Sea Dogs home games... Sports & Activities

i SJ: Saint John, New Brunswick  Shopping, Classifieds, Jobs, Real Estate & Rentals, Discussion, Deals, Flyers, + more!

Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online!
Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online! See all recent posts Post a new ad / message Enhanced Features  Helpdesk
Business Advertising Sign-Up (Free!) Search
iSaintJohn Home Forums Home Contact Us Site Rules Terms of Use Privacy Statement

Visit the upgraded front page of iSJ for more info!

Free Saint John Visitor's Guide

Search the web:

Go Back   Saint John Classifieds & Forums > Other Discussion > Sports & Activities

Old 03-08-2007
Member (100 to 500 posts)

Question Topic: Sea Dogs home games...

Sea Dogs home games...

How many people have been to the games this season? If you haven't been to any, why don't you go? If you have been to the games, what did you like about the games??

Last edited by Martin; 03-08-2007 at 11:23 AM..
Old 03-08-2007

Default Topic: Sea Dogs home games...

Love to watch the Sea Dogs. We go as a family every chance we get. It is a bit expensive, not the tickets but to feed two kids. But that is all part of the fun. I find sometimes the play is a bit too rough for my liking, but the kids enjoy the fights and checking. I have a child who plays hockey so I know how much padding and protection they wear but still I worry these players are just kids themselves. Lots of fun though. Sat. and Sunday of this week will be the final games of the season and we should all go out and applaud the effort made by these young guys, most of whom are still in High School and away from home. Harbour Station and Sea Dogs management does a great job of promoting a family fun atmosphere, with prizes and between period activities. My kids expecially like the "Chuck a Puck"

Last edited by Eremda; 03-08-2007 at 11:53 AM.. Reason: grammer
Old 03-08-2007
Long-Time Member (500+ posts)

We went last night..my husband, my son, daughter, son-in-law, grandson & granddaughter..
had a great time ..the game was good...I buy my grandson ticket package for Christmas..
all is good..except for the treats!!
The cost of the tickets are reasonable but the prices of the snacks are through the roof..
I can't see how a family with kids can afford it.
Old 03-08-2007

Season Tickets

We go when we can with our Season Tickets.

We always eat supper/lunch before we go as the prices are high.
When we do buy treats, we usually buy the kids packs for $3. Comes with a pop/popcorn/gummy treat, which we purchase in the first intermission.

The thing I don't like about the games are that the ushers usually don't do anything. Some do, some don't. When the game is in play, not only is it dangerous to stand up/walk the stairs, it is rude. People pay good money to see them play, not people walking around blocking your view. I only wish that was enforced. You should not be travelling up and down the stairs making everyone stand up to let you in your seat while the game is in play. It blocks the view of those trying to watch. Some ushers enforce this, but sometimes they don't.

Other than that, we have a good time!
Old 03-08-2007

I agree. It is rude to stand up and move during the play. Another peeve is when people think they do not have to stand still during the singing of O'Canada . The people moving about during the play is becoming in my opinion a real problem and some folks are becoming quite irritated.
Old 03-08-2007

Last two home games of the season are Saturday at 7pm and Sunday at 4pm...

After that it's 3 away games and they're done...
Old 03-08-2007

Been to a few...

My dad bought a couple of flex packs this year, which are great if you know you can't make every game. Five of us are going to Saturday's game. I find the ticket prices are fine, the food is outrageous, but we usually just get a hot chocolate and 1/2 dozen cookies at Tims (when they have hot chocolate! They ran out last time we were there!).

s
Old 03-08-2007

we have tickets to Sundays game !! Woohoo.. My kids LOVE the games and always have fun(even my 21 month old) We go a fair bit really..Like Mandy we eat before we go( usually out and make a whole tiem of it) then we get the kids packs as welll(during the first intermission) sometimes we get cotton candy when the guy comes through the stands and take it home