Octo-Mom Arts & Entertainment

i SJ: Saint John, New Brunswick  Shopping, Classifieds, Jobs, Real Estate & Rentals, Discussion, Deals, Flyers, + more!

Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online!
Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online! See all recent posts Post a new ad / message Enhanced Features  Helpdesk
Business Advertising Sign-Up (Free!) Search
iSaintJohn Home Forums Home Contact Us Site Rules Terms of Use Privacy Statement

Visit the upgraded front page of iSJ for more info!

Free Saint John Visitor's Guide

Search the web:

Go Back   Saint John Classifieds & Forums > Other Discussion > Arts & Entertainment

Old 08-19-2009
Long-Time Member (500+ posts)

Default Topic: Octo-Mom

Octo-Mom

Anyone watch the special on Fox? Thoughts?
Old 08-20-2009
Member (100 to 500 posts)

What is Octo-Mom?
Old 08-20-2009

Wow, you have never heard of Octo-Mom?

Octo-Mom was the name coined for Nadya Suelman, the single mother of 14 children. She just had herself a bundle of 8 babies all at once.

There was a 2hr long special on her and her kids lastnight and it was a mess. I don't know who put the documentary together but they did a very poor job. Not only that but they are all bat **** crazy! I do feel bad for her in a lot of ways but I still think she's nuts!
Old 08-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin View Post
She just had herself a bundle of 8 babies all at once.
EEEEEEKKKKK! lol
Old 08-21-2009

I watched it and It was interesting to see how calm she could stay, considering the kids were a bit unruly. The little curly haired boy they showed the most was really bad IMO. He even slapped her in the face, then another one barely 3 called her a b****. She asked for alot of kids and boy did she get them. I think if I was her I would be either running away from home or looking for a very tall building to jump off. Wow I could never do it!!!!!! By the way someone should tell her to get a trained cameraman next time. It was terrible filming.
Old 08-21-2009

I watched about an hour of it. I thought it was funny that she was talking about keeping them away from her neighbours and that kind of thing for their protection yet she is putting them on national T.V! Just didn't make any sense to me.
Old 08-21-2009

i saw it .. i though she was quite well spoken and i didnt realize that she was either in medical or gave up the chance to goto medical school (cant recall exactly which one ) to have these children ... it seems to me that alot of people have misconceptions about her and her reasons for having or wanting to have so many and alot of people are quick to judge her .. i say let her be and let time tell the story
Old 08-21-2009

I know!! I couldn't beleive how calm she is. But I think it has to do with the fact that she's not all there in the head!!!

And the one that slapped her in the face, Caleb, was the same one that called her a ***** 3 times. He has obviously heard that word, in that tense, spoken many times or he wouldn't be repeating it. Because when he said it sounded like an adult saying it to another adult. It didn't sound like a child saying it, there was real feeling behind that. I could see him repeating a bad word, but if you could hear his voice and see his face, he was mad, and the word was also very MAD!

Lilly I agree. She contradicts herself ALOT! And I mean ALOT!

I do feel bad for her. You are right Thrasher, I think a lot of people look down on her and for the wrong reasons. This is why I wanted to watch it, to see if I could get a clearer picture of her that what the tabloids show. She obviously knew about this, watched it before it was released, so I figured if anything this is where it will come from....

I think a lot of people may have been under the impression I was. That she had 6 babies, then got preganant puposely for 8 more. She wasn't actually expecting to have 8 children come from the last of her frozen sperm or embryos or whatever it was. I was completely taken back that her doctor would allow her to be impregnated with 8 babies after already having gone there for 6 prior to that. So now I relaize, that 8 were not actually the plan. She was thinking ONE more, not 8. But, what kind of doctor allows a single mom with no job to have 6 children in the first place!!??? You still kind have to wonder!!

I kind of want to give her credit, because who in their right mind would keep 8 babies after already having 6 before. Especially since the extra 7 were a suprise!! Then in another sense, you kinda feel like someone should take them, because she's alone, with 14 children and there already has been MANY issues. Kids going missing, child services are called every time you turn around, etc etc. There are many people who can't have babies, and she has to many to be a single mom with no job. How will she ever afford to go to school to get a doctorate, if she's paying for that and a sitter for 14 kids. And I'm sorry, what guy in his right mind, is going to want a woman with 14 children to support. I have a feeling she will be alone in this for the long run. Her parents can only do so much. She has already lost them a house and they spend all their money on their grand-children. So it goes both ways for me I guess. Im stuck in the middle for now.

Thrasher, she did speak very well, at times. She seems like she is a very deep thinker and very philosophical. She seems like she is probably a very nice girl, she is very calm mannered and I like that. But, she obviously has some mental issues stemming from somewhere that have caused her to make bad decisions and cloud her judgement. It happens to us all, but she has lives in the balance of her equation, which makes this situation much more deeper.. She admits she didn't think it through properly until it was too late but she will not apologize she will just keep going and do what she can fo her children!

And so for now, I have to give Nadya Suelman a pat on the back. I had a hard time watching all those kids on tv let alone if I had to do it in real life. I don't agree with a lot of what has happened in her life with these children, but she is trying to be responsible for her actions and if she's trying her hardest, that is all anyone can ask her to do. I hope all goes well for her and her many children and it will be very interesting to see where they are a year or two from now!!

I am amazed at her shape after being the size she was. Did you see her naked belly when she was pregnant? Oh my!!! That poor girl, I don't know how she walked around!!

