Cell Centres Question Jobs & Education

i SJ: Saint John, New Brunswick  Shopping, Classifieds, Jobs, Real Estate & Rentals, Discussion, Deals, Flyers, + more!

Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online!
Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online! See all recent posts Post a new ad / message Enhanced Features  Helpdesk
Business Advertising Sign-Up (Free!) Search
iSaintJohn Home Forums Home Contact Us Site Rules Terms of Use Privacy Statement

Visit the upgraded front page of iSJ for more info!

Free Saint John Visitor's Guide

Search the web:

Go Back   Saint John Classifieds & Forums > Other Discussion > Jobs & Education

Old 08-18-2007
Member (100 to 500 posts)

Default Topic: xerox

xerox

Was just wondering what kind of experience you need to work at xerox? I have heard a lot good things about working there. I am not a call center fan but i thought i might apply cause i heard that it is not like the others. Anyone know?
Old 08-18-2007

Hi, I am not sure what they look for for experience, but I can tell you that it is a great place to work. It isn't like the other call centers in the city...way more professional atmosphere. I know that they hire through all different agency's... Kelly's services..Ian Martin..Advantage ( I am not sure of others). So your best bet would be to apply through all. Good Luck!!!!
Old 08-18-2007
Member (< 100 posts)

Hi, my bf works at xerox and has been for the last 2 years its an awesome place to work,they pay good, you can expand with in the company very quickly and awesome benefits, if you can get in to work with them you would be set!!!!!!
Old 08-20-2007
Long-Time Member (500+ posts)

I worked at xerox for 3 weeks and it was the wprst three weeks of my life. There is my two cents worth...and avoid Kelly Services if you can, their rep does not pay much attention to the xerox employees. I would go with Ian Martin or any one else
Old 08-20-2007

Wink Topic: xerox

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksbeckaa View Post
I worked at xerox for 3 weeks and it was the wprst three weeks of my life. There is my two cents worth...and avoid Kelly Services if you can, their rep does not pay much attention to the xerox employees. I would go with Ian Martin or any one else

I work at xerox, and its not the worst place..lol...not even close. Just because your Rep wasn't around every second doesn't reflect on Xerox. Your not a xerox employee until they convert you.
You are working for the agency...not the company until Xerox wants you.
3 weeks is not giving a company a chance either.......
Its not kitty place to work at and they don't hold your hand evey step of the way. You can work at NCO or cendant and you will have some one who tells you how to do your job every day. I worked at Cendant for 4 years and NCO/RMH for a 1year.....So I can say that about those places.

Thats my 2 cents

Proud to be Xerox.
Old 08-20-2007

I find that everyone has their own opinion of which call centers are "not like the others" and which ones are good. I was not a call centre fan either but decided to give it a try but hated NCO, but some people I started with love it and I was told it "wasn't like the others". Now I'm at another call centre with people who came from Xerox but left it after a couple years because it wasn't a good place to work. I find the best thing to do is just try it and see for yourself because I've learned this summer that what may be someone's best job ever could very well be your worst nightmare and vice versa. Sorry to hijack the thread, just thought it may be helpful.
Old 08-21-2007

I work at Xerox and have for 6 years. ANd like others have said, for some people its great, for others not so much.
I find that I am a little more jaded after experiencing different process changes and switches in philosophy (which happens with all companies I'm sure). But I have stuck it out
The money while not great...isn't terrible to start out with either. Once you get converted from the staffing company to Xerox, then you get a slight bump, not to mention decent benefits, pension and rrsp options.

Its not for everyone, but its not the worst call center out there..definatly middle of the road.
It can be busy, and the customers can be difficult
Old 08-21-2007

My husband and I both work at Xerox and Love it.It is a great place to work and you are treated very good here. The benefits are really good here and you can move up the ladder fairly quickly, if that's what your looking to do.I have worked in a few call centers and none compare to this.I don't even consider it a call center.Hope this helps in making your decision.
Old 08-23-2007

As far as Xerox goes, it depends on where and what. Some groups seem to have it pretty good while others are swamped all the time..new products coming out..not enough people to handle the calls. Also, I know some people who have been at xerox for 19 months+ and still not converted. My team has lost 14 people in the last 2 months. And it always seems that way...hire some..lose more. All in all it is better than the other centers I've been at but still a "call Center".
Old 10-10-2007

I work at Xerox and I would have to say after working at 5 call centres, Xerox is definatly in the top 2!

They are a very professional company and expect as responsible adults that you will do your job correctly. Compared to other places they give you loads of freedom. No hovering over your shoulder to see if you are doing the job correctly. They allow you to use your own jugdment and the management is specatcular!!

I don't enjoy being employed by a contractor however. I don't like that there is no one for me to directly take to about pay issues at this office. However I will say any issues I have had Kelly's has been very prompt dealing with it. I hate the no paid sick time or vacation time, but I can deal with it to have a good job.
Old 10-23-2007

I worked at Xerox for a little over two years while I can't say that they are the worst employer I can say they definitely aren't the best. They say they pay competitive with the market but in actual fact they are no where close.

Yes once you are converted they do have great rrsp and retire and benefits but the key is once you get converted. I know people that have been there 2 years that still aren't converted.

In my opinion they do not care about their staff and all they care about are stats which(on the team that i was on) are set so unreasonably high they are almost impossible to reach.

For me it was a high stress job and was told by my doctor on 3 different occasions during my 2 year stay with them that he wanted to put me out of stress leave.

These again are my opinions and that is by far not all of them as to why I left that company.
Old 10-23-2007

Xerox

Do they have medical and dental plans (paid for by the company)?
Old 10-23-2007

Send a message via MSN to mike_d

yes they do, but I think it may be for xerox employees only I'm not sure. medical is 80% automatically covered, but you also get a $250 per year health spending account if your single, and $500 per year for family. Benefits are really good. I've worked for alot of call centers and Xerox is probably the most relaxed one i've worked at, you don't have daily or weekly meetings with your supervisor/manager, they dont watch over your shoulders and do weekly monitoring on your calls. As long as you are offering great customer service then they are happy. I just wish the pay was better. There is always a busy call volume as well.

Last edited by mike_d; 10-23-2007 at 11:21 AM..
Old 10-24-2007

yeah it is just for Xerox employees... not kellys.. I *think* you can purchase benefits through Kellys though if you a contract employee
Old 10-24-2007
Long-Time Member (500+ posts)

Yes and benefits are free with Xerox. You dont pay a rediculous amout to have minimal coverage. I work at Xerox as well.. and it is the BEST place i have ever worked. Stats on my team barely ever matter. Just as long as we do our jobs. We work together as a TEAM and these people are some of the best people i have ever worked with. The atmosphere is great, professional, and very comfortable. I have been here for 2 years and love it! I mean.. who likes talking to customers.. but Xerox customers are really not that bad. Especially compared to the other places!
I would Definately reccommend. Altho alot of the great benefits dont follow through until you are converted. But i was converted just before my 3 month mark!