Preschool Jobs & Education

i SJ: Saint John, New Brunswick  Shopping, Classifieds, Jobs, Real Estate & Rentals, Discussion, Deals, Flyers, + more!

Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online!
Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online! See all recent posts Post a new ad / message Enhanced Features  Helpdesk
Business Advertising Sign-Up (Free!) Search
iSaintJohn Home Forums Home Contact Us Site Rules Terms of Use Privacy Statement

Visit the upgraded front page of iSJ for more info!

Free Saint John Visitor's Guide

Search the web:

Go Back   Saint John Classifieds & Forums > Other Discussion > Jobs & Education

Old 05-08-2008
Long-Time Member (500+ posts)

Smile Topic: Preschool

Preschool

Does anybody know of a good preschool? What age do they have to be to go? and would preferably be east.
Old 05-08-2008

Default Topic: Preschool

GlenView United has one and they are looking for kids. It's in Glen falls. 3 mornings a week? $70 a month.
Old 05-08-2008
Member (< 100 posts)

Both of my sons went to Glenview United preschool and it is great! The instructors are both great ladies.

Tuesday, Wed & Thursday mornings from 9:00-11:30

Here's the number if you'd like more info, they're trying to get their enrollments done for next fall now.

Leslie : 832-2622
Old 05-08-2008

Is that the one by the apmt buildings?how old do they have to be?
Old 05-12-2008

Does anyone know of any in Millidgeville area? And if you have to register for them. My daughter will be 4 in July and I would like to get her into something to get her use to being around other kids & Adults.
Thanks!
Old 05-24-2008
Member (< 100 posts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleM View Post
Is that the one by the apmt buildings?how old do they have to be?
Yes it's close to Reading Cresent.

My son started when he was 2.5 (three in November), but he was potty trained, they prefer them to be trained and 3-4 years of age.

I'm sorry I don't know of any in Millidgeville.
Old 05-24-2008

Thanks.

I tried calling but couldn't get a hold of anybody.
He won't be 3 till Jan 10th so I was worried that he wouldn't be able to go because of his age even though he is very smart and acts much older. Maybe I will just try stopping in this week.
Old 07-05-2008

My daughter will also be 3 in January and I would love to find something for her to socialize with kids her own age...but I have had a bad experience with a preschool before and a daycare so I don't know what to do lol
I wonder if there is any play groups..other than the library....
Old 07-07-2008
Member (100 to 500 posts)

my ds really enjoyed the one at Simonds high, and the price can't be beat.
$70 for 6 weeks, 3 mornings a week, snacks included.
Old 07-07-2008
Member (100 to 500 posts)

Smile Topic: Preschool

My friend sent her daughter to Simonds High as well and she loved it. Didnt want it to end. Couldn't wait to go back.
Old 08-06-2008

I have been looking for something for my daughter as well. She will be 3 in January...and finding a preschool seems impossible lol. We live on the west side and all there seems to be is daycares, which I do not want...having had a bad experience with one in the past.
Old 08-06-2008

My son is on the list for the one at the church over east. They have an open house sometime in August. Not sure if you want to go that far??
Old 08-07-2008

No..I had actually sent my other daughter there years ago and wasn't happy with it at the time. Maybe it has changed, not sure...just not willing to take that risk again. Thanks for letting me know though.
Old 12-13-2008
Member (< 100 posts)

I'm looking for details on the Simmonds High one and also the one in the church located East that was mentioned above. Does anyone know if these are "play" based or if there is actual teaching done. I'm interested in getting some help with alphabet identification and stuff like that for school preparation. Also is there different classes for the 3 year olds versus 4 year olds, i.e. only go 2 days versus 3 days per week??
Old 12-13-2008

Since this has come up again. I have to mention that I love the Glenview United Church preschool. The teachers are wonderful. I have two children in and they have learned so much so far this year. Their ABC's, numbers past 10 and numerous songs. I was so scared my son wