Another Hollywood death. Arts & Entertainment

i SJ: Saint John, New Brunswick  Shopping, Classifieds, Jobs, Real Estate & Rentals, Discussion, Deals, Flyers, + more!

Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online!
Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online! See all recent posts Post a new ad / message Enhanced Features  Helpdesk
Business Advertising Sign-Up (Free!) Search
iSaintJohn Home Forums Home Contact Us Site Rules Terms of Use Privacy Statement

Visit the upgraded front page of iSJ for more info!

Free Saint John Visitor's Guide

Search the web:

Go Back   Saint John Classifieds & Forums > Other Discussion > Arts & Entertainment

Old 12-20-2009
Long-Time Member (500+ posts)

Unhappy Topic: Another Hollywood death.

Another Hollywood death.

http://wonderwall.msn.com/movies/sta...-1530557.story

So sad!! She was so funny in Clueless!!!
Old 12-21-2009

Default Topic: Another Hollywood death.

I know eh!! Very sad! I assume it was drug related, be it perscription or otherwise. Find it odd though that her husband was refusing the autopsy though!!! I remember reading not to long ago that she was outside her home running around hollering about something and hanging out the window hollering too. I dunno, I can't remember exact details but it seemed off!!! I hope it's not another Anna Nicole Smith ordeal! That was sick and I hope that man (Howard Stern) rots in jail for that one!!

It is very sad how many celebrities, let alone us non celebrities, who succomb to drugs. Especially the perscription ones, because you know some medical idiots are abusing their license or being very stupid!!!

We have lost a lot of good actors and actresses this very way!
Old 12-21-2009
Member (< 100 posts)

I read a some things about it through Google News

They mention that authorities think it was from natural causes... she apparently had a bad flu and was vomiting a lot... that can put a lot of stress on the body. And she had diabetes.

It also sounds like her mother lived with her and her husband (an article mentioned she moved to LA with Brittany when she was young, and her mom was the one who found her yesterday), so it probably wasn't illegal drugs anyway.

And the thing about her hollering about something was because she thought she heard gunshots... but it was apparently a generator firing up, which can sound like gunshots.

And about the autopsy, I read it may be a religious preference... due to her husband and maybe Brittany too being Jewish. But they were doing an autopsy today anyway.

I think I only saw a couple of movies with her, but she was the voice of Luanne on the cartoon King of the Hill for about 12 years... kind of neat that she still did it even when getting big into movies

It's sad that she was so young though.

Last edited by frylock; 12-21-2009 at 02:01 PM..
Old 12-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin View Post
I know eh!! Very sad! I assume it was drug related, be it perscription or otherwise. Find it odd though that her husband was refusing the autopsy though!!! I remember reading not to long ago that she was outside her home running around hollering about something and hanging out the window hollering too. I dunno, I can't remember exact details but it seemed off!!! I hope it's not another Anna Nicole Smith ordeal! That was sick and I hope that man (Howard Stern) rots in jail for that one!!

It is very sad how many celebrities, let alone us non celebrities, who succomb to drugs. Especially the perscription ones, because you know some medical idiots are abusing their license or being very stupid!!!

We have lost a lot of good actors and actresses this very way!
The yelling was because she thought she heard gun shots, it turned out to be a generator that had blown.

I'm so sad about it though, she was adorable!!!
Old 12-21-2009

awe, Fry already mentioned it.

I liked her in the little black book movie the most, and with Ashton Kutcher in Just Married.
Old 12-21-2009

That is very sad news indeed. I too am hoping it was natural causes, however, healthy people don't usually die at the age of 32 from heart attacts. There are lots of rumors circulating already, and I am not going to speculate any further. God bless you Brittany Murphy.
Old 12-21-2009
Member (100 to 500 posts)

Why do people always assume its drug related just becuase she was famous? And yes, healthy 32 year olds can die from heart attacks...it happens more than it should but is certainly possible. I couldn't believe it when I heard the news. She was a fantastic actress.
Old 12-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deanie View Post
Why do people always assume its drug related just becuase she was famous? And yes, healthy 32 year olds can die from heart attacks...it happens more than it should but is certainly possible. I couldn't believe it when I heard the news. She was a fantastic actress.
I never mentioned the word drugs! It could be from a number of things. All I am saying is that it is very rare for a young, fit, "Healthy" person to suddenly go into cardiac arrest. In almost all cass there are underlying contributing factors. I think you answered your own question A) She was famous, and B) If you take the last 5 or 6 years in Hollywood, and you look at how many actors under the age of 35 have died, 99.9% of them were drug related.

Last edited by T-Diddy; 12-21-2009 at 07:31 PM..
Old 12-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Diddy View Post
I never mentioned the word drugs! It could be from a number of things. All I am saying is that it is very rare for a young, fit, "Healthy" person to suddenly go into cardiac arrest. In almost all cass there are underlying contributing factors. I think you answered your own question A) She was famous, and B) If you take the last 5 or 6 years in Hollywood, and you look at how many actors under the age of 35 have died, 99.9% of them were drug related.

You didn't. Pumpkin did.
Old 12-21-2009
Member (< 100 posts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Diddy View Post
I think she deserves the benefit of the doubt though... any dead person does... she might be in the 0.01%

I think it's better to assume it was natural causes or accidental, unless proven otherwise.

