Going to Bangor? Travel & Tourism

i SJ: Saint John, New Brunswick  Shopping, Classifieds, Jobs, Real Estate & Rentals, Discussion, Deals, Flyers, + more!

Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online!
Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online! See all recent posts Post a new ad / message Enhanced Features  Helpdesk
Business Advertising Sign-Up (Free!) Search
iSaintJohn Home Forums Home Contact Us Site Rules Terms of Use Privacy Statement

Visit the upgraded front page of iSJ for more info!

Free Saint John Visitor's Guide

Search the web:

Go Back   Saint John Classifieds & Forums > Other Discussion > Travel & Tourism

Old 11-07-2007
Member (100 to 500 posts)

Default Topic: Going to Bangor?

Going to Bangor?

Just to let anyone who may be traveling to bangor in the next little while DO NOT stay at the Travelodge!!! What was exspected to be a nice all girls shopping trip for the weekend turned out to be an adventure let me tell ya! The room we were rented was not cleaned before we got there..well it was sort of maybe I should have said it was not thouroughly cleaned! there was chips on the floor, the ceiling leaked, the bath tub nor sink were cleaned and they would not drain, there were silverfish in the bathroom, the box springs were stapled together at the bottom and the roll of toilet paper that was left for us to use was once wet and then dried! the list could go on but I think you get my point!! just warning you in advance and oh if you are taking more then 2 people make sure ya bring your own towels and faceclothes as they seem to be on a shortage LOL with all the Canadians going down there!!
Old 11-09-2007

Christmas1month.... I have pics on my phone that would scare anybody...
Old 11-09-2007

OMG thats awful and how disapointing to arrive to that! We are going in 2 weeks but are staying at a hotel we stayed at before thank goodness!
Old 11-09-2007

we planned on staying at a different one too... we normally stay at the Holiday in or the Fairfield in but we decided with the storm that was going through last weekend we would drive as far as Bangor that night instead of staying the extra night in Portland...never again will we go without a reservation!!!
Old 11-09-2007

Travel Lodge is a dump !!! Dirty like badness said ,blankets on bed had holes in them ,Some of the rooms ,I am sure or hope they weren't renting them didn't even have door knobs looked like they were kicked in ,filthy filthy place ,will never stay there again,we complained through email lol they sent a voucher for our next stay lmao AS IF!!! If it was free I wouldn't stay there
Old 11-09-2007
Member (< 100 posts)

Bangor

OMG: I have reservations at that motel for their long weekend. Yuck Just what I wanted to hear. I booked it through Expedia. Yuck I wish I could get out of it, but I will loose money if I cancel my reservations, and there is probably nothing else availabe..
Old 11-10-2007

sorry that we were the bearer of bad news... complaining to the hotel themselves is usless as well as they are just young people who work at te desk and all they can say is I don't make the rules I just work here... I am writing a letter to the dept of health down there to se what can be done. I sure know here it wouldn't be dealt with lightly and it shouldn't be down there either.
Old 11-12-2007

to evry1 that might be needing a hotel in bangor there is a nice place in veazie 10 min drive from the bangor mall very nice called stucco lodge it is on state street
Old 11-12-2007

Send a message via MSN to mike_d

Isn't the name Travelodge, owned by Wyndam Worldwide, so if they got enough complaints about one hotel/motel, couldn't they make them fix it up, or they will have to lose the Travelodge name? Last time I worked for Cendant each hotel had a star rating and if it had a below average rating and/or alot of problems, I thought they would lose their affiliation with Travelodge.
Old 11-12-2007

Travel Lodge

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_d View Post
Isn't the name Travelodge, owned by Wyndam Worldwide, so if they got enough complaints about one hotel/motel, couldn't they make them fix it up, or they will have to lose the Travelodge name? Last time I worked for Cendant each hotel had a star rating and if it had a below average rating and/or alot of problems, I thought they would lose their affiliation with Travelodge.
I complained to the Wyndam as well about the conditions of this hotel .They were suppose to look into it ,my god I cannot believe that this place is allowed to stay open !It is unbelievable honestly ,soooooooooo dirty .
Old 11-12-2007
**Bronze-Level** Paid Account

anyone stay at the Coachman Inn next to Kittery?? Looking for comments on their stay. Is it clean??
Old 11-12-2007

When we complained about the hotel she basically told us there was nothing they could do, that we could have left through the night. I have pictures of the room that I am going to post as soon as I get a usb cord for my phone
Old 01-25-2008
Member (< 100 posts)

Motel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawm View Post
anyone stay at the Coachman Inn next to Kittery?? Looking for comments on their stay. Is it clean??
HOTEL IN KITTEY IS GREAT PLACE
Old 01-25-2008
**Silver-Level** Paid Account

I too had the same experience at the Travelodge, and calling the 1-800 number and emailing did NOTHING. I will never go back. Dirty room, "free" breakfast was lousy, the light switch to turn off the light also turned off the alarm clock...