Wanted, a mall Santa that will talk to the children General: Discussion

i SJ: Saint John, New Brunswick  Shopping, Classifieds, Jobs, Real Estate & Rentals, Discussion, Deals, Flyers, + more!

Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online!
Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online! See all recent posts Post a new ad / message Enhanced Features  Helpdesk
Business Advertising Sign-Up (Free!) Search
iSaintJohn Home Forums Home Contact Us Site Rules Terms of Use Privacy Statement

Visit the upgraded front page of iSJ for more info!

Free Saint John Visitor's Guide

Search the web:

Go Back   Saint John Classifieds & Forums > General & Local Discussion > General: Discussion

Old 12-18-2006
Long-Time Member (500+ posts)

Talking Topic: Wanted, a mall Santa that will talk to the children

Wanted-A Mall Santa that will actually Talk to the kids...

Hey SJ, I've been really bummed out for the longest time. I remember when I was a kid, most times the local Mall Santa's would actually talk to the kids and ask them if they've been good and what they want for christmas; now since I've been taking my daughter (she's 9), the local Santa's will just sit there with the kids while the photographer takes their pic....just once in the past 9 years did Santa talk to my little one and I was extremely happy he did. My daughter was sooo happy & it showed he was careing enuff to talk to her. Now why can't the Mall Santa's be more than just a backdrop for a photo-it would mean soooo much to the kids and I'm sure the parents would appreciate it as well......Just my .02.

P.S. Santa, I have been really good this year The cookies and the Egg Nog will be waiting for you.....lol

Vix
Old 12-18-2006
Member (< 100 posts)

Default Topic: Wanted, a mall Santa that will talk to the children

At McAllister Place there is one Santa who is awesome! He talks alot everytime my 2 year old wants to check him out. She won't sit on his knee - but he'll come over and talk to her anyway. He usually comments on something cute she is wearing or holding and then offers her a candy cane (which is really the only reason she wants to see Santa). I have a picture of her when she was 4 months old on Santa's knee. He looked so grumpy. It really ruined the picture. Oh well, what can you do?!
Old 12-18-2006

Have to agree with you Vix. Xmas has become so commercialized that even Santa isn't the same anymore. The more kids they get through, the more $$$ they make taking pictures.

Ever notice that at McAllister Place the pics are $7 each!!! and at Lancaster Mall they're $1!!! At least if you're gonna charge $7, give a discount on the second pic, nope. Last year, for fun, my teenage daughter and I got our pics and it cost $14 for 2 of the same pic. Come on!

Next time, I'll sneak my own camera in and snap a shot lol see what they say about that. :-)
Old 12-19-2006
Member (100 to 500 posts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tred816 View Post
Next time, I'll sneak my own camera in and snap a shot lol see what they say about that. :-)

Bah Humbug!! SAnta deserves something for putting on that polyester suit!
Old 12-19-2006

lo what? $6/hr not enough??? hehe ;-)
Old 12-19-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovinmy2girls View Post
At McAllister Place there is one Santa who is awesome! He talks alot everytime my 2 year old wants to check him out. She won't sit on his knee - but he'll come over and talk to her anyway.
Actually he was the one who showed an interest in her....when he gave her the "coloring sheet" they were talking about the picture and both of them were looking at it and pointing, it turned out to be the best picture. I do have to give McAllister credit for hiring a great santa, but yes the pics are highly priced, that's why I could only afford 1 then I had that one scanned at walmart and did a couple more for relatives .

Merry Christmas everyone!!!

Vix
Old 12-19-2006
Member (100 to 500 posts)

If they are getting $7 a pic I hope they are paying Santa a lot more than 6 bux an hr ( I doubt it tho..........)
Old 12-19-2006

That does it...I'm going stop shaving and start eating now...chocolate, cakes, pies ..everything, by next Christmas..I'm going to be a free Santa..yes sir, fatten right up...set up a display, byoc (bring your own camera)....whoeee!
Old 12-19-2006

Maybe it's the fact that Santa has to see hundreds of kids in a day. He may not have time to listen to all the children.

Or maybe we should start teaching our children about Christmas. Not buying crap.

And dan........That would just be creepy.
Old 12-19-2006

The santa at mc alister was very very nice to my little one. Mind you the picture turned out horribly, she looked slightly frightened (first time seeing Santa, and she doesn't adjust well to strangers) But he was really really sweet. I'm just regretting that I paid $7 for a horrid photo. My poor baby has a bruise on her cheek and looks kind of grumpy in the pic The photographer left a lot to be desired, but Santa was very very nice, and my Maddy even sang to him when she was done and I had picked her up.
Old 12-19-2006

You don't get to take another if it turns out bad?

What a rip!
Old 12-19-2006

They probably would have, but the photographer was kind of bleh with kids, and my daughter looked so uncomfortable that I just said ok, and gave them their money.
Old 12-19-2006

Yup you do!! I took my daughter and we were trying to get her to smile in the pics but she too looked slightly scared. So the lady kept taking them till she smiled..which was on the 4th try . (they use digital so you can see the pic right away) Mind you there was no line up of kids waiting for Santa so we were not rushed. Wish I had of known they only charge $1.00 at Lancaster Mall, I would of went there!!
I must add I have taken my daughter a couple times now to see him and in all her pictures Santa is never smiling! He has always been so nice to her but just doesn't smile. I think if you sign up for the job and you know your going to be dealing with kids the least you could do is put a smile on your face for a $7.00 picture!! After all Santa is suppost to be Jolly and Happy...and he certainly doesn't look it in our pictures.
Old 12-19-2006

I think next time I go to McAllister Place Ill bring a couple cookies for santa....maybe that'll cheer him up

Vix
Old 12-19-2006

Really..now i'm hurt..i thought I would make a great Santa...(it was only a joke)
Old 12-19-2006

Talking Topic: Wanted, a mall Santa that will talk to the children

Quote:
Originally Posted by daneast View Post
Really..now i'm hurt..i thought I would make a great Santa...(it was only a joke)
I'm sure you'd make a great santa.....want some milk & cookies???? lol jk

Vix