thrown away dog... Pets & Animals

i SJ: Saint John, New Brunswick  Shopping, Classifieds, Jobs, Real Estate & Rentals, Discussion, Deals, Flyers, + more!

Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online!
Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online! See all recent posts Post a new ad / message Enhanced Features  Helpdesk
Business Advertising Sign-Up (Free!) Search
iSaintJohn Home Forums Home Contact Us Site Rules Terms of Use Privacy Statement

Visit the upgraded front page of iSJ for more info!

Free Saint John Visitor's Guide

Search the web:

Go Back   Saint John Classifieds & Forums > Other Discussion > Pets & Animals

Old 08-08-2008

Unhappy Topic: thrown away dog...

thrown away dog...

A dog sits waiting in the cold autumn sun
Too faithful to leave, too frightened to run.
She's been here for days now with nothing to do
But sit by the road, waiting for you.
She can't understand why you left her that day.
She thought you and she were stopping to play.
She's sure you'll come back, and that's why she stays.
How long will she suffer? How many more days?
Her legs have grown weak; her throat parched and dry.
She's sick now from hunger, and falls with a sigh.
She lays down her head and closes her eyes.
I wish you could see how a waiting dog dies.
~Author Unknown
Old 08-08-2008
Member (100 to 500 posts)

Default Topic: thrown away dog...

well if I wasn't already depressed I sure would be after reading that.

put a warning on this stuff would ya?
Old 08-08-2008

ahhh would have thought the title would have been a give away. my bad
Old 08-08-2008
Long-Time Member (500+ posts)

Oh Puppy, that's just too sad. Now I just wanna cry.
Old 08-18-2008

Did anyone hear on the news about the dog that stayed by the side of his dead owner for 6 weeks? The man had went into the woods and killed himself and the faithful dog never left him. Hhe was there until the mans body was found. The german shepherd is fine now and what a beautiful dog he is. This may sound cruel but I was not upset that the man commited suicide but my heart ached for the dog. This act is something that you would never expect to hear about. It makes me understand the love I feel for these innocent, beautiful and loving creatures. I could go on but it makes me too sad to think about the pain that some of them endure in such as short time they are alive. Great poem pupplyluv
Old 08-18-2008

The man was heartless to take his dog on a suicide trip. I can only imagine how he was hurting mentally, but the dog hurt too. So did his family. I am glad the dog is home with the fmaily now.
Old 08-18-2008
Long-Time Member (500+ posts)

Dogs are so loyal. My ancestry is inuit so my people had for generations kept driving (sled) dogs and the stories I heard growing up about devoted dogs was amazing. Many many dogs died to protect their owners or gave their lives so their owners could live. The stories were spellbinding and always made me appreciate the loyality of the dogs.To hear of a dog being abused now makes me so upset.
Old 08-18-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppyluv View Post
The man was heartless to take his dog on a suicide trip. I can only imagine how he was hurting mentally, but the dog hurt too. So did his family. I am glad the dog is home with the fmaily now.
yes it was hard on the dog because the had to sedate him once they found him and his owners body in the woods. But he is doing very good now and looks pretty happy as you said to be home again
Old 08-24-2008

The man was going in to the woods to commit suicide. Obviously not in his right mind. It's sad all the way around.
Old 08-28-2008

these post are sad.. and it makes me think of my old Shepard mix... and the stories me and him and my friend and her black lab share together...

Its sad now to go to my friends and see her black lab fat and almost blind laying around board with nothing to do because she knows she cant walk down the road anymore to see her best friend (my shepard)..

The saying goes a mans best friend is his dog, but i have never seen two dogs so different be best friends... They were there for each other everyday... barking at each other at night etc.. This story will surly touch your hearts....

My friend and i were out in the snow playing with the dogs (at this time both aged 8 (the lab) and nearing 10 (mine)) well sarah wondered onto the ice and the further down the ice she went the more Otis started barking.. to th point he ran after her. just as he got on the ice sarah went through! i have never seen an old dog with arthritis and so fat move in my life... Me and my friend ran after the dogs but we could only watch in horror as sarah started getting closer to the falls... Somehow Otis managed to stay on the ice and get close enough to her to lay down and grab a hold of her bandanna and hold on long enough and pull without hurting her to get her some what out of the water until me and my friend managed to get there and drag her out...

Its a story that i will never forget. The amont of time those two dogs saved each other and mine and my friends lives is crazy... It was sad to have to put otis down a year and a half later. but he was so full of arthritis that he couldnt pick himself up off the floor.

Its sad to here stories about dogs waiting till their owner comes to the point they die or waiting with their dead owner and having to live with that memory of them dying and how they died.