Is there any end in sight? General: Discussion

i SJ: Saint John, New Brunswick  Shopping, Classifieds, Jobs, Real Estate & Rentals, Discussion, Deals, Flyers, + more!

Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online!
Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online! See all recent posts Post a new ad / message Enhanced Features  Helpdesk
Business Advertising Sign-Up (Free!) Search
iSaintJohn Home Forums Home Contact Us Site Rules Terms of Use Privacy Statement

Visit the upgraded front page of iSJ for more info!

Free Saint John Visitor's Guide

Search the web:

Go Back   Saint John Classifieds & Forums > General & Local Discussion > General: Discussion

Old 02-07-2007

Angry Topic: Is there any end in sight?

Is there any end in sight?

Is this deep freeze ever going to let up, Yeah I know we should be use to it, & I'm the first one to complain when it's too HOT..and we had such a good winter,,yadda yadda yaddah-- ok so let it snow for Pete's sake....

I'll complain no matter.. stove is blaring as it is, Paint is practically dripping off of the walls,..

I've had enough bring on the HeAt......not that we get any great amount,.. but comfy would be nice
Old 02-08-2007
**Silver-Level** Paid Account

Default Topic: Is there any end in sight?

Oh my god, I know. I got called in to sub this morning, -frigging 25! By lunch it had "warmed up" to -13 so they didn't let the kids stay in, so guess who got stuck with yard duty, 25 minutes out in the deep freeze. Who can enjoy that?
Old 02-08-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity View Post
Oh my god, I know. I got called in to sub this morning, -frigging 25! By lunch it had "warmed up" to -13 so they didn't let the kids stay in, so guess who got stuck with yard duty, 25 minutes out in the deep freeze. Who can enjoy that?
I read the first line 3 times before reading the second line and figured out what you said. Until you mentioned kids staying in, I thought you were talking about a submarine and I was gonna take a trip up town to see it... ( I was reading 'lunch' as 'launch,' so that confused me more)

Edit: man I'm tired, I should go back to bed...
Old 02-08-2007
Long-Time Member (500+ posts)

Ice built up on our roof at the edge, causing water backup and a nice leak into our bedroom -_- After only two hours, I woke up with soaked blankets and pants. That really sucked. I LOVE snow storms but I hate extreme temperatures.
Old 02-08-2007

Wink Topic: Is there any end in sight?

Hope your dry now

OH,, now that would make you cranky
Old 02-08-2007

Umm worried mostly but yea, a bit cranky. The roof was replaced only 3 years ago. I'll be getting those heating wires for my roof this summer for next winter.
Old 02-08-2007

I don't personally know of anyone that has them, but you should check them out anyway.. Hubby has panics about ice dams too & he'll get up there & shovel it off..b/c the eavetroughs(*sp) build up.
*knock on wood*-- no leaks so far
Old 02-08-2007

That ice build up can be bad. This happened about 4 years ago, the bathroom ceiling and the roof had to be replaced because of build up/so much water leaking inside. He's right to panic. The peak on our roof isn't steap enough, so it's worse at our house.
Old 02-12-2007
Member (100 to 500 posts)

Maybe spring is not too far away. There was a Robin here yesterday and still around this morning. Although, maybe he didn't go south in the first place.
Old 02-18-2007

it's warmer now...for however long..but we are STILL going though $200. every 2 weeks in heating oil...good grief..c'mon Spring!