Last edited by Pumpkin; 08-21-2009 at 12:32 PM..
Old 08-21-2009

Pumpkin im not sure that i agree with a few things you are saying ... for instance when u say you were taken back by the doctor who "allowed" her to have more children when she already had 6 .... in my mind thats quite similiar to saying it would be ok for the government to stop someone from having children due to financial reasons ...although i will agree it is a huge factor i also think by doing so is not right ... as for her "living in the balance of her own equation " what would you say to a deeply religious catholic that has children and after 5 or 6 continues to have more ... is this living within her own equation or would this be just a very strong belief ??? i ask this because my grandmother gave birth to 21 kids (no multiples ) ... i guess it all boils down to perspective and peoples opinions of which i think the latter will not influence the decisions that Nadya makes for herself and her family
Old 08-21-2009

Well you may not agree with me and that is fine. To each their own.

And I don't know if I can quite answer properly when you asked my thoughts on the deeply religious woman because I am not quite understanding what you are talking about or where you are going with saying "living in the balance of her own equation". I'm philosophical at times but not quite that philosophical.

I just don't think a woman, religious or not religious,who is not financially prepared to have a big family, should be going out and having 6 children let alone 14. I think it's very selfish!! You are not thinking of the children's furture, only your own wants and needs.

And I can't help but also find the doctor selfish, who fertilizes a woman, he knows already has 6 at home from 5 previous invitros, has had no job during the 5 years she has had those children and has no other physical, or financial contributer in the family! What kind of life will those children have? They were obviously not thinking from the children's aspects, only their own. "How much am I getting paid?" "Oh I am getting my big family." Didn't she ever stop to ask the question, "How the hell am I gonna support all these kids alone?" Didn't the thought cross the doctors mind, "How is she gonna support all these kids alone?" Or what about how will I or she be able to care for that many children alone?

She knew she wanted a large family being an only child herself, so she should have been going out and working in between having her children so she could support them. OR, she should have been going to get her doctorate like she "says" she started.

Do you thinks it's fair to the children, of a woman who goes out and gets herself pregnant enough to have 6 children, having no job to support them and no other contributer in the family?

I don't. And that's just how "I" feel about it.

I have nothing against a person having a large family. There is nothing wrong with having a large family, if you have the means to support it.

Again, she made her bed, and she is willing to lie in it. I have to give her a lil credit. She doesn't strike me as being a stupid individual, she seems she could be quite intellingent. I hope she will figure things out right. I think she has her priorities mixed up and has had them mixed up. Hopefully things all work out well for her. I really do. The children need it!!

Last edited by Pumpkin; 08-21-2009 at 05:33 PM..
Old 08-21-2009

well i guess we will agree to disagree ... but i cant help but wonder about all the revenue the tabloids , doctors , baby care needs suppliers etc etc are seeing just by sheer association with "Octomom" ... wether it be negative or positive .... im quite sure they wont be feeling selfish
Old 08-22-2009

Yea, there are many people who will profit from her and that will get their 15 minutes of fame through her I am sure.
But, when she was about to give birth and when she gave birth. A LOT of baby product companies, etc, came forward and said publicly that they were not sending her freebies and they were not involved with her in any way.

She had a habit at one point of telling the media lies about people & companies supporting her and she even was lying saying all these companies were doing movies on her and that she had her own reality show, etc...But, everytime she would say anything, the company she claimed was doing whatever, would announce publicly, that they are in no way supporting, connected to, or helping nadya suelman & her octuplets.

I haven't even seen Oprah bring her on and hand her all kinds of freebies, and Oprah is the queen of giving out baby stuff to woman who are having mulitple children. I have seen her do it many times. But, I think that she had the mother of Nadya or her dad on instead.

A lot of people do not agree with what she has done. Even her parents do not agree and no doubt, she is taking them down with her and it won't be the first time. I feel bad for all of them, Nadya, the babies, the 6 older childen and Nadya's parents! I hope everything works out well so that when the children are older, they can enjoy being a BIG family with LOTS of love!! Because after all of the struglles that will come with it, that will be the most wonderful part. ALL the love there will be. But I don't think I'd wanna be around for the fights :P
Old 08-22-2009

Oh my ..not another fan of Oprah ... and i recall that her mother disagrees with her choice but her father in the documentary will fight tooth and nail so to speak for her to keep her children ... i can see these kids being or someone trying to exploit them which is sad ... looks like a possible Dionne situation brewing
Old 08-22-2009

OH NO, I am NOT an Oprah fan. lol No worries there. Nothing against Oprah, but I'd rather watch Ellen if I watch any of those types of shows at all, which I usually don't, she's funny as hell!!

Well I hope her dad will help her, because she definately needs help with those babies and her other 6 children! I actually read not long ago that the caleb, the one with the wonderful vocabulary, actually tried to stab or throw a butchers knife at the grandmother!! That child is going to need some serious psychological help.

It's hard for a child to have his needs met when there are 13 other children needing the same attention. That just too many, and all at once. She should have spanned those babies out more, not done one each year.

Like I said before I agree that a lot of people look down on poor Nadya and her family, but she really could have planned this out much better so it could have been safer, and healthier for her children.

Yes those children no doubt will be exploited.

Did you hear when she was talking about the nanny that kept going on about someone stealing her babies. Why wouldn't a certain type of woman want that baby, and why wouldn't this type of woman want that baby. Look you could easily fit a baby into a purse ...and then motioning to her purse. I don't blame that girl for getting cameras and firing Nannies that are like that. I would too, that would have freaked me out so bad she wouldn't have gotten back in my home!!

Last edited by Pumpkin; 08-22-2009 at 08:48 PM..