Hell's Kitchen New Season already!!! Arts & Entertainment

i SJ: Saint John, New Brunswick  Shopping, Classifieds, Jobs, Real Estate & Rentals, Discussion, Deals, Flyers, + more!

Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online!
Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online! See all recent posts Post a new ad / message Enhanced Features  Helpdesk
Business Advertising Sign-Up (Free!) Search
iSaintJohn Home Forums Home Contact Us Site Rules Terms of Use Privacy Statement

Visit the upgraded front page of iSJ for more info!

Free Saint John Visitor's Guide

Search the web:

Go Back   Saint John Classifieds & Forums > Other Discussion > Arts & Entertainment

Old 08-10-2009
Long-Time Member (500+ posts)

Default Topic: Hell's Kitchen New Season already!!!

I'm on the fence about Robert. He did OK last year but I don't think he was anywhere near good enough to have won. He did make a lot of errors last year and Chef was yelling at him alot. I'm glad he got a chance to come back but it almost seems like he thinks he is owed something.

I was appauled last year when he called Lacey a fat pig. Pot calling kettle black maybe? I didn't think he was in any position to call anyone "fat".

What's with yelling at the other cooks. He is "one of them", not a better to them. With the sausage making, why did he not change places with the other guy instead of moaning about him. LOL
Old 08-12-2009

Oh no! Looks like Robert might be going home again!!

Wow the girls did really bad tonight!!! Yikes!! I don't see any of the girls shining yet. Suzanne gets on my last nerve I know though.

Kevin does well, he has really nice eyes. Dave does excellent especially considering he has a gimped up arm! Van also does well but he's not my favorite.
Old 08-12-2009

Hoo Yah, LOL What is with that Van dude? You'd swear he was in the Marines or something. Doesn't look good for big boy. Looks like Tennile is going to give some love back to Chef. LOL Looks good for next week.
Old 08-12-2009

Well Robert was diagnosed last year pericarditis, he clearly didn't try to reduce his weight. So if he goes home again, it should be a HUGE red flag.
Old 08-16-2009

Pericarditis is an inflamation of the pericardium (sack the heart sits in). It is one of the few heart diseases not related to obesity. It can and does occur in any age or weight group. Usually caused by an untreated infection elsewhere in the body. It can lead to an acute myocardial infarct (AMI) , cornary occlusion or other serious heart diseases.

It would be a shame to see this happen to Robert. He is such a young man.
Old 08-16-2009

His obesity isn't helping anything.

He's either in denial or just doesn't care. It's a shame really, he can cook. Guess we'll have to wait till Tuesday to see what happens.
Old 08-16-2009

Yeah, obesity is an epidemic in North America, United Kingdom and Australia. It is a disease though. Just saying stop eating isn't the answer.If weight loss were easy, there'd be no obesity. It has numerous underlying causes too though. Maybe this show will give Robert the selfconfidence he needs to help conquer whatever his demons may be and lead to a healthier lifestyle. He really is morbidly obese. I'd almost guess super morbidly obese. He must weigh close to 500 pounds.
Old 08-18-2009

While I don't agree it's a diease it is a epidemic. To me it can an issue with some people medically, others not so much. Look at the line ups at fast food drive thrus, peek at the carts in front of you at the grocery store. We're a victim of our own lazy nature. Again, I understand that people can and do have issues with weight medically and it's impossible no matter what the diet.

If you are watching Hell's Kitchen tonight, it's fairly obvious Robert's issue is food. He admitted it. He said he loves cooking with fat and butter. He takes "700 Calorie bites". It's a shame really.

He's also being rushed off to the hospital, again. Then again, they made him ride that weird bike. Not really something I would have suggested.

Eitherway,
Old 08-19-2009

I am lil peaved that they would have asked Robert to even participate in that. He should have been asked to stay behind and perform some crappy task while the rest went. They knew of his heart condition and I don't think they should have expected him to do what he did. Rediculous!! That probably could have been avoided.

BUT, having said that I also have to say if I haven't already, if he is that bad off medically then maybe he can't physically handle running a restaurant period until his health and weight are more under control. It is sad, Kaj is right, he can cook, but he needs to learn how to cook healthier. Too bad Chef Ramsey, wouldn't offer him some help in his weight loss in parting the show if he has to leave again. But, I wouldn't find it fair to allow him to come back a third time, especially if he hadn't lost any weight.

I cannot stand that Sue girl. Every freakin time she gives advice, it is BAD. Tenille went right off lol that was funny. Jp in his pink shirt at the beach lol He's so funny! And I dunno, I know Jim being gone is good, but Andy needs to go REAL soon. He THINKS he knows how to cook but I still can't figure out why he's still there. Though he no doubt can cook better than me so I am not criticising that way!

Anyways, I hope Robert makes out ok whatever happens!!
Old 08-19-2009

I thought it really sucked big time when they suggested Robert be sent home because he missed a service. Wasn't like he fell asleep and didn't bother coming to work. You are right, they should not have made him do the bike thing. That looked like big time physical exersion. Even without a previous heart problem, he was way too big and out of shape to be doing that. I'm surprised he didn't have a major AMI right there and then. The producers should have known better. The show is not worth someone's life.

I like tenelle, I think she is a good cook. I like her fire too. Nobody going to mess with that girl. LOL

Jim gone, good. I think he wa asleep on his feet most of the time anyway. Poor Andy is a real klutz.

