Boil Order in effect Local Topics

i SJ: Saint John, New Brunswick  Shopping, Classifieds, Jobs, Real Estate & Rentals, Discussion, Deals, Flyers, + more!

Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online!
Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online! See all recent posts Post a new ad / message Enhanced Features  Helpdesk
Business Advertising Sign-Up (Free!) Search
iSaintJohn Home Forums Home Contact Us Site Rules Terms of Use Privacy Statement

Visit the upgraded front page of iSJ for more info!

Free Saint John Visitor's Guide

Search the web:

Go Back   Saint John Classifieds & Forums > General & Local Discussion > Local Topics

Old 10-07-2010

Default Topic: Boil Order in effect

Boil Order in effect

The City of Saint John has issued a boil water order for all areas of the City east of the Reversing Falls Bridge.

The order indicates it is fine to wash hands, do dishes etc. as long as you are using soap and warm/hot water. T

At this time I do not know how long the boil order will be in effect but estimate a minimum of 3-4 days.
Old 10-07-2010
Long-Time Member (500+ posts)

This is getting ridiculous!
Old 10-07-2010
**Silver-Level** Paid Account

I know it says it does not affect the west side where I live, but when I turned on the water this morning to shower, I smelled the chlorine like I was at the Aquatic Center and my first thought was "it hasn't smelled like this since the boil order last year". Then I got out of the shower and read my email alert. 4 hrs after my shower and my eyes are still itching.
Old 10-07-2010

Anyone else enjoy the wake up call at 2:30AM?

I figured that by leaving my phone number on the new emergency alert system that they city would simply leave a voice mail on my phone...
Nope they called and woke everyone up at 2:30AM.
Excellent time to call...

I also live on the west side and I'm not sure why the city thought it would be a good idea to alert me of a boil order on the east side...

My phone number is no longer on the emergency alert system...Emails only now.
Old 10-08-2010

The put the boil order on because the water was cloudy as precaution.

Dan I think I would b calling them with my concern over that 2:30 am call.
Old 10-08-2010

Boil order to remain in effect until at least Sunday
SAINT JOHN, NB - The current boil water order that's in place in Saint John will be in effect throughout the Thanksgiving weekend. The order went into effect overnight and was issued for all residents east of the Reversing Falls Bridge.
Old 10-08-2010

puppyluv I made sure to call City Hall :P
Old 10-08-2010

Ya 2:30 was a bit rude! I changed the number to my cel. Now I can get the message when I turn it on in the am.