travelling to mansfield, mass in august Travel & Tourism

i SJ: Saint John, New Brunswick  Shopping, Classifieds, Jobs, Real Estate & Rentals, Discussion, Deals, Flyers, + more!

Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online!
Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online! See all recent posts Post a new ad / message Enhanced Features  Helpdesk
Business Advertising Sign-Up (Free!) Search
iSaintJohn Home Forums Home Contact Us Site Rules Terms of Use Privacy Statement

Visit the upgraded front page of iSJ for more info!

Free Saint John Visitor's Guide

Search the web:

Go Back   Saint John Classifieds & Forums > Other Discussion > Travel & Tourism

Old 07-02-2008
Member (< 100 posts)

Default Topic: travelling to mansfield, mass in august

travelling to mansfield, mass in august

Travelling to Mansfield in August...leaving ona thursday evening....can anyone suggest a cheap priced/CLEAN hotels for Bangor, Freeport,Portland (Maine) and Mansfield, Mass.......thanks.....we have never travelled down in the US before....thanks

Also, can anyone suggest ways to save on rooms? ie CAA membership....coupons....gov rates etc......thanks
Old 07-02-2008
Member (100 to 500 posts)

We stayed at the Days Inn while in Portland. It is on the Maine Mall Road right accross from the mall. It had free contenatal (sp?) breakfast and a Chili's restaurant in the same parking lot. They were renovating when we were there (over a year ago) but you would have never known it noise wise. Super friendly staff, reasonably priced.
Old 07-02-2008
Member (< 100 posts)

thank you for the review, we are going by what people suggest, not by any ads....
Old 07-03-2008
Long-Time Member (500+ posts)

Friends of mine stayed, and liked, the Holiday Inn near Downtown Portland. Downtown Portland > Mall area of Portland.
Old 07-03-2008

The Holiday Inn in Portland is good. Nice rooms, very close to everything.
CAA discount if you mention it, 10% off. Good selection for breakfast including eggs/bacon. I recommend it.
Old 07-03-2008

Bangor, ME - Fairfield Inn on the Odlin Road. If a family member works at Irving you get the Irving rate at $51/night.

Freeport, ME - There is a Fairfield Inn that is in Brunswick, ME. It is a short 5-10 min drive from Freeport. Turn right out of the hotel and continue straight.

If you are looking for something more "cozy" there is a set of cottages just down the street from downtown Freeport. They are the Maine Idyll Motor Court, you can find their website @ http://www.maineidyll.com/

Portland, ME - Days Inn is a nice hotel, there is a bunch in and around the Maine Mall.
Old 07-03-2008
Member (< 100 posts)

awesome thanks soooo much...so far all sounds good......has anyone stayed in mansfield, mass????

Also, what is the name of the good restaurants????
Old 07-03-2008

Never been there but it is really close to Providence which is also a nice place for a day trip or an overnight.
Old 07-03-2008

Roomsaver.com for coupons for special rates.
Old 07-04-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyson View Post
awesome thanks soooo much...so far all sounds good......has anyone stayed in mansfield, mass????

Also, what is the name of the good restaurants????

Some good restaurants in Bangor would be the Ground Round on Odlin Road, the Texas Roadhouse down near the mall, Applebees etc.

In Portland there is a Ruby Tuesday in the mall which is delicious.
Old 07-04-2008

I heard there is a new Mexican style restaurant that opened near the Bangor Mall that is good. I haven't been though.
Old 07-07-2008

Noticed you said it's your first trip down to the US ... be sure to have all proper identification. If you have a passport, bring it. If not, it's always good to have your drivers licence and birth certificate. Depending on what board guard you get you may or may not need both the drivers licence/birth certificate.
Old 07-07-2008
Member (< 100 posts)

thanks for all the input...everyone has been very helpful I have a gps so I'm not worried about the dive part :P ...starting to get excited...