Pushy Car Salesmen...Help!!! General: Discussion

i SJ: Saint John, New Brunswick  Shopping, Classifieds, Jobs, Real Estate & Rentals, Discussion, Deals, Flyers, + more!

Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online!
Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online! See all recent posts Post a new ad / message Enhanced Features  Helpdesk
Business Advertising Sign-Up (Free!) Search
iSaintJohn Home Forums Home Contact Us Site Rules Terms of Use Privacy Statement

Visit the upgraded front page of iSJ for more info!

Free Saint John Visitor's Guide

Search the web:

Go Back   Saint John Classifieds & Forums > General & Local Discussion > General: Discussion

Old 03-07-2007
Member (100 to 500 posts)

Angry Topic: Pushy Car Salesmen...Help!!!

Pushy Car Salesmen...Help!!!

Does anyone else have the same impression that I do about car salesmen?
I know that some out there are good but it seems that the majority are soooo pushy!! They don't seem to get it that it is a big "turn off" and that you go in their lot with a different attitude right off the bat!! I feel my personality change when I enter a car lot and become very defensive. It also doesn't help that as a women the male salesmen "seem" to think that you are at a "disadvantage".
I am sooo mad... and it takes "alot" to ruffle my feathers...I bought a used Saturn about a month ago...took my time in looking around for a decent used vehicle. Being a single mom with alot of kids, I am really careful with my money and usually make wise decisions.
However, because I had made a few trips into the car lot where I purchased my vehicle, the salesperson said to me that they made a mistake on the price and that if I didn't buy it that day that it was going up 1,000 the next day. ......However, it had been on the internet under the AutoTrader for at least 3 weeks. Don't you think that they would have noticed it before the week that I actually showed interest in it? So, the salesman said "Are you going to buy it or what?" I ended up buying it but I just felt uneasy about the whole transaction. (stupid me, I should have gone with my intuition)
I have since not been happy with my purchase and, have been looking around for something else. I figured I would have to pay a little more but today was told, from someone that I know, that I got an "orphan"!! He said that I would never get my money back out of that vehicle and the salesman (that sold it to me) said as I walked out the door..."You got a great deal...you could sell that and get the same or more than you paid for it when you decide to sell it....Yeah right!!!!!!!

I am tempted to call them to ask what he meant by that statement...I am just past the 30 days. I really hate this vehicle now that I was told today that I got an "Orphan".
Any Advice??????
(What really makes me mad is that they knew that I was a single mom)
Old 03-07-2007

Default Topic: Pushy Car Salesmen...Help!!!

My lil bro is a cars saleman for Acura in Moncton. He is very successful, their best. He has a way he does it. You can either get cheap and no service, or he can give you great service, a good car, but not cheap. Bascially is how he says it too. He won't lie to you. But that being said, some WILL. and I hate that.

Do you have the 30 days to bring it back??

ps..being a woman means STRONG now too!
Old 03-07-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerSlaughter View Post
Simple. Don't trust car salesmen....ever! The will do whatever it takes to make a sale.
Not true...like any salesperson, they want the sale..but the good ones want you to come back again and again, not to mention receommend them to your friends.
Old 03-07-2007
Long-Time Member (500+ posts)

I would have told them to keep the car. Then asked to see his manager. I don't go for pushy salesmen. I've actually just turned my back on them and walked away when they tried high pressure tactics.
Old 03-07-2007

Unhappy Topic: Pushy Car Salesmen...Help!!!

Yes...there are some good ones out there too...but doesn't it seem like the majority are very, very pushy?

I definitely won't be going back or reccomending them to anyone....on the contrary... I have been very upset all day after learning that I would get 8,000 for this Saturn that I paid 11,000 for 1 month ago ???
I know that a "new" vehicle depreciates immediately but does a used one depreciate like this?.... Please let me know if I am wrong.

It especially burns me that "he" made the comment about reselling it for the same money or "more"...he said "what a deal I got" ...yeah right.
Old 03-07-2007
Long-Time Member (500+ posts)

Post Topic: Pushy Car Salesmen...Help!!!

Hi SJ I am actually training to work in a dealership and for that reason "people not trusting Car Salespeople" I want to change the way people see these people. People need to have good experiences looking for their dream car and I want to help them with that, and give them the customer service they deserve & need. Buying a vehicle is a huge purchase and you should never regret a purchase....so please if you ever have 2nd thoughts, take a day or 2 or a week and think about the whole decision, hopefuly you'll never regret it, at least your saleperson should never make you feel like you should. Sorry to hear you had that happen to you Quis...if I were you I would definately contact the manager and discuss the situation, cause maybe that was against Policy. Good luck with whatever you decide and I hope the car is good to you . Take care.

Vix
Old 03-07-2007

Thanks for your reply vix...that is great that you understand that there is a problem out there. I get the feeling that you would like to make a different impression on people....I hope that you make a diference.

I would contact the manager but he was there during most of the sale...he heard the guy tell me what a great deal I was getting and that it was worth that or more.
I regret my purchase, feeling that I was mislead.
Old 03-07-2007

Thanks goin4coffee...that sounds a lot like me too...I did do a lot of research also, but am going through an emotional time right now....I guess I wasnt as strong as I usually am.
Old 03-08-2007

ps..bad publicity might also make them rethink their sale to you ..
You can not put their name here, but I would make a note to let them know about a really interesting letter to the editor....or even calling the BBB etc.
Old 03-08-2007

Thanks puppyluv...I know that I can't put their name here, although it's probably not too hard to figure it out. I was actually thinking about a letter to the editor also. I still havn't figured out what I am going to do about it...but I am not going to let it go.
Old 03-10-2007

to find a good salesman look around see what they have to offer you somesalesman will do whatever it takes to sell a car others will actually help you ie: what exactly are you looking for are you travelling long distances what features you are looking at getting........... others will just say this is what it has take it or leave it basically and when buying a car if you are not at ease with the salesman ask to talk to the manager about one you will find a friendly one and a nice one but it will take about a month just to find him don't rush into things and avoid second hand car shops i know the dealerships come with some warranty as well volkswagon used cars come with 2 year 80,000 warranty on most of there used cars hope this helps