Christmas Thoughts General: Discussion

i SJ: Saint John, New Brunswick  Shopping, Classifieds, Jobs, Real Estate & Rentals, Discussion, Deals, Flyers, + more!

Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online!
Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online! See all recent posts Post a new ad / message Enhanced Features  Helpdesk
Business Advertising Sign-Up (Free!) Search
iSaintJohn Home Forums Home Contact Us Site Rules Terms of Use Privacy Statement

Visit the upgraded front page of iSJ for more info!

Free Saint John Visitor's Guide

Search the web:

Go Back   Saint John Classifieds & Forums > General & Local Discussion > General: Discussion

Old 12-21-2006
Member (< 100 posts)

Send a message via MSN to tony_s Send a message via Yahoo to tony_s
Default Topic: Christmas Thoughts

Christmas Thoughts

Just a quick note is christmas more and more commercialized every year i remember when i was a kid your were lucky and happy to see 1 or 2 gifts under the tree.Now kids theses days if under the tree is not full it's like wow where is the rest .Think we need to go back to the old christmas were just being with family was important.
Old 12-21-2006

I like all my presents sorry. But I love having my family around too.
Old 12-22-2006
*Basic-Level* Paid Account

It is all in how you raise your children.
Christmas is what you make it.
My daughter who is 12 is always thrilled at christmas. She does recieve gifts but not that many, maybe 5 in total from us (nothing pricey which we could afford if we wanted to) and 5-8 from various family members (again nothing pricey). She was always taught that christmas is about spending time with family and giving. And, giving does not need to be much just a little something to let your family and friends know that they were thought of at this special time of year. Very often we make handmade gifts together, it seems so much more personal and gives us quality time together.
Dont' get me wrong she loves her presents too but is always happy with whatever she has recieved no matter how big or small.
In fact she made a comment last year how her 2 cousins (7 & 15) were selfish, spoiled and ungrateful people. Last year each one of them had more individual presents then we had under our tree for 4 people and 2 cats. And neither one of them were satisfied with what they got, they wanted more.
Old 12-22-2006

Smile Topic: Christmas Thoughts

Remember

I remember growing up we had to give a list of 3 things we wanted and my parents would try to get us at least one of them. From a family of 7 it had to be so hard for them to do it. Now I find that some kids want so much.
I am so lucky that my girls growing up were not hard to please and never really asked for to much.
This year my 6 year old grand daughter asked for a rocking chair, clothes and anything else santa wanted to bring.
I feel that the true meaning of Christmas is being missed by so many young ones.Let us all take the time and explain to them that "Jesus is the Reason for the season" Let them know that on that special night Jesus received 3 gifts.
At this time of year some people have no family around so if you have family enjoy every second with them that you can.
Merry Chrismas to all of you and God Bless each and everyone of you today, tommorrow and always! :-)
Old 12-22-2006
Long-Time Member (500+ posts)

merry chistmas and a happy new year to this great online familly of isj'ers
Old 12-22-2006
Member (< 100 posts)

Send a message via MSN to tony_s Send a message via Yahoo to tony_s

christmas thoughts

Thats my point christmas i believe it's the time for family we focus so much on how much we can spend for that 1 time of the year.most people go in debt just for that 1 day .I have heard kids wanting that ps3 sure why not go to a store and spend $1,000 dollars. Kids will play for and couple hours and get bored just like normal kids.Anyways i hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and a Good New Year.
PS.And lets all pray the credit card gods are gentle this year
Old 12-22-2006

My mother and father in law answer kids letters to santa... one kid had 49 things on their list... FORTY NINE! wow...but you do still get the kids who ask for heart wrentching things like 'I want my daddy to come home for Christmas.' So not all are ungrateful snobs, but holy smokes, take a look at kids these days, I feel SO bad for parents who have little money, or lots of kids who feel like they have to compete with those who unneedingly spoil their children. it's sad .