Aliant Fibre Op General: Discussion

i SJ: Saint John, New Brunswick  Shopping, Classifieds, Jobs, Real Estate & Rentals, Discussion, Deals, Flyers, + more!

Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online!
Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online! See all recent posts Post a new ad / message Enhanced Features  Helpdesk
Business Advertising Sign-Up (Free!) Search
iSaintJohn Home Forums Home Contact Us Site Rules Terms of Use Privacy Statement

Visit the upgraded front page of iSJ for more info!

Free Saint John Visitor's Guide

Search the web:

Go Back   Saint John Classifieds & Forums > General & Local Discussion > General: Discussion

Old 05-28-2010
Long-Time Member (500+ posts)

Smile Topic: Aliant Fibre Op

Aliant Fibre Op

Has anyone had a chance to try it yet? Im making the plunge and getting it installed on Wed June the 2nd, going with the 20mb down and 5mb up package, which will in total actually only cost me like $13 more then the High speed Max that I have now. If anyone has tried it yet let me know what you think.
Old 05-28-2010

Default Topic: Aliant Fibre Op

I for one just got it about 2 weeks ago...it is phenomenal....I am very Impressed with it...
Old 05-28-2010

which option did you get for a package?
Old 05-28-2010

I got the 20MBps down and 5 MBps up, I started off with the 35MBps down and the 10MBps up...but realized that was overkill, so I weened back to the 20/5, and it is more than enough.
Old 05-28-2010

Where do you people live? I'm in Forest Hills and was told it would not be available here for at least a year.
Old 05-28-2010

I live by Dave's Appliance on Sandy Point Rd....Rockwood Park area.
Old 05-29-2010

uptown on waterloo myself, told its available may 31st an they are coming out on june 2nd to do the install
Old 05-29-2010
Member (100 to 500 posts)

Thumbs up Topic: Aliant Fibre Op

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpage466 View Post
uptown on waterloo myself, told its available may 31st an they are coming out on june 2nd to do the install
good to know, i live on peters st so that will be nice, cant wait to get rid of rogers and switch back
Old 05-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradorna View Post
Where do you people live? I'm in Forest Hills and was told it would not be available here for at least a year.
I live in Forest Hills too and found they've been pulling the f/o cable since last month. You can see the cables are hanging on the poles already. Does it take one year from hanging on the pole to hooking to the houses?
Old 05-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by liuxinbing View Post
I live in Forest Hills too and found they've been pulling the f/o cable since last month. You can see the cables are hanging on the poles already. Does it take one year from hanging on the pole to hooking to the houses?
I hope not, cables hanging could be a good sign....Just because the guy told me one year does not mean he was correct. Agents at call centres do make mistakes in the info they give, as we all know.
Old 05-30-2010

Hey, they FINALLY got Rogers hispeed where I used to live. 12 years ago I started asking the Rogers guys when we'd be getting hispeed and they always said in another year. It took 12 years to get it but I moved 10 years ago. You never know for sure until the installation van shows up at your house.
Old 05-30-2010

and even after the van has pulled up its still not 100% certain lol. They just ran the cable on waterloo st about a month to two months ago so it seems to be available rather quickly after they move on
Old 05-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoseToTheGrind View Post
I for one just got it about 2 weeks ago...it is phenomenal....I am very Impressed with it...
just a question, did you by any chance take any pictures of your fiber setup? im curious on how there running the fiber lines from the poles to the houses.
Old 05-31-2010

no pics, but they had to put a new box on the outside of the house, line goes from the pole to that box....then the fiber op line is from the box into the house and into the fiber op box on my wall....and the line goes from the box on the inside wall to the modem.
Old 06-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpage466 View Post
so have they showen up yet? keep us posted
Old 06-02-2010

there doing the installation right now, the box on the exterior of the house is similar to a rogers junction box, just grey with a specialized lock on it. Im at work now but when I get home ill take some pics and show everyone the setup on it
Old 06-02-2010

right on
Old 06-02-2010

i keep checking the website and it keeps telling me my address isnt avaliable yet and im sure you dont live too far away from Peter St if your on Waterloo
Old 06-02-2010

id try calling them directly, the website told me that it was going to be available in the next 3 months so it may not be updating properly, im down by the old church on waterloo by richmond, so not very far from peter street at all
Old 06-02-2010

so how's the new service?