Cat Missing in Barsa Subdivision Lost & Found

i SJ: Saint John, New Brunswick  Shopping, Classifieds, Jobs, Real Estate & Rentals, Discussion, Deals, Flyers, + more!

Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online!
Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online! See all recent posts Post a new ad / message Enhanced Features  Helpdesk
Business Advertising Sign-Up (Free!) Search
iSaintJohn Home Forums Home Contact Us Site Rules Terms of Use Privacy Statement

Visit the upgraded front page of iSJ for more info!

Free Saint John Visitor's Guide

Search the web:

Go Back   Saint John Classifieds & Forums > Announcements > Lost & Found

Old 03-23-2010

Default Topic: Cat Missing in Barsa Subdivision

Cat Missing in Barsa Subdivision

Our kitty "Radar" went missing in Barsa Subdivision (Dolan Road area) in Rothesay on Saturday night.

If anyone has seen him, please let us know at 849-2692 he's the beloved pet of a 4 year old Autistic boy.

Old 03-23-2010
Member (100 to 500 posts)

Aw, I hope you find him. He is beautiful.
Old 03-24-2010
Long-Time Member (500+ posts)

Have you found your beautiful baby yet? Hope he is just on a hunting spree and will return soon. Cats are such a worry. Please Mrs B let us know when he comes home. bad cat.
Old 03-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by inuit View Post
Have you found your beautiful baby yet? Hope he is just on a hunting spree and will return soon. Cats are such a worry. Please Mrs B let us know when he comes home. bad cat.
If he is, I hope he is the hunter and not the hunted....funny he went from a busy road where he would dodge traffic to an area now where he has to dodge wild canids. (we've seen a fox and possibly a coyote).

Funny thing is though my son is so wound up in playing Mario Kart WII online that he hasn't even noticed the cat missing.....hope he manages to be safe and make it home before I have to explain it to my son.
Old 03-24-2010

Yes, I'll keep my fingers crossed that your baby comes home safe and sound. One of my little toms went away for 7 days once. Just when I figured he was dead, he came in through the cat door squalling for food.
Old 04-01-2010

Any sign of your beautiful puss, Mrs. B.?
Old 04-02-2010

No, I fear he has succumbed to be coyote bait, unfortunately!

My son (gotta love the innocence) says he's on kitty vacation!!
Old 04-02-2010

Awww, that's so sad. Hopefully he never remembers he wants the cat to come back home. It's easier for him this way.

I am so sorry for your loss Mrs. B. I know how it feels. He was beautiful. ((hugs))

I lost 6 to either coyotes or the evil neighbour who used to take cats and drop them off in another town so I will never know if mt cats are dead or been taken away somewhere. I can only hope they were taken by coyotes. That would have been a quick death for them. I can't bear the thought of them tossed out somewhere frightened and starving to death.
Old 04-02-2010

I am sorry to hear of your kitty's demise. My cats are house cats. I don't have that worry.
Old 04-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanne View Post
I am sorry to hear of your kitty's demise. My cats are house cats. I don't have that worry.
I'm with you "sanne"....I couldn't live with that worry.....All of my cats are indoor cats.
Old 04-02-2010

To each his own. But for the thousands of us who have ever spent countless hours on summer days watching a cat stalk a grasshopper , chase a butterfly or attack a stand of grass, could never confine a cat to the indoors. I have no problem with people who have indoor cats. It is just not something I would do. I had cats who live to be 13 and 15 respectivly. My cats now range in age from 6 to 14.

I worried about my kids too but never felt the need to imprison them either. And yep they got broken bones, scrapes, scratches and a dozen other mishaps but grew to be huge healthy young men.

Last edited by inuit; 04-03-2010 at 08:32 AM..
Old 04-03-2010

Sorry, I didn't mean to start anything, I was just stating a fact. I don't like to worry. I like my furkids close to me and in at night.
Old 04-03-2010

P.S. This is about the loss of a pet and to that I give my regards and hope that Mrs. Beasley is doing ok.
Old 04-03-2010

Yes sanne, you are right. We did start to get off track . This is about Mrs B losing her beloved pet and I am so sorry for her loss. All else is moot. All we can do is hope old bad cat comes home and if not Mrs. B.. please accept my sincere condolences on your loss.
Old 04-04-2010

Well we got a call tonight at 1:47 am from someone who felt that it couldn't wait. Apparently they think they may have found our cat near Highland Ave. How he would have got from Barsa Subdivision....across the Mackay Highway and way over there would remain a mystery.....

Of course.....now I can't sleep!!!

I guess it will have to wait until later in the morning.....Bummer I have to work and will not be able to see if it's actually him or not!!!
Old 04-04-2010

OMG, OMG, You must be beside yourself!!!! He must have been trying to get "home". His old home. I had to leave Hamlet where I used to live with my sons because he refused to stay at my new house. He went home through the woods twice and i was afraid if it happened too often he might run into a coyote.

Silly ole cat!! I do so hope the cat in question is your old bad one Mrs. B.
Old 04-04-2010

Good luck, Mrs. Beasley. I really hope that it is your boy.
Old 04-04-2010

I can't wait any longer. It is 10:30 Sunday morning. Have you seen said cat yet? Is it bad cat? I am dying to know. I am so so so hoping and wishing that it is.
Old 04-04-2010

Well, sorry to keep you in suspense.....I had to work today.....then off to Elgin for Family dinner......However after a two week ordeal......Radar (much thinner mind you) is finally HOME!!!!!!!! Safe and sound, he was found scratching at someones' patio door last night to come in will post pics tomorrow.

Now I'm going to curl up in bed with my boy I missed so much!!!
Old 04-04-2010

I am so relieved that you found your old bad bad cat. Do you think he was trying to get home? I know how it feels to have a lost cat back, You just love them that much more.