Woohooo! Carpooling & Gas Prices

i SJ: Saint John, New Brunswick  Shopping, Classifieds, Jobs, Real Estate & Rentals, Discussion, Deals, Flyers, + more!

Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online!
Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online! See all recent posts Post a new ad / message Enhanced Features  Helpdesk
Business Advertising Sign-Up (Free!) Search
iSaintJohn Home Forums Home Contact Us Site Rules Terms of Use Privacy Statement

Visit the upgraded front page of iSJ for more info!

Free Saint John Visitor's Guide

Search the web:

Go Back   Saint John Classifieds & Forums > Automotive & Boat Classifieds > Carpooling & Gas Prices

Old 07-23-2008
Long-Time Member (500+ posts)

Default Topic: Woohooo!

Woohooo!

Gas is supposed to be going down up to 9 cents over night, if it even happens..... Better take vacation NOW!!!! LoL
Old 07-23-2008

Unless your vacation costs $5 or you fill up daily. It isn't that much of a savings.

But still good
Old 07-23-2008
Member (100 to 500 posts)

Well if I could save 5 dollars a day on gas I would rather the $1825.00 a year be in my pocket than the governments
Old 07-23-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen View Post
Well if I could save 5 dollars a day on gas I would rather the $1825.00 a year be in my pocket than the governments
It would only be that if you filled your gas tank daily which I am sure that most do not. So the savings are pretty small.
Old 07-23-2008

Understood, but, was commenting on kaj27 post. So everyday would be a big savings, I think that a 9 cent drop is a lot if it happens.
Old 07-23-2008

I am not sure what cars are but if it was 50litres to fill your car it would $4.50 saving. I fill mine once a week so even over a year it is only $234 for a whole year. Glad it is going down but its barely even enough to notice.
Old 07-23-2008

Well lets not complain about gas going down.. just be happy that it is!
Old 07-24-2008

Location: RIP alex march 1969-august 2007, always missing you little brother-RIP china.

anyone know if the gas dropped?
Old 07-24-2008
*Basic-Level* Paid Account

Old 07-24-2008
Member (< 100 posts)

Gas Drop

Yep, the Dolan Street Irving price has dropped this morning...
Old 07-24-2008

Location: RIP alex march 1969-august 2007, always missing you little brother-RIP china.

thanks a ten cent drop was nice
Old 07-24-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleM View Post
It would only be that if you filled your gas tank daily which I am sure that most do not. So the savings are pretty small.
At least someone seems my logic

How much is diesel folks? I'm not in the province.
Old 07-24-2008

5 bucks is 5 bucks. Just because it's nothing to you, it may be a lot for someone else.
Old 07-24-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara View Post
5 bucks is 5 bucks. Just because it's nothing to you, it may be a lot for someone else.
To who? you can't even get a $5 meal at crapdonald's.

If you can't afford the fuel, then you shouldn't be driving.
Old 07-24-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaj27 View Post
That's a silly statement.

If someone is just barely making ends meet, then $5 is indeed $5, and it's helpful.

The real problem imho, is that many people who are barely making ends meet spend way too much on things like cigarettes, alcohol, coffee, or satellite/cable TV packages
Old 07-24-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange View Post
That's a silly statement.

If someone is just barely making ends meet, then $5 is indeed $5, and it's helpful.

The real problem imho, is that many people who are barely making ends meet spend way too much on things like cigarettes, alcohol, coffee, or satellite/cable TV packages
Why is it a silly statment?

People think they need to have a vehicle. No one who lives within the city limits needs a vehicle. I don't. But I can afford it.
Old 07-24-2008
**Bronze-Level** Paid Account

Hate to burst the bubble but what normally happens when gas drops? It increases tenfold the next time it goes up. Hopefully it is a sign of a steady decline and OPEC's attempt to get a handle on things. Here's to wishful thinking.

Here's some food for thought:

Last edited by rhiley_08j; 07-24-2008 at 07:50 PM..
Old 07-24-2008

Nice! Info!
Old 07-25-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaj27 View Post
To who? you can't even get a $5 meal at crapdonald's.

That is a really dumb statement. No one wants to pay the price we have been, whether they can afford it or not. You have got to be the first person I know of that has the money to buy a vehicle but does not want or need one. Obviously you live a very restricted and dull life. There must not be any vacations or travelling in your budget then, or you would have a car and would need one. Looks like you may have never left the city limits. Cars equal freedom to travel. freedom to do any type of shift work, no waiting or depending on others or waiting for buses or taxis. I will pay the price of gas before I become house bound or dependent on bumming drives. Just my opinion.
Old 07-25-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradorna View Post
That is a really dumb statement. No one wants to pay the price we have been, whether they can afford it or not. You have got to be the first person I know of that has the money to buy a vehicle but does not want or need one. Obviously you live a very restricted and dull life. There must not be any vacations or travelling in your budget then, or you would have a car and would need one. Looks like you may have never left the city limits. Cars equal freedom to travel. freedom to do any type of shift work, no waiting or depending on others or waiting for buses or taxis. I will pay the price of gas before I become house bound or dependent on bumming drives. Just my opinion.
Great post, LOL

Because, I'm not even in the province. I usually take about 6-8 trips a summer. On one right now Nice try though.

You sound like a person that thinks driving is a right, guess what. It isn't.