Where do they get those people? Don't they have more than 20 people turn up for casting?
Old 08-19-2009

I think they pick people like Jim, Andy, Lacey, Colleen, soldier boy, to spice the show up. Ya know he's gonna holler at them or they'll do somethin stupid. :P

I noticed tequila girl flew low under the radar this week. I think her name is Amanda. She seems like such a nice girl, I like her smile, it makes me smile, but she is a bit dizzy or somethin. :P

No you're right I thought that was pretty dirty of the guys to do that to Roberts and Andy was the one who swung them thinking that way. He was a weasel for that. I don't care much for him at all. He is underhanded and won't admit to his sad services most of the time. He needs to go home. Jim seems like a real nice fella just he takes life way to slow to be a cook. Atleast that kind of a cook.
Old 08-26-2009

Wow, wasn't that a shock. Sending Robert home. I thought Andy would go but no. I want to see Suzanne (I think that's her name) go next. She is a know it all and is usually wrong.
Old 08-27-2009

I think that was a kick in cahonies to Robert. I know he messed up pretty bad, cuz i think he sent raw rabit with fur still on it or something??? but to lose to Andy, that was where it had to hurt!!!!

I am gonna miss Robert. I was rooting for him! I agree inuit!! I hope Suzanne goes home too, you are exactly right she is a know it all and everytime she tell someone what to do, they screw up. But Andy needs to go too. BAD! I think he's a lil weasel and I don't like him at all plus he is sinking the boys team and with Robert gone now, they are screwed with him left!!!
Old 08-27-2009

Somehow the chaff blows in the wind unless they do like they did last season with lazy Lacey. I really hope not. There are 2 girls that need to go too.One is suzanne and I can't remember the other one's name. If those three were go I think the ones left would make for an awesome competition. I love a good competetion. Other than those three, I think the rest are fantastic cooks. I think Teneel (sp?) will be a great cook.
Old 08-27-2009

Yes!! I like tenille. I like Sabrina and I like Ariel. I don't care for Suzanne. I like Kevin and Dave. Van isn't to bad but he's a lil too army drill seargent for me, and Andy well I already gave my opinion on that ding dong.

I love a good competition too. Robert, if he hadn't of done with that rabbit what he did, he would have give them a run for the money though. It will just keep getting better though, each time someone disappears!!
Old 08-27-2009

WHOO YAH! LOL Oh my as I always say " somewhere a village is missing it's idiot." LOL

Naw, really I like Van too, just a bit drill sargent. lol
Old 09-03-2009

Can't believe Chef didn't send that useless Suzanne home.At least Amanda was a team player and Suzanne threw everyone "under the bus". UUUGGGHHHI think Chef keeps those useless people just to p***** me off. LOL I really think there is a master plan though otherwise the ones he keeps and the ones he sends home wold be a lot diferent. I just want to see a good cooking competition. I'm not so much interested in all of the drama. Maybe Andy or Suzanne next week. Maybe both.I really like Danny as a cook and I think if Tennille would keep her mouth shut she is a great cook too. her mouth gets her in trouble.
Old 09-10-2009

Can't believe that Inuit, what about the fact that he's STILL keeping her around? GRRRRR! Ha, the guys are so impressed. Oh and, See ya Andy, you WEEEEseal! That was funny though, you said maybe both would go home..pretty darn close. She's got one more chance!
Poor Dave is getting another set back next week. Poor guy. Such a sin, not fair at all.

Sabrina lost her touch there what happened there. I like her. I like all the girls left except Suzanne and I like all the guys that are left. I wouldn't be sad to see Van go, but he's not too bad at all considering the other erk me people that were on & still are ...aka suzanne :P.

And again, Jean Phillip. lol Everytime I see him I smile and giggle. I don't know why, I just do. He's so funny!!
Old 09-10-2009

J.P. is as cute as a button. OMG, can you imagoine working for Chef. Poor J.P. must have a good sense of humor or is very well paid. LOL.
Can't't believe Suzanne is still there. OMG. Can't he see how useless she is and what an idiot she is. Another lazy Lacey in the making. They kept her on 8 show too long too. I suppose they will do the same with silly Suzy.Yeah, I agree with your assessment of the guys. I like Dave a lot and really hope either he or Tennille wins. I think they are both really good. Holy crap did you see Dave last night. He was a one armed one man cooking god. LOL. Looks bad for next week. Looks like he has dislocated his healing fracture. I hope not but you know if he cannot continue, they should bring him back next season like they did Robert. He really is a good cook and shouldn't lose because of an injury that he sustained on the show. Can't wait till Tuesday!
Old 09-10-2009

I think Chef will be held to be an even bigger ahole if Dave goes and isn't welcomed back in a future competition. Robert was given that chance and if Dave does not, that will held as highly unfair! I couldn't believe him flying like he was as a one handed man. Wow!!! I feel so bad, whatever he does next week looks bad, painful bad. I hope he doesn't get screwed out of it. He is doing soooooo good and that's with injury!!!!! I think chef will be rather disappointed too if he goes, he is one of the strongest there!

HA! JP MUST have nerves of steel and yes a good sense of humour. I would love to hang out with him for an afternoon. I think I would giggle the whole time. :P He is an awesome added bonus to the show. He makes me smile!! I have no doubt he is paid very well. He dresses the part even when he's not in suit during service!! He strikes me as such a ladies man, and BIG flirt, which makes him even funnier!!

I think you are right Inuit, he must keep cooking retards on just to piss us off and get us going. Or he wants to keep one around long as he can so he has someone to really B**** at. lol