Looking for unpasteurized milk Food & Dining

i SJ: Saint John, New Brunswick  Shopping, Classifieds, Jobs, Real Estate & Rentals, Discussion, Deals, Flyers, + more!

Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online!
Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online! See all recent posts Post a new ad / message Enhanced Features  Helpdesk
Business Advertising Sign-Up (Free!) Search
iSaintJohn Home Forums Home Contact Us Site Rules Terms of Use Privacy Statement

Visit the upgraded front page of iSJ for more info!

Free Saint John Visitor's Guide

Search the web:

Go Back   Saint John Classifieds & Forums > Other Discussion > Food & Dining

Old 08-07-2011
Member (100 to 500 posts)

Default Topic: Maple Leaf Queen Buffet

Maple Leaf Queen Buffet

Anybody been? I went friday night after work but stopped outside the door. 18.99 weekend evening buffet!!! R U NUTS? Is it really twice as good as at noon?? By comparison the new buffet in Moncton (Old Chevy's I think)
http://www.yellowpages.ca/bus/New-Br...c/6572508.html
has a huge selection and very good for 14.95 evenings (ANY evening).
Aside from price, any body tried? Quality , selection? General Tso (Tao etc) chicken? (Silver Wok's is yummy!!)Hot and sour soup?
Sure is quiet in here!

Last edited by timmy; 08-07-2011 at 02:15 PM.. Reason: added informative link ;-)
Old 08-08-2011
Member (< 100 posts)

I went. I saw. I ate. It was nice, but I probably won't be going again. I don't eat 20$ worth of buffet food. If you can get your monies worth, you'd be alright!
Ps- The staff they have are really good... at least the ones I had.
Old 08-13-2011
New Member (< 10 posts)

we're going tonite, i find $18.99 weekend price to be extremely expensive as well so im hoping the food BETTER be kick butt and their selection better be big, at least kids under 5 pay $1.99 and we have 3 of them LoL

Last edited by puppyluv; 08-14-2011 at 08:11 AM..
Old 08-13-2011
Member (< 100 posts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintJohngirl View Post
I went. I saw. I ate. It was nice, but I probably won't be going again. I don't eat 20$ worth of buffet food. If you can get your monies worth, you'd be alright!
Ps- The staff they have are really good... at least the ones I had.

ordered a soft drink with the buffet, total was $25. way too expensive!
the taste is not great!
Old 08-14-2011

It was ok in my opinion. However, I didn't find anything "must have" there that I couldn't find anywhere else.
We may go back. hard to say...although a fellow I work with went for the Friday lunch for 10.99. He had 3 plates and felt like he was going to burst when he came back from lunch!
Old 08-27-2011
Member (100 to 500 posts)

Seems to me the buffet at Holly's in Hampton is $18.99 as well. I personally think that is expensive, however it is still way cheaper than going to a restaurant where you could pay $50.00 and up per person for a nice dinner.
Old 08-27-2011
**Silver-Level** Paid Account

For me the best part of a buffet is not "all you can stuff your oversized gut with" and I don't feel the need to "eat 18$ worth of food" since I don't eat $18 worth of groceries in one meal for myself at home, not unless maybe I ever got like a $10 tbone, and seared it in truffle oil with a side of Matsutake mushroom coated with Asiago cheese. What I like about buffet is being able to choose your own thing, your way. For example, I love Chinese food. But every combo they offer has an egg roll, which I don't like so it goes to waste. They also tend to want to smother chicken balls in sweet and sour sauce, which I hate. I don't want to load my plate to the point of groaning, just to have more of the things I like and never have to eat the things I don't. I like the atmosphere at this restaurant, and would go back for sure, for 1099, 1599, or 1899.