paintball Sports & Activities

i SJ: Saint John, New Brunswick  Shopping, Classifieds, Jobs, Real Estate & Rentals, Discussion, Deals, Flyers, + more!

Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online!
Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online! See all recent posts Post a new ad / message Enhanced Features  Helpdesk
Business Advertising Sign-Up (Free!) Search
iSaintJohn Home Forums Home Contact Us Site Rules Terms of Use Privacy Statement

Visit the upgraded front page of iSJ for more info!

Free Saint John Visitor's Guide

Search the web:

Go Back   Saint John Classifieds & Forums > Other Discussion > Sports & Activities

Old 05-09-2007
Long-Time Member (500+ posts)

Smile Topic: paintball

paintball

i think saint john needs a paintball field.. like speedball.... i hv already sent letters 2 the mayor and blah but never happens, i dont no if its just me but i think saint john needs a place for paintballers to play
Old 05-09-2007
Member (100 to 500 posts)

Default Topic: paintball

Having a paintball field isnt like having a soccer field or baseball field. Paintball markers are dangerous and games need to be regulated by properly trained referees. Insurance costs, paint, maintenance etc...Something i'm sure the city doesnt want to pay for. Private owners are all over the outskirts of town and some within city limits, you just have to know where to look!
Old 05-09-2007

There are places to go in the outlying areas for this.
Old 05-09-2007

Send a message via MSN to tigersvain
Angry Topic: paintball

Saint John just needs something exciting period... unless you are 80 years old and just sit at home all day or your a 19 yr old who just club hits every single weekend... but IMO that gets boring very quick. COME ON SAINT JOHN!!! put us on the map for something, instead our stupid historic buildings that look like crap and are rat infested. Its amazing that theres not more violence here because theres NOTHING to do!!! build us a race track, or paintball field....do something that can keep people amused otherwise everyone but the 80 yr olds and 19yr olds are gonna leave, 3/4 of my friends live out west because its so boring here and now i'm also thinkin of it.
Old 05-10-2007

ya and the city complains about how pep shoot pball guns at houses.. well mabe if we had a field then they wouldnt hv to
Old 05-13-2007
Member (< 100 posts)

Um I used to run a paintball buisness did for 6 years and it didn't last. Saint Johners didnt support it Wal Mart/Canadian Tire comes in and sells guns at very LOW prices and you can't compete with them. Then when there plastic guns break they used to bring them to my store and expect me to fix them for free. I did do this service for the 1st 3 years I was open. Then realized its a waste the customers would come to me to service there cnd tire/ walmart guns then not buy anything from me still go back and get paintballs from cnd tire and walmart and wonder why they would constantly break in there guns. Its a low quality paint its going to do that. You could spend an extra $5 and get paint thats not going to do that from me. Point of this post small buisnesses are all starting to close people all go to Walmart/cnd tire instead of specialty shops.
Old 05-13-2007

Did you happen to have the place in that small strip mall up on hickey road? If so i bought my tippmann 98 custom and a flatline barrel from you, plus always got my bottles filled and paintballs there...was an awesome gun, awesome balls and never had a problem with the tank refills . Then i moved into saint john and all my friends moved away with their guns so i sold mine i miss playin paintball alot!

I agree about tha cdn tire and walmart guns and paint, those balls wouldnt even fly decently straight, and they were more oval then round, plus they blew up in my barrel all the time, very fustrating to use. then i went and started using Diablo's which were onyl a few bucks more and that was a HUGE difference, was like night and day. Well put it this way, i sniped someone with my gun (had a 8x scope on the top of it) i was aprox 30 feet or so away, angled properly, shot and got a direct shot, bullseye.... this guy was crouched behind a homemade bunker made of alder bushes that we had dug out. Wish i could get back into this sport, even though it can get a lil pricey its deffinatly some of the best fun i'v had in my life. good exercise too when people are coming at you and you gotta run for your life! lol

Last edited by tigersvain; 05-13-2007 at 11:20 PM..
Old 05-15-2007
New Member (< 10 posts)

Think and look before you talk

Just to put my two cents in, shooting a paintball marker (marker not a gun) outside of a legal paintball field is unacceptable. If your complaining that there is nowhere to play sound like to me that your not looking to hard. There is a field located in Grand Bay Westfield called Hurricane Paintball and they have Six fields in play including a woods speedball field. If you have your own marker and mask all you have to purchase is paint and air.
Old 05-15-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by beansie View Post
Just to put my two cents in, shooting a paintball marker (marker not a gun) outside of a legal paintball field is unacceptable. If your complaining that there is nowhere to play sound like to me that your not looking to hard. There is a field located in Grand Bay Westfield called Hurricane Paintball and they have Six fields in play including a woods speedball field. If you have your own marker and mask all you have to purchase is paint and air.
Its not the fact of using them outside of a paintball field, its the fact of using them to do what they were not meant to do, such as shoot houses, cars, unexpected people...the list can go on and on. These actions will cause paintball guns to be banned or may possibly need a license to own one, such as a firearm. These guns at high velocity can really damage property and even a person if hit in the eye. As for damaging property heres an example, i had an old subaru justy sitting in my yard i used for a dune buggy, well i decided to paint it with my paintball gun, one ball hit the headlight glass and it shattered into bits. These guns can be very strong and if miss used, action will be taking and laws will be set in place for these.
Old 05-15-2007

some people dont hv the money to drive to granbay every day.. and im talkin about speedball
Old 05-15-2007

Send a message via MSN to squirrles_88
Thumbs up Topic: paintball

ya but if anyone really like to play that game its worth the drive i know i would drive all the to monton if i had to just to have a fun day of paint balling it would be a great thing to do
Old 05-18-2007

try amethysts sand box.but you have to play by her rules !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by inepteye View Post
i think saint john needs a paintball field.. like speedball.... i hv already sent letters 2 the mayor and blah but never happens, i dont no if its just me but i think saint john needs a place for paintballers to play
Old 05-18-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by pale rider View Post
try amethysts sand box.but you have to play by her rules !!
where is that?
Old 05-18-2007

LOL...he's kidding...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigersvain View Post
where is that?
Old 05-18-2007

Quote: