Travelling to Cuba Travel & Tourism

i SJ: Saint John, New Brunswick  Shopping, Classifieds, Jobs, Real Estate & Rentals, Discussion, Deals, Flyers, + more!

Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online!
Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online! See all recent posts Post a new ad / message Enhanced Features  Helpdesk
Business Advertising Sign-Up (Free!) Search
iSaintJohn Home Forums Home Contact Us Site Rules Terms of Use Privacy Statement

Visit the upgraded front page of iSJ for more info!

Free Saint John Visitor's Guide

Search the web:

Go Back   Saint John Classifieds & Forums > Other Discussion > Travel & Tourism

Old 02-08-2008
Member (100 to 500 posts)

Default Topic: Travelling to Cuba

Hey KET

Are you flying out of Fredericton by any chance? If so, you'll be on the same plane as my parents, brother and his girlfriend! Mom booked another trip recently (you'll recall we just went for New Years) They're staying in Jibacoa, about halfway between Verradero and Havana...

Hope you have a great trip!

s
Old 02-20-2008

Just got back yesterday. Loved Cuba and the people are amazingly friendly. A few Spanish words are helpful but not necessary. Weather was hot hot hot and we have great tans to show for it. The beach in Varadero is the best and the atmosphere in the toursit areas is very relaxed. We flew out of and into Moncton and that flight leaves at 2:00 am which means you have a whole other day to enjoy the place. Resort was not the worst or the best but food was decent and rooms were clean and comfortable. The day we left the college kids started showing up for Spring break, glad we went the week we did.

Would definately recommend this trip to anyone. The history and the culture are very interesting and even the two teenagers with us were never bored. We learned lots and had a great time.
Old 02-21-2008

Good to hear!

I'm glad you had a good trip. I'm waiting to get my t-4 and see if I'll be getting a nice refund...I'm thinking of surprising my son with a trip over Easter...That way he only misses 3-4 days of school. Mom also had a good trip, really enjoyed Jibacoa, she said the snokelling was great!

s