Washing Machine Bandits General: Discussion

i SJ: Saint John, New Brunswick  Shopping, Classifieds, Jobs, Real Estate & Rentals, Discussion, Deals, Flyers, + more!

Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online!
Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online! See all recent posts Post a new ad / message Enhanced Features  Helpdesk
Business Advertising Sign-Up (Free!) Search
iSaintJohn Home Forums Home Contact Us Site Rules Terms of Use Privacy Statement

Visit the upgraded front page of iSJ for more info!

Free Saint John Visitor's Guide

Search the web:

Go Back   Saint John Classifieds & Forums > General & Local Discussion > General: Discussion

Old 12-27-2006
Member (< 100 posts)

Unhappy Topic: Washing Machine Bandits

Washing Machine Bandits

Hi everyone. I now have a beef of my own. I live in a security locked building, supposedly, and in the last 3 months, our building has been "hit" 4 times. The latest night being Christmas night! Since i work nights, I was awake at 2:30, and was watching a movie. I heard noises out in the hallway, and thought it was my neighbor across the hall, so I peeked out the peephole and was going to ask him to keep in down since my daughter was so sick. There was on one across the hall, but the noises got louder and louder. So, I called the police, who showed up quite a bit later. Come to find out, he got in the back door, which is right by my window, and went out the front. We recently had a lock put on our laundry room door, and the noises i heard were him trying to pry it open. Needless to say i didn't get anymore sleep. I was told, that he had hit Fort Howe apartments hard, and when the repair man was there..he tried yet again! but the repair man scared him off. The police had mentioned that if i had stuck my head out my doorway i most likely would have scared him off...hehehehe...nope..i'm a scardy cat...MEOW! They say that he is just a punk looking for the change from the machines..but what i ask is why is he looking for it. Anyone who is that desparate for money?...how long will it be before he switches to apartments. I don't feel safe anymore. Not at all..Maybe i'll get a place with washer dryer hook-up, since he's only targeting laundry rooms.
Old 12-27-2006

Default Topic: Washing Machine Bandits

The nerve eh ? I totally agree with you about not sticking your head out the door , that's why we have police ( when they do decide to show) lol, no all joking aside u did right by not going outside , and as for being nervous you should be.

When u go to the laundry room try to make it when others are there .
If the police had of showed up soon after u called they may have caught the culprit and that would have put a stop to him.

Desperate people do desperate things sometimes.
He may not come back there either if he seen the police there.
Old 12-27-2006

Wow. And to think I had it bad when y old super intendant use to take my clothes out mid dryer cycle, and use the money i put in to dry their clothes. I hated public washers and dryers, I had so many of my daughters clothing go missing I kind of feel sorry for people who feel they need to steal though, in a way, it's really sad. No excuse for it, but people can feel so desperate at times, and it is disheartening.
Old 12-27-2006
Member (100 to 500 posts)

Two words for you...Louisville Slugger.
Old 12-27-2006

Hi Nail

I see your Louisville Slugger...and i raise you a Joe Louis.

Truth, tastes even better the second day.

Truthiness Inc
Old 12-27-2006

i don't know if public laundry mats are any safer. after a long time away from them, my wife and i had to start using a laundromat again. she used to go by herself, but when she came home, she would tell me about the creepy guys hanging around trying to get a glimse of her underwear. sorry to say i was doubtful, but i started going with her, and she was right. creepy guys would be hanging around trying to get a look at our dirty laundry. eeeewwwww......
now i make sure i go with her so that one of these guys don't try to follow her home...
Old 12-27-2006
Long-Time Member (500+ posts)

eeew t-bone, that is creepy. have you ever reported it to laundromat staff?
Old 12-27-2006

Talking Topic: Washing Machine Bandits

Nail are you still hanging in laundromats???
Old 12-27-2006

Smile Topic: Washing Machine Bandits

it is so unbelievable that i am not sure the staff would take me seriously. we try to our laundry at other places now. can we come over and do a couple loads at your place
Old 12-29-2006

in this mornings paper (friday), it says the police caught some guy ripping off coin machines in a laundry room in a building on Newman Street. Hopefully they caught your guy!