Kerosene Price throught the Roof Carpooling & Gas Prices

i SJ: Saint John, New Brunswick  Shopping, Classifieds, Jobs, Real Estate & Rentals, Discussion, Deals, Flyers, + more!

Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online!
Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online! See all recent posts Post a new ad / message Enhanced Features  Helpdesk
Business Advertising Sign-Up (Free!) Search
iSaintJohn Home Forums Home Contact Us Site Rules Terms of Use Privacy Statement

Visit the upgraded front page of iSJ for more info!

Free Saint John Visitor's Guide

Search the web:

Go Back   Saint John Classifieds & Forums > Automotive & Boat Classifieds > Carpooling & Gas Prices

Old 12-07-2008
Long-Time Member (500+ posts)

Unhappy Topic: Kerosene Price throught the Roof

Kerosene Price throught the Roof

I went out last night to buy 5 gallons (20 liters) of kerosene for my kerosene heater. It cost $90.39. I couldn't beleive it. I had bought 4 tubs of kerosene in October for $35.00 each. I can't believe the price has gone up so much especially when the price of gas has gone down so much. Guess I will try #1 grade diesel fuel in the heater.
Old 12-07-2008

Default Topic: Kerosene Price throught the Roof

Yeah K1 has gone waaaay up.

Where did you get it at? The stuff at hardware stores tends to burn better than the stuff from Gas Stations.

D1 Should work too.
Old 12-08-2008

I have bought my kerosene at either Doland Rd Irving or Quispam Irving for the last 6 years. When I lived in St. George, I used to buy it via pump in Calais Me. The stuff from the pump was an orange colour and was a bit more smelly. The small containers at the store are unreasonable costly. I will let you know how D1 works. Once this 20 liters runs out I will try it. Gotta be cheaper than K1.
Can't believe the price has more than doubled though.
Old 12-08-2008

Can you buy 20 liter containers of K1 at the hardware stores? Is there anywhere to buy kerosene in bulk in or around the city?
Old 12-08-2008

I think you can only get 4L jugs at places like Kent. But maybe they can order something larger?
Old 12-08-2008

I buy my Kerosene from Canadian Tire, 9.8L is around $20 give or take all depends on prices of crude i guess, and Home hardware on Loch Lomond Rd, 20L for around $40 a can, haven't bought any in couple of months so don't quote me on price, I stocked up before prices went up and down.
Old 12-09-2008

Yeah NoseToThe, I stocked up this fall when the prices were down too. I just ran out a couple of days ago and had to buy more. Talk about sticker shock!!! I will check out HH and have a look at ct. Thank you very much for the info.
Too bad you couldn't buy it in bulk and not have to pay for the bucket.
Old 12-09-2008

Kaj27, no the diesel didn't work. I mean it burned but it smoked so badly on start up that I had to open the door and it made me cough. So I guess I'll have to buy kerosene.
Old 12-10-2008

Thank you Nosetothegrind, thank you thank you. Because of what you said on here, I stopped in at HH on the way home today to see if they still sold 20 liter jugs of kerosene. OMG, they did and for 48.99 per jug. I bought all three cans they had and when I got home I called Hampton hh and west side HH. They were all out. I called HH in Grand Bay and they had 6 cans left. I returned my jug of kero to Irving and got a refund then I drove up there and bought 4 cans for 48.99 each. The guy there said when they get their new shipment, the price will go up. So if you need some, better get it now. I keep all my kero locked in my shed, too expensive to sit on my patio anymore. Again thank you Nosetothegrind.
Old 12-11-2008

You are so welcome, glad i could help, Im heading to Grand Bay HH today for the other 2...(if their not gone already)...LOL
Old 12-11-2008

There is a shipment coming in at the HH in Hampton at the same price. That's what their service desk told me yesterday. You could call them and have them hold some for you. They offered to do that for me yesterday but I wanted to find some then and not wait. I think she said they were expecting a shipment either today or saturdaybut I'm not real sure on that. I hope you find some at that price now that I've bought 6 cans yesterday.