Being Harassed by my childrens Father General: Discussion

i SJ: Saint John, New Brunswick  Shopping, Classifieds, Jobs, Real Estate & Rentals, Discussion, Deals, Flyers, + more!

Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online!
Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online! See all recent posts Post a new ad / message Enhanced Features  Helpdesk
Business Advertising Sign-Up (Free!) Search
iSaintJohn Home Forums Home Contact Us Site Rules Terms of Use Privacy Statement

Visit the upgraded front page of iSJ for more info!

Free Saint John Visitor's Guide

Search the web:

Go Back   Saint John Classifieds & Forums > General & Local Discussion > General: Discussion

Old 03-14-2007
**Bronze-Level** Paid Account

Default Topic: Being Harassed by my childrens Father

Being Harassed by my childrens Father

Ok im running out of ideas once i finally get away from him and get a new man who treats me and my kids like gold he stalks me and calls 40 times a day easy.. and then trys to get my new man "Jumped" by him and all his friends and threatens to take my kids away from me and just the unbelieveable !! somethings i cant even type on here !!

we were together for 4 years and he did nothing but abuse me and my kids!! I tried to get away so many times in the 4 years and once i finally get away its like everything is getting worse! i call the cops but nothing happens !! And he lies hes such a GOOD LIER ! he calls them on me with some crazy story that isnt even true and its not just him its his whole family !! they all want him to take my kids and they all said they will lie for him in court and its just not real to me its like this crap is out of a movie or something like how can it happen to me im going out of my mind im on medication now and i just need to know what else i can do i just want it to end im getting my # changed today but .. i dont know i just need some advice
Old 03-14-2007

get a notebook and keep track of every single thing he does. dates times etc. Then get yourself a restraining order.

He's a control freak..that's why it's getting worse...your no longer under his thumb and it's driving him crazy.
Old 03-14-2007

yeah it scares me big time , for the 4 years i was with him , i wasnt even allowed to leave my house , call my mother talk to any of my family or even go to the corner store !! it was terrible his father is the same way to his mother and same with his grandfather hes very sick in the head and the things he did to me its just things you wouldnt even believe i just wish i would have done something when it started
Old 03-14-2007
Member (100 to 500 posts)

If anything, make sure that you keep track of everything that's happening. Write everything down if you have to. Why wont the police do anything? That is ridiculous!!! You may want to call Hestia House and find out what rights you have, I know that you arent in the relationship anymore, but they have lots of experience with that type of situation and they will know what you should do to protect yourself, your kids, and your boyfriend. (634-7570) Unfortunately, it sounds like the police want to wait until he does something to really hurt someone before they will do anything.

Hang in there, and let me know how you make out.
Old 03-14-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by megz View Post
Ok im running out of ideas once i finally get away from him and get a new man who treats me and my kids like gold he stalks me and calls 40 times a day easy.. and then trys to get my new man "Jumped" by him and all his friends and threatens to take my kids away from me and just the unbelieveable !! somethings i cant even type on here !!

we were together for 4 years and he did nothing but abuse me and my kids!! I tried to get away so many times in the 4 years and once i finally get away its like everything is getting worse! i call the cops but nothing happens !! And he lies hes such a GOOD LIER ! he calls them on me with some crazy story that isnt even true and its not just him its his whole family !! they all want him to take my kids and they all said they will lie for him in court and its just not real to me its like this crap is out of a movie or something like how can it happen to me im going out of my mind im on medication now and i just need to know what else i can do i just want it to end im getting my # changed today but .. i dont know i just need some advice
I can't relly help you cuz you only post your side of the story. you tried 4 years to get away from him? don't think I will beleive that!
Old 03-14-2007

Quote:
yeah it scares me big time , for the 4 years i was with him , i wasnt even allowed to leave my house , call my mother talk to any of my family or even go to the corner store !! it was terrible his father is the same way to his mother and same with his grandfather hes very sick in the head and the things he did to me its just things you wouldnt even believe i just wish i would have done something when it started
That sounds EXACTLY like my mother and father, only it took her much much longer to get out of that situation... I can't help but notice that someone said they won't believe that you tried to get away, but they don't undesrtand. After being called a slut so many times for putting on lipgloss when you go out, you're told you're stupid every single day and that no one wants you... you believe it. I really feel for your situation... Have you gone to court to apply for full custody? Does he have a documented violent past? if so, capitalize on that. don't hold Anything back. Go to social services and tell them everything he has done to you and your children. I am so sorry for your situation and hope it improves. It really breaks my heart that some people turn abusive situations around to try to make the abused look badly. best of luck.
Old 03-14-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by space View Post
I can't relly help you cuz you only post your side of the story. you tried 4 years to get away from him? don't think I will beleive that!

