Now calling for as low as -40 8| General: Discussion

i SJ: Saint John, New Brunswick  Shopping, Classifieds, Jobs, Real Estate & Rentals, Discussion, Deals, Flyers, + more!

Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online!
Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online! See all recent posts Post a new ad / message Enhanced Features  Helpdesk
Business Advertising Sign-Up (Free!) Search
iSaintJohn Home Forums Home Contact Us Site Rules Terms of Use Privacy Statement

Visit the upgraded front page of iSJ for more info!

Free Saint John Visitor's Guide

Search the web:

Go Back   Saint John Classifieds & Forums > General & Local Discussion > General: Discussion

Old 01-16-2007
Long-Time Member (500+ posts)

Unhappy Topic: Now calling for as low as -40 8|

Now calling for as low as -40 8|

By the looks of the governments warning system, they're looking for as low as -40 now.....brrrrrrr I'm getting goosebumps just thinking about it. Please stay warm everyone and bring all your pets inside tonight....think HOT thoughts everyone...

http://weather.ec.gc.ca/warnings/warnings_e.html

Vix
Old 01-16-2007
Member (100 to 500 posts)

Default Topic: Now calling for as low as -40 8|

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Old 01-16-2007
Member (< 100 posts)

I had to turn my heat on for the first time this winter today
Old 01-17-2007

I'm so moving to california with my dad in march Lol i hate the cold and i hate snow
Old 01-17-2007

if anyone see's an animal left outside, call the animal control right away!
Old 01-17-2007

Wow it's -21 on my outside thermometer right now. Brrrrr I'm glad I've got a remote starter on the car!
Old 01-17-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by head_first View Post
I had to turn my heat on for the first time this winter today
wow!
Old 01-17-2007

its bitter! I opted to keep the kids home from school today..
Old 01-17-2007

Yeah....lived in sk for 3 yrs. Got down to -41.6C without windchill, for a couple of days. I was pluggin in the block heater...and the cord snap'd.
Old 01-17-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiph0p View Post
I'm so moving to california with my dad in march Lol i hate the cold and i hate snow
Pack me in your suitcase please!!!!
Old 01-17-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppyluv View Post
if anyone see's an animal left outside, call the animal control right away!

I've never seen my dog do her business so quick in the 5 years she's been alive. Hook her up open door DON"T turn around. Theres no time. Shes down the stair and up again before you can blink!

I wish she was that fast a 3am when I want to get back into bed!!!!
Old 01-17-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by oasis View Post
I've never seen my dog do her business so quick in the 5 years she's been alive. Hook her up open door DON"T turn around. Theres no time. Shes down the stair and up again before you can blink!

I wish she was that fast a 3am when I want to get back into bed!!!!
That made me laugh outloud, my bf thinks I'm crazy now...but he did the same thing when he let his german shepard out for a tinkle....lol

Vix
Old 01-17-2007

My problem is I have a shepard/Husky cross. She loves the cold and snow. These bitter temps she's fast. But let it warm up 1 or 2 degrees, you can let her out come back 10 min later and she's lying down on the porch sleeping. Then she get grouchy when you call her in!

She loves it outside. But she also wants YOU to be out there with her. She'll bounce at the door and when you open it she'll run down the stairs and bark at you to come and play! I don't mind this in the summer, but when its cold you want to go down and kick her tushie up the stairs!!!!

Problem with that is if you kick her but she thinks your playing and tries to tackle you! She's Cute but not too bright!

Check her out

http://s13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...ur%20Children/

Old 01-17-2007

awwwwwwww! she is so cute!!
Old 01-18-2007

Oh my, holy cow batman....from -37 to up to 30 cm rain storm for friday....I think I wanna become a recluse..(is that one of those people that stays in all the time?!?!?)

Vix
Old 01-18-2007

well i am at work and oasis that is the funniest thing i have ever heard i am laughing and everyone thought i was laughing at them lol
Old 01-19-2007
Member (< 100 posts)

Talking Topic: Now calling for as low as -40 8|

We have a shepard/huskey cross...and she is the total opposite..(well my mom and dad have her)...she'll run out..pee...and race you back up the stairs before you can blink...and she's 12 years old...lol. she has always hated the outside...she'll lay right next to the heater all the time..and she sheds tubleweeds all the time too...we used to brush her non stop when we all lived at home..now my dad does it...she'll just lay there and pant...lol...
Old 01-19-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryshc View Post
We have a shepard/huskey cross...and she is the total opposite..(well my mom and dad have her)...she'll run out..pee...and race you back up the stairs before you can blink...and she's 12 years old...lol. she has always hated the outside...she'll lay right next to the heater all the time..and she sheds tubleweeds all the time too...we used to brush her non stop when we all lived at home..now my dad does it...she'll just lay there and pant...lol...
My wife will sweep the floors in the afternoon, and by the time I get home you'd never know she'd done it. We sweep up enough fur in a week to build another dog!! And she hates to be brushed. She growls and nipps at you when you do it. She's been that way since she was a pup. My last dog if she saw you with a brush she'd sit at your feet and let you brush her all day.

I have a blind friend that comes over a lot and he will scratch and scrape at her with his hands and she loves it. I do the same and she thinks I'm playing. So when he comes ove I get him to ruff her fur up really well then I brush her down quickly with a towel. That helps quite a bit.

She'll be 6 years old on the 28th of this month. And she's still all puppy!
Old 01-19-2007
Member (< 100 posts)

Red face Topic: Now calling for as low as -40 8|

we have ended up taking so much fur off of her, we could fill a sobeysd grocery bag...and yes you could make another dog...and if you scratch her ear just right, she'll give a big doggie groan and flop at your feet...or on your feet...lol...it's hilarious..and she looks jsut like the dog from "the littlest hobo"...london i think his name was...