Bill's Rant #1 Saint John Drivers General: Discussion

i SJ: Saint John, New Brunswick  Shopping, Classifieds, Jobs, Real Estate & Rentals, Discussion, Deals, Flyers, + more!

Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online!
Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online! See all recent posts Post a new ad / message Enhanced Features  Helpdesk
Business Advertising Sign-Up (Free!) Search
iSaintJohn Home Forums Home Contact Us Site Rules Terms of Use Privacy Statement

Visit the upgraded front page of iSJ for more info!

Free Saint John Visitor's Guide

Search the web:

Go Back   Saint John Classifieds & Forums > General & Local Discussion > General: Discussion

Old 02-13-2007
Member (100 to 500 posts)

Default Topic: Bill's Rant #1 Saint John Drivers

Bill's Rant #1 Saint John Drivers

Rant mode ON

Ok are Saint John drivers or at least 25% of them just plain stupid, have old junkers that should be crushed so they don't care or do they think they have to dump loonies in the dash to pay for there lights.......

I don't know how many times over the last while I have gone to work at 7:30/8am or headed for home at 5:30/6pm when its almost **maybe not quite *** but almost dark and sometimes almost half the drivers have not bothered to turn on there lights and just because you have daytime headlghts does NOT mean your tail lights are on. So the poor bugger coming up behind you "ME" can't see you.....

When I start my car no matter what time I put my LIGHTS ON not just my daytime driving lights......

Rant Mode OFF

have a nice day
Bill

Last edited by puppyluv; 02-13-2007 at 06:01 PM..
Old 02-13-2007

Amen to that.
Old 02-13-2007

lol.....
Old 02-13-2007
Long-Time Member (500+ posts)

So what are you trying to say ??? HAH...j/k
Old 02-13-2007

so your the guy that almost ran into me watch where your going! lol Just kidding my Van has this option that the lights come on even when its just a little dark out its pretty cool I have had it for a year and never need to touch the light switch. All Vehicles should be like that.

Also another rant of mine. If you park behind someone on one of the ferries for example and you have your vehicle running and your lights or daylight running lights are blinding the person on front of you and you don't want to turn off your vehicle. Or your at a drive in and you have your car running and your lights are on the screen and people cant see. Well here is a tip. Turn off your vehicle and then apply your emergency break. Then start your vehicle bingo no lights on not even your daylight running lights. Try it you will like it. Unless you like to pee off the person in front of you
Old 02-13-2007

Last edited by Goin4Coffee; 05-03-2007 at 09:10 AM..
Old 02-13-2007

I saw a cop car one night last week on the west side with one headlight...tsk tsk tsk lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin4Coffee View Post
I agree,,lets Rant dumb drivers,,or NO Lamps on at all......or one-eyed Joe's--
I lost a headlamp once in 20yrs..and didnt i get pulled over leaving canadian tire, in the pouring RAIN...i dont think he believe me, untill I showed him the bag on the front seat....then i proceeded home & made hubby go out in the rain to put it in,,just cause it was his fault I blew the lamp & got pulled over,,

Old 02-13-2007
Long-Time Member (500+ posts)

I make it a habit to use my lights day or night. My husband doesn't always and I do the typical "nag nag nag" until he turns them on. My motto is "better safe than sorry"

Unbelievable, yesterday we watched a car come up Chipman Hill and totally disregard the "YIELD" sign at the top of the hill. She drove right out in front of traffic. It's a wonder the fellow ahead of us stopped in time.

Is there something in the air lately? It seems like we are seeing a lot of stupidity lately. It's like everyone is in a daze.
Old 02-13-2007

I was driving home from a friends house in Rothesay one night just before Chirstmas, and didn't BOTH of my tail lights go out!! There was a guy behind me blinking his high beams at me, and at first didn't catch on. When I pulled over and looked, I had a good long rant myself. lol. I put on my four ways and went the back roads to get home. Pulled over every time someone came behind me to make sure I was out of the way, and first thing the next morning, put new ones in.

I work until 6am, and once there was a guy behind me, tail-gating, and I wouldn't have known he was there, but he turned on his dome light. And this was the morning it was snowin like a son-of-a-gun. THINK PEOPLE. There is more than just one car on the road.
Old 02-16-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by amethyst View Post
I saw a cop car one night last week on the west side with one headlight...tsk tsk tsk lol
u should have asked to see his license and registration lol would have been so funny
Old 02-16-2007

Thanks Subaru!!

Thanks so much, I have a van that the lights come on automatically and are on whenever it is running, I actually avoided taking my kids to the drive in because the lights would be on if we were chilly and turned the car on.. I never knew about the emergency brake thing.. THANKS!!
Old 02-16-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergiak View Post
Thanks so much, I have a van that the lights come on automatically and are on whenever it is running, I actually avoided taking my kids to the drive in because the lights would be on if we were chilly and turned the car on.. I never knew about the emergency brake thing.. THANKS!!
Glad I could help