Why dont you believe that? Have you ever been in an abusive relationship? You must have been, and you must have thought it was a breeze to get out of it... wake up, it is very clear that this guy is definately a control freak! I really dont think that she has any reason to post on here and not tell the truth... Come on!
Old 03-14-2007

it only took my ex girlfriend 1 year and 2months to leave me after the child was born. I didnt try to stop her as she was old enough to leave. and if I did tried to stop her she will then have the police there to have me removed from the home. my daughter mother trying so hard over the years to eliminate me from my daughters life. we been separated since 1993 and we are still battling
Old 03-14-2007

Yeah i really made it up !! whatever i couldnt get away from him just last sunday he sat infront of my house for 12 hours looking in my windows and thats not the 1st time he has done that !! but i just called the cops again im going uptown now ill let yas know what happens
Old 03-14-2007

Quote:
it only took my ex girlfriend 1 year and 2months to leave me after the child was born. I didnt try to stop her as she was old enough to leave. and if I did tried to stop her she will then have the police there to have me removed from the home. my daughter mother trying so hard over the years to eliminate me from my daughters life. we been separated since 1993 and we are still battling

The difference is probably that you werent abusive to your ex.... This guy is obviously messed up and didnt want her to leave. There is a huge difference.
Old 03-14-2007

he controlled me , everytime i would leave i wouldnt be able to leave my house because he would be waiting outside for me he would beat me infront of my kids , there was even a report made by my 4 year old son because he told his teacher about him hitting him on the face and his ear was purple but it got thrown out because he denied it but im starting to beleive it happened im just so out of it right now theres just so much going on he has girls calling me , hes calling me and calling me names and threating me and etc!! im going to talk to someone tomorrow who deals with this kind of thing i called a social worker shes going to help me out thank god bcause im terrified !
Old 03-14-2007

Smile Topic: Being Harassed by my childrens Father

ex

megz i understand i have been there with my ex husband hang in there though he will stop i cant say when it took mine two years then he left the city but came back tried to ruin my life then left again after he seen it would not work some men are this way mine was i have three kids and life was (sh!!ty with him )i was young and foolish i put up with alot for 13 years i called the police and so on and so on after the break up i am so glad it is over now the only thing is he turned in to a dead beat father which is hard on the kids who ever they are but i guess i would rather have it that way then them watch him as a role model not a good one my thoughts are with you
Old 03-14-2007

And im not taking my kids from him , he can visit or take them to his mothers whenever he wants as long as someone is with him when the kids are there i never once said he could not see them , thats their father even if he is an idiot he still made them and they have a right
Old 03-14-2007

Quote:
And im not taking my kids from him , he can visit or take them to his mothers whenever he wants as long as someone is with him when the kids are there i never once said he could not see them , thats their father even if he is an idiot he still made them and they have a right

thats the niceses thing I heard In a long time.. especially to an idiot..lol

I was never an idiot to my e\x but I wish my ex would say the same thing to me and not to treat me like dirt when it comes to visiting my daughter.

Last edited by space; 03-14-2007 at 12:35 PM..
Old 03-14-2007

what are you talking about?
Old 03-14-2007

Quote:
what are you talking about?
Im saying that it was nice of you not keeping the kids away from their father. especially that he was an idiot. I was no idiot to my ex gf but she keeps denying me vistations with my daughter and try to have me out of my daughter life.
Old 03-14-2007

Quote:
Im saying that it was nice of you not keeping the kids away from their father. especially that he was an idiot. I was no idiot to my ex gf but she keeps denying me vistations with my daughter and try to have me out of my daughter life.
hrm... that's only 'one side of the story'

Megs you're a bigger person than I could ever be. The way I see it, sperm doners aren't allowed to see their 'spawn' and it sounds like this man has done nothing for you or your children but cause hardship. In itself that you would still grant him supervised visitation says you're the bigger person in the relationship. Harassment like that shouldn't be allowed to happen. I'm so sorry for you and your son, it's heart breaking to hear a four year old say his daddy hit him. One of my friends nephews had a crappy dad, and he said once 'My daddy broke my house' I think he was 3 or 4 at the time, but his daddy did break everything in his house, and it obviously had an impact on him to see his daddy do that.
Old 03-14-2007

Quote:
Sorry to hear space that your ex g/f doesnt let you see your daughter. Unfortunately, there are problems with the system when one parent has complete control of the other parents ability to see the children. Some parents use that to get back at the ex for something. I think that as long as the parent is fit, loving, caring etc.... they should have every right to visit with the kids as often as possible. Its obviously best for the child to have a relationship with both parents when possible. Any parent who holds back visitation rights for any reason other than the well-being of the child is obviously NOT looking out for their best interest. It's sad, but happens... I dont think that this is the case with Megz though, she is definately the better person in that relationship. In your case though, it sounds as if your ex is just being vindictive... Good luck and I hope things change for the best.
Old 03-14-2007

Space sry to hear about your situation....but im not sure I can believe it. As I haven't heard the other side of the story =-/
Old 03-14-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaskSask View Post
Space sry to hear about your situation....but im not sure I can believe it. As I haven't heard the other side of the story =-/
hahaha your funny