forums > General & Local Discussion > General: Discussion

Old 02-13-2007
Member (< 100 posts)

Default Topic: What part of SJ did we grow up in?

What part of SJ did we grow up in?

I was born and raised in SJ, but moved to NS 14 years ago. I visit iSaintJohn regularly to stay atop of things that happen in my birth city..

Was just wondering what part of town we all grew up in, or what elementary, Jr. High/High School we all went to.

For me I grew up on Exmouth Street, went to St. Joseph's Catholic School till grade 9 and them to Millidgeville North (81)
Old 02-13-2007

I grew up on the west side (and have never left) I lived on Dufferine Row and Chapel St, and went to St Patricks school and Beaconsfield Junior high school. I graduated from St. Vincents in 92
Old 02-13-2007
**Silver-Level** Paid Account

I lived on the west side for 35 years, went to Havelock and Beaconsfield and then made the big leap to St. V's uptown. From the first week I went on the bus uptown I wanted to live here. In the middle of that 35 years I lived for 6 months in Vancouver. When I was in Van, I never missed here once. Now that I am back, I miss there just about every day and can't wait for a chance to get back. It's funny, most of the people I knew who moved out of the west side spend years longing to get back, and they all did. But since I moved uptown, I have not missed the west side except for the space my house had, but I don't miss the mill, the nosy neighbours, the bridge tolls etc. I guess I'm just a big city gal, I could live right ON King St and not find it urban enough.
Old 02-13-2007
Member (100 to 500 posts)

I grew up westside too, went to Seawood, Beaconsfield the Saint John High, We live East now and no way would I ever go back back west, everything is out here, its so convenient, all the good restaurants, the movie theaters, the MALL, its all here. We love it East!!
Old 02-13-2007

I'm a big time Eastsider. Grew up out past the Jail on Goldsworthy Rd. Went to East Saint John Elementary, Bayside and St Macs ('98).
Theres no town quite like Stink town thats for sure!!
Old 02-13-2007

I grew up North and have always stayed North, when living in the city. I've lived and worked across the country and worked most of the worlds oceans. Now I live uptown North (millidgeville) lol.
You Eastsiders can have the malls, movies, and resturants. I don't mind driving 20 min out to that area if it keeps the nightmare out of my back yard. I find the weather and that refinery taste in east SJ very unplesant. We rarely get any of Saint Johns' famous odors out here.
As far as comming home to the city, even with all the warts and smells, this is still a great place! I guess it's the people. When people from other parts of the country start shooting SJ down I just remind them that we live alongside two big rivers, thousands of lakes, The Atlantic Ocean and Greenspaces for mile upon mile.
Old 02-13-2007

I grew up east with the exception of my parents moving out to Westfield for 3 years. I went to Champlain heights, Westfield, Rivervalley, Bayside, St. Macs.

I wont live anywhere but east. Tried north for a few years...definately NOT for me
Old 02-13-2007

I'm very east side spent my whole life there until i left to live elsewhere in this fine country. I graduated from simonds. I just moved to the north end and truly i like the east side. The hussle and bussle over there is fine for me. Its quiet and there is more to do
Old 02-13-2007

Send a message via MSN to andrea Send a message via Yahoo to andrea
Red face Topic: What part of SJ did we grow up in?

grew up

still not dun grownin
but lived in rothesay then moved to city's north end,,(beaverbrooke ave)
went to p.e.s
then on to voc 92"
i love my city
i have moved away,, and came back... miss my water
miss my stinky air
now i live in rothesay again
wishing i was back in town lol
people need to fight back...our small city has huge ghettos...
time to clean em up!!
Old 02-13-2007

I lived south until my 19 bbirthday, when i moved out to the east side, and then moved uptown, and am back east. i like it east. I think I'll stay here.
Old 02-13-2007
Member (< 100 posts)

I grew up in Redhead..Went to East Saint John, then Bayside and Simonds High.. I moved north when I was 19 and left there to go uptown and hated both so now I'm back east...Close to work and everything else!!
Old 02-13-2007
Long-Time Member (500+ posts)

I grew up in Morrisdale, but travelled the long bus ride to Millidgeville North French Immersion for 9 long long years. I then moved to town (east, north, west etc...lol I tried em all except uptown & South).

Went to Vocational for high school and loved it! Moved back out to Westfield as soon as I could get a house last year and love being outside the fog belt even if it entails a long drive to work everyday lol.
Old 02-13-2007

Morrisdale is great! We used to hit that beach instead of Crystal. Great parties at nite too!
Old 02-14-2007

I grew up in the country in Quispamsis. I spent 19 years there, I lived East for 9 months and uptown for 6 months, and I'm moving back home next month. I love it out there. No funky smells, no people running around yelling at all hours, not many cars, no kids that scream all day... Just space and quiet.

I went to Rothesay Elementary, Rothesay Park Middle, and Rothesay High.
Old 02-14-2007

was born and grew up in sj. I lived south, east, north, uptown, never lived west. lived out east most of my life from 1980 to 1998. moved back over north for several years. now I live back east very handy to were I use to live and I like the area.. and all my family and relatives lives east.

here's some of the schools I went to. king edward sj the baptist. centennial, alexandra favorite school. prince charles, & holy trinity favorite school, and also st. josephs school. when I was living out east I went to prince charles. never went to high school . stupid me..lol

Last edited by space; 02-16-2007 at 07:54 PM..
Old 02-14-2007

Started out in south end..went to St,John The Baptist school..moved east and went to Simonds Junior High(yes junior..I am old lol) then Simonds High..moved further east til I hit St. Martins..now I am between St.Martins and Hampton and love it.
Old 02-14-2007
Member (< 100 posts)

I grew up in Milford/Randolfe area. I went to Dennis Morris school on Greenhead Rd for grade 1, then it closed down (1982). Spent the rest of my elementary/Jr.High in Saint Rose...then on to Voc for high school.
I've lived in East Saint John for the last 8 years and have grown to like the convenience of it. Most of my family is still in Milford. When the weather is crappy out East, it's always nice in Milford.
Old 02-14-2007
Long-Time Member (500+ posts)

I grew up in Montreal and Halifax, and live out past Grand Bay and love it.
Old 02-14-2007

Grew up North Went to Hazen White then SJHS!
Old 02-14-2007

East Sider Here...

I grew up East, and have lived there much of my life. Grew up for the most part in Silver Falls, took the bus to Crescent Valley and Millidgeville North for French Immersion for nine years, then to St. Mac's for High School. University at St. Thomas in Fredericton. I also lived in St. Andrews for four years, but honestly, small town life is not for me!! We live near Loch Lomond Mall now, but it's my goal to eventually buy a house out in Lakewood Heights where most of my family now lives.

s