Job satisfaction poll General: Discussion

i SJ: Saint John, New Brunswick  Shopping, Classifieds, Jobs, Real Estate & Rentals, Discussion, Deals, Flyers, + more!

Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online!
Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online! See all recent posts Post a new ad / message Enhanced Features  Helpdesk
Business Advertising Sign-Up (Free!) Search
iSaintJohn Home Forums Home Contact Us Site Rules Terms of Use Privacy Statement

Visit the upgraded front page of iSJ for more info!

Free Saint John Visitor's Guide

Search the web:

Go Back   Saint John Classifieds & Forums > General & Local Discussion > General: Discussion

View Poll Results: Job satisfaction?
I work in a call centre and like/get satisfaction from my job 13 21.67%
I work in a call centre and dislike my job 8 13.33%
I work in a non-call centre job and like/get satisfaction from my job 25 41.67%
I work in a non-call centre job and dislike my job 6 10.00%
I work for myself and am happy/enjoy what I do 7 11.67%
I work for myself and dislike my job 1 1.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-11-2007
Member (100 to 500 posts)

Default Topic: Job satisfaction poll

Job satisfaction poll

Just wondering about job satisfaction etc and how many people work for themselves, whether you are happier doing this than working for someone else, as well as how many people out there who work in call centres actually like thier jobs compared to non-call centre people. I'm not sure how to do a 'poll' on here but i'll give it a try:

...Just curious for everyone's opinion on this!!
Old 01-11-2007

I can't answer your poll because i have a full-time job and run two home businesses on top of it. My full time job is meh...i really enjoy my own businesses though. Once things move a little faster, hopefully i can quit my full time job and concentrate solely on my home businesses.
Old 01-11-2007

I'am self emplyed and I love it.. I love everything about my job and the people (my little people ), I take care of. I espeacially love being able to stay home with my little lady. There is nothing in the world I would trade for the passed three years I have been doing it.

Last edited by janegirl; 01-12-2007 at 07:38 AM..
Old 01-11-2007

I've been working in the same call center for 12 years now and I love my job. I have loved every role I have held in my center. I am paid well for the work I do, my hours are great, I no longer deal with external customers but my internal customer contacts are very satisfying.

I also have a business with my husband. I work it in the evenings while he works it full-time every day. We both love the business and wish to take it to the point where it could support us without the need for any outside job but that won't be right away.
Old 01-11-2007
Long-Time Member (500+ posts)

I just wish I could work right now. I'd be happy doing any job even cleaning toilets. I'm so bored!
Old 01-11-2007

*Love my job!!*

Hi everyone.. I'm self employed, and i love it..I do childcare from my home..It's great..Not much to complain about, I get to stay at home and play with kids alll day..lol..I have been doing this for the past 5 years..My child has now moved on to school..If i haden't enjoyed it, I think i would have gone back into the workforce..Like i said not much to complain about ..i get to play and have fun all day..and bonus i get paid to do it.Dosent get any better..
Old 01-12-2007

LOL it is funny how different people enjoy and get satisfaction out of different jobs.

The job you just discribed with working with kids all day, would be a job from heck for me lol. I would last a day, maybe a half a day lol.I would end up in a corner crying and sucking my thumb, just waiting for all the little people to go home.

I work in a call center (Wyndham) and I love it, I just got a promotion working with new hires, and I love that too.

Last edited by puppyluv; 01-12-2007 at 07:49 AM.. Reason: language
Old 01-12-2007

Smile Topic: Job satisfaction poll

chinna dah

my daughter works for wyndham too!!! she has been there for about a month now, her roommate just got hired there as well, she is in a traing class.
My daughter loves it there!
Old 01-12-2007

I'm in the same boat as amethyst. I work for my father's company and love it (will soon be mine) and I also run two businesses from home.

I work for myself with The Mom Team and also write short stories, budgets, design personalized cards, invitations etc... (see my business ad above ;-) )

Last edited by tred816; 01-12-2007 at 09:50 AM..
Old 01-12-2007

Call Centre worker.....BOOOO i hate it, no satisfaction, no fun, monotenous, i could go on for pages but we'll just leave it at that
Old 01-14-2007

I work at a call center. I don't really like my job but I love the people I work with.
Old 01-15-2007
Member (< 100 posts)

I work for a call center. I'm NEVER going to get promoted even though I've spent 4 years here. I hate the job but like my co workers. If I have to tell one more person how to turn on their monitor (I do internet tech support) I think I'll scream. People ask me why I don't quit. I retort that it pays $12/hour with full benefits, and there are no jobs in the city that pay better for someone like myself.
Old 01-17-2007

i work in a callcenter -wyndam and i L O V E it - worked with NCO first, liked that in the beginning but don't know what they started doing there that I just had to leave...
Old 01-17-2007

I worked at NCO when it was RMH. It was ok. Maybe I should apply to Wyndam when I get better. My typing is getting good sitting in front of the pc all the time and boy, can I talk on the phone!