Horse back riding lessons Sports & Activities

i SJ: Saint John, New Brunswick  Shopping, Classifieds, Jobs, Real Estate & Rentals, Discussion, Deals, Flyers, + more!

Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online!
Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online! See all recent posts Post a new ad / message Enhanced Features  Helpdesk
Business Advertising Sign-Up (Free!) Search
iSaintJohn Home Forums Home Contact Us Site Rules Terms of Use Privacy Statement

Visit the upgraded front page of iSJ for more info!

Free Saint John Visitor's Guide

Search the web:

Go Back   Saint John Classifieds & Forums > Other Discussion > Sports & Activities

Old 06-17-2007
Member (< 100 posts)

Talking Topic: Horse back riding lessons

Horse back riding lessons

Could anyone suggest a horse back riding stable that i can take my child to....my child would like to learn how to ride and has shown an interest but i would like to let him ride (with supervision) first to see if he really wants to learn how to do all that is involved in this sport...thanks for any info...oh we live on the east side so anywhere east towards hampton would be preferable
Old 06-20-2007

Default Topic: Horse back riding lessons

there is a place on the Chamberlain Road in Quispamsis that gives riding lessons. I can't think of their last name.
go out the highway towards hampton. take exit 121. it is one with the Tim Horton's beside the highway. go straight through the lights heading towards the Gondola Point Ferry. Take your next right. That is the Chamberlain Road.
Go in about a kilometer. The place you want is the farm on your left side. You will probably see the horses out by fence by the road.
Tally Ho!
Old 06-20-2007
Member (< 100 posts)

You can also check out Butternut stables in Hampton just on the corner of the Hall Road and Robertson Road. I do believe they do lessons and they might lead you to somewhere closer to home for you.

My daughter said she wanted to learn and she has been going to Hampton Bible Camp now for 6 years and loves riding the horses there. That is where she learned.
Old 06-20-2007
Member (100 to 500 posts)

There's also Jorrock Stables on Churchland Road and another one in Barnesville, just not sure of their name.
Old 06-21-2007
Member (< 100 posts)

thanks everyone for all the info...gives me lots of options
Old 06-24-2007
Member (100 to 500 posts)

i learned to ride at Kennedy stables. it is a small area in the Hampton area i think. it has been a while. but Lyn is a very good calm riding instructor. she only charges 20 dollars a lesson and they last a while. if you go ask to have your child ride Frog or Taylor they are awesome horses very calm. and buy the end of the summer your son will be flying over fences. she also does riding lessons in the winter unlike HBC and butter nut. Also gizking ask your daughter if she ever road a horse named tumbleweed lol a very clumsy paint appy. lol. I bought the horse last year and if she knows who he is then you can reassure her that he is spoiled rotten and very happy. but as for riding lessons i highly recomend Lyn Kennedy she is very professional and isn't stuck up like most. When i went to butternut with my friend we last the summer and then we were down for the winter because the person didn't want to use the horses in the winter, we then found out about lyn and started going to here. it saved us 70 bucks or so and we were able to ride every saturday she even enters you into horse shows!