Just need to vent! General: Discussion

i SJ: Saint John, New Brunswick  Shopping, Classifieds, Jobs, Real Estate & Rentals, Discussion, Deals, Flyers, + more!

Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online!
Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online! See all recent posts Post a new ad / message Enhanced Features  Helpdesk
Business Advertising Sign-Up (Free!) Search
iSaintJohn Home Forums Home Contact Us Site Rules Terms of Use Privacy Statement

Visit the upgraded front page of iSJ for more info!

Free Saint John Visitor's Guide

Search the web:

Go Back   Saint John Classifieds & Forums > General & Local Discussion > General: Discussion

Old 03-24-2007
Long-Time Member (500+ posts)

Default Topic: Just need to vent!

Just need to vent!

Awhile back I posted how my ex decided to move in across the street from me and I was freaking cause I had broken up with him because of something horriable he did. Well tonight I heard someone yelling on the street so I looked out my window and there he was totally drunk out of his mind all over some girl. It doesn't help that she is really pretty too. I mean I realize he probably didn't really love me but I totally loved him. It just really hurts! I knew this would happen when he moved across the street that I would have to watch him date other people. My friend who I called right away thinks he is just trying to get me worked up because she was like why else would he be yelling. I just feel like he has hurt me enough! Why does he have to rub it in my face?! Sorry not trying to post my personal problems and I'm sure I'll be embarassed later but I am so frustrated right now!
Old 03-24-2007

Some men just don't know when to stop hurting you I'm so sorry. I hope you feel better
Old 03-24-2007

I know! It just sucks cause I'm stuck in my flipping apartment trying to get better and here he is all over some chick in front of my apartment!
Old 03-24-2007
****Gold-Level**** Paid Account

Send a message via Yahoo to vanessalynn5484

Drunk in the street all over some girl? That is so distasteful and disrespectful. Hunny, you deserve much more.

Keep in mind he is her problem now!

Sorry you have to experience this

Old 03-24-2007

hey

Cherry Pop, don't feel embarrassed at all, it's best to get things out and talk about them and I know most people on here respect that and will try to give you the best advice. I have to agree with Vanessa on this one, I know it may hurt, trust me I've been there, but in the long run you are sooo much better off. I was totally in love with my ex and when we broke up I was devastated and made myself sick all the time picturing or seeing him with someone else. But trust me, eventually you aren't going to care anymore and you'll find someone that adores you and treats you the way you deserve to be treated. I know it might not seem like it right now, cause I know people told me this when I was in your shoes, but trust me it will definitely get better ! Plus he sounds like a total idiot for acting like that anyway, so whatever you do, even though it may bother you, don't let him know that it does cause that's what he wants.

Good Luck.
Old 03-24-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanessalynn5484 View Post
Drunk in the street all over some girl? That is so distasteful and disrespectful. Hunny, you deserve much more.

Keep in mind he is her problem now!

Sorry you have to experience this
yeah he was yelling so i looked out my window. I wish he would move again. it feels like he moved across the street to upset me well it worked! I know I'm better off without him but if i know this why does it still hurt?
Old 03-25-2007

The brain and heart rarely agree. I'm sorry you have to put up with that crap. I can't say I have any great words of advise for getting over him or how to deal with him but I hope it heals fast for you!
Old 03-25-2007

You could always look at it this way , be thankful you're not his gf anymore , his new gf is the one that should bare the embarrasment now , feel sorry for her.
Makes you wonder what you ever seen in him doesn't it? But then they do say love is blind.

Things can only get better for you keep your chin up
Old 03-25-2007

In my humble opinion if he is drunk and yelling on the street you are so better off without him..sounds like the village idiot to me.
don't let him have that kind of power over you...
Old 03-25-2007

Thanks people! I guess he did look really dumb to be that drunk on the street. I guess for me, with everything going on it's hard to think logical cause I'm kind of emotional right now. The thing that really drives me crazy the most right now is the fact that he is living across the street from me. I do so much better not seeing my ex cause then I don't think of him like "outta sight, outta mind". It's just a sucky situation.
Old 03-25-2007
****Gold-Level**** Paid Account

Send a message via Yahoo to vanessalynn5484

If only our hearts would listen to our heads or see what our eyes see, right? For lack of a better term: It really sucks that you have to live beside him. That makes everything so much harder. I also believe (from reading your other posts) you are experiencing health problems which I am sure does not make anything easier. You seem very strong, intelligent, and loving. You do deserve more. Tell yourself that out loud - it just may help.

What you are feeling is very human and you have no need to be embaressed, I bet you will inspire other women to reach our for advice. Biologically and historically women usually become very attached to their mate (bf, husband, lover, etc) and it's harder for us to pick up and get on with our lives as quickly as some males seem to do.

Just remember this will make you stronger in the end and you shouldn't feel bad about your emotions. If we try and deny our feelings they will cause more problems. There is no quick fix except friends and ice cream I guess.