Swine flu killed young healthy people recently... although I guess if it was swine flu in particular, it probably would have been mentioned by now.
Old 12-21-2009

UGH UGH UGH

I wasn't just saying drugs because she is a celebrity!! Where did I say that? HMMM? I am gonna start asking you people to prove all these things you seem to accuse me of a lot!! Oh and did I say UGH!!!!!

----------------

I have been following Perez Hilton's website. I do every day! THAT is where I am getting my info to base MY opinions on. GO READ it then you will understand where I am getting the info to base my opinions on.

www. perzehilton.com

There ya go!!!! Oh even better here ya go, the whole list of lil articles on her alone. Have a great read!!!!

http://perezhilton.com/category/brittany-murphy

When she was found, they found A LOT of perscription drugs in her home yet NO ILLEGAL DRUGS!!!!! So, if you ask me it was no doubt the G D Perscription meds that the hollywood doctors like to hand out like candy!!!

As someone else mention as well as common sense will tell you, MOST 32 year olds, don't die from heart failure unless there us an underlying problem!!!!

Time will tell won't it!!

Last edited by puppyluv; 12-23-2009 at 12:54 PM..
Old 12-21-2009

I'm sorry but this whole post is just rude. And as for basing your opinions on Perez Hilton??!! I think you better find a new source...I doubt he's the most reliable source in Hollywood. Nevertheless Brittany Murphy, RIP you were a fantastic actress and a joy to watch.

Quote:
UGH UGH UGH

I wasn't just saying drugs because she is a celebrity!! Where did I say that? HMMM? I am gonna start asking you people to prove all these things you seem to accuse me of a lot!! Oh and did I say UGH!!!!!

----------------

I have been following Perez Hilton's website. I do every damn day! THAT is where I am getting my info to base MY opinions on. GO READ it then you will understand where I am getting the info to base my opinions on.

www. perzehilton.com

There ya go!!!! Oh even better here ya go, the whole list of lil articles on her alone. Have a great read!!!!

http://perezhilton.com/category/brittany-murphy

When she was found, they found A LOT of perscription drugs in her home yet NO ILLEGAL DRUGS!!!!! So, if you ask me it was no doubt the G D Perscription meds that the hollywood doctors like to hand out like candy!!!

As someone else mention as well as common sense will tell you, MOST 32 year olds, don't die from heart failure unless there us an underlying problem!!!!

Time will tell won't it!!
Old 12-21-2009

Yea well people say you can't believe ATV, 88.9, Global and so on, so what is the differnce there hun!!!

Anyways, if you want to believe it or not Entertainment Tonight or whatever they call it now, just released the autopsy report saying it was natural causes.

They also mentioned the many perscription drugs found in her home and they also mentioned that she was type 2 diabetic. So there you have it, all of those things could have contributed to her death.

My post wasn't meant to sound rude. You people read things the wrong way and accuse me of things that are not true just because you read it differently than it is written. her passing is very sad as I said in my first post and I never meant it to be taken as an insult. It seems every time I comment on a passing I am accused of being cruel. I am tired of being labelled on here as such!!
Old 12-21-2009
**Silver-Level** Paid Account

They need to pass a law in the US about doctors who over prescribe, if they start getting prosecuted if their patients die from what they prescribed, they might be a little tighter with the scrip pad.
Old 12-22-2009

Quote:
I wasn't just saying drugs because she is a celebrity!! Where did I say that? HMMM? I am gonna start asking you people to prove all these things you seem to accuse me of a lot!!
Quote:
Quote:
I know eh!! Very sad! I assume it was drug related, be it perscription or otherwise.

In those 3 paragraphs you are assuming it was drugs.

Quote:
I have been following Perez Hilton's website. I do every damn day! THAT is where I am getting my info to base MY opinions on
Perez Hilton is far from an authority. He got his fame by crying over people making fun of Britney Spears. Since then he's been spreading gossip about celebrities on his blog. He is far from a doctor. And I am quite sure he has no inside information. Once the autopsy is done then you will know the truth. Maybe it was. But until it's medically confirmed why spread rumors?
Old 12-22-2009
Member (< 100 posts)

Quote:
Yea well people say you can't believe ATV, 88.9, Global and so on, so what is the differnce there hun!!!
A site like TMZ at least has some kind of verifications behind it... it's sort of journalism, even though it's low-level tabloid journalism.

But Perez Hilton is just a crude, vulgar gossiper. Look at the way he draws vulgar images and comments on photos.

Over the past 2 years, he had posted 20+ posts insulting and attacking Brittany Murphy. I read about the controversy about that the other day, so I went to his site to see, and I was surpised how mean he was.

He has removed most of those posts now, but they were still there the first couple of days after she had died.

I'm sure that contributed to any stress Brittany Murphy felt, because of how Perez Hilton (sadly) influences millions of people.

The stuff you wrote is really just Perez Hilton speaking through you, because his views influenced you, maybe just subconsciously. Like the hollering thing... he made fun of her about it, and so it got remembered as being "off".

Even if anything he says is true, the problem is that he's a troublemaking parasite. He simply makes situations worse by how he attacks people.

Last edited by frylock; 12-22-2009 at 01:18 PM..
Old 12-23-2009

The all important Tox. Reports won't be back for well over a month. I had wondered about her weight loss. She just didn't look well, imo.