Cat gone wandering, Seaside Park area Lost & Found

i SJ: Saint John, New Brunswick  Shopping, Classifieds, Jobs, Real Estate & Rentals, Discussion, Deals, Flyers, + more!

Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online!
Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online! See all recent posts Post a new ad / message Enhanced Features  Helpdesk
Business Advertising Sign-Up (Free!) Search
iSaintJohn Home Forums Home Contact Us Site Rules Terms of Use Privacy Statement

Visit the upgraded front page of iSJ for more info!

Free Saint John Visitor's Guide

Search the web:

Go Back   Saint John Classifieds & Forums > Announcements > Lost & Found

Old 03-07-2010
**Silver-Level** Paid Account

Default Topic: Cat gone wandering, Seaside Park area

Cat gone wandering, Seaside Park area

I forgot and left the window open last night and went to work, just came back now and found neither cat had been seen all day. One is in now but the other one is usually right on his heels in the house, so I'm worried because he's not an outdoor cat (guess he got curious about what was out there) and we've only had him since Christmas. He's large, black, long-haired with a very long tail and yellow eyes, no collar. Answers (sort of) to Shadow.

I'm probably jumping the gun and he's just off enjoying the warm day somewhere, but I'm going right to bed for the day (with the window open again) so I don't want to assume he will just come back on his own, the other guy came right away when we called but Shadow hasn't and they are always right around each other, you hardly see one without the other except when we separate them when they get too wild.

Last edited by trinity; 03-07-2010 at 06:29 PM..
Old 03-07-2010

He's back, just came in now screaming his fool head off so loudly it woke me up and trust me, that takes some doing, especially after 31 consecutive hrs of being awake. He's now stuffing his face as fast as he can eat with extra rations of soft food. Bet he won't be so quick to try an open window any time soon.

Last edited by trinity; 03-07-2010 at 06:36 PM..
Old 03-07-2010
Long-Time Member (500+ posts)

Awesome to hear Trinity....it's scarey when they take off and you can't protect them.
Old 03-08-2010

I'm going to get him a collar ASAP, as this could easily happen again, as nice weather hits I often leave the window open . I don't usually leave it open when I leave for work, but obviously this time I forgot. Normally I am only away from home for my 8 hrs at work but I left early last night to do some grocery shopping before work,then I went right from work to Rhodas for another 7-8 hrs. Someone shut the window after I left last night, not noticing that the cats weren't around. One cat is street-smart, he is an outdoor cat so he knows his way around, but Shadow isn't. He was always terrified of the outside, one night he ventured out on the back deck while I was taking out the trash but he wasn't long flying back in the door again, and after that he would run away from the open door. Funny they didn't stay together outdoors, inside they are like two strips of Velcro, always sticking together.

Last edited by trinity; 03-08-2010 at 01:29 AM..
Old 03-08-2010
Long-Time Member (500+ posts)

If you do get a collar write on the collar with a permanent marker your number and name in case you don't have a tag and I would suggest a Reflective collar, so that if he ever does get out again, especially at night he can be seen with a flashlight or cars can see him from far away, that was the only reason I found my cat that was missing for a month and a half. Hopefully you won't have to worry about him getting out again, Take care.

Vix