Aquatic Center Membership :: Saint John, NB - Health & Wellness

Saint John, New Brunswick  Shopping, Classifieds, Jobs, Real Estate & Rentals, Discussion, Deals, Flyers, + more!

Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online!
Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online! See all recent posts Post a new ad / message Enhanced Features  Helpdesk
Business Advertising Sign-Up (Free!) Search
iSaintJohn Home Forums Home Contact Us Site Rules Terms of Use Privacy Statement

Special iSJ Features: 
Shopping Mall
Links to dozens of sites
Online Flyers
Links to flyers for Sobeys, Superstore, Sears, drugstores, & many more retailers.
iSJ Paid Advertising
It's easy, effective, & affordable. Reach thousands of people for as little as $5.55 per week!
Search the web:

Featured Advertiser:

Naturally for Life - the eco store (NOW OPEN)! We offer an excellent selection of eco-friendly and fair-trade products, knowledge, and superior customer service!

Advertise Here

Go Back   Saint John Classifieds & Forums > Other Discussion > Health & Wellness

Old 02-09-2010
Member (100 to 500 posts)

Default Topic: Aquatic Center Membership

Aquatic Center Membership

We are thinking of getting a membership at the Aquatic Center. My husband and I need to join a gym and thought it would be nice to join there so our kids could go swimming.
Is it worth it and how does it compare to other gyms? I rarely hear anyone talk about membership or the gym there, so I would appreciate any imput!
Old 02-09-2010

We have memberships at the aquatic centre. I like it, just because on days when I don't feel like going to the gym, I can go have a swim instead. That being said, their gym is really small. They have around 10 treadmills, and depending on the time of day, there's a wait to use them. They offer lots of classes you can take. You can get memberships for the kids as well. My son has a pewter plus, which allows him to use the gym area, but you have to be with them. It's also near enough to my work and my son's school. They used to offer a free one week trial, I'm not sure if they do that anymore, but there's always someone around who can take you on a tour.
Old 02-09-2010

Thanks Marigold for the info. We will only be able to go in the evening so were disapointed to see the only classes during that time is aquasize, but we are thinking we can do the gym 3 nights and aquasize 2. My kids would get the reg pewter as they are 10 and 11. I emailed this morning to ask if they can do anything other than swim, like aquasize or the treadmills( I have one son that is over weight a bit). They havent responded yet.

Thanks for the info!
Old 02-09-2010

They won't be able to do the treadmill, since you need a pewter plus membership for that, and they have to be 13. Also, the pewter plus supposedly allows the teenagers in only after 6:00, although we've never had a problem going right after school/work. I know what you mean, my son is very overweight.

Aquasize is for all ages, as are most of the classes, but I find that my son doesn't enjoy taking classes with a bunch of "old" ladies...I wish they offered more classes for kids, he'd love to do yoga or someo of the other classes, but being the only 15 year old boy in a class of mostly 30-40 year old women just isn't that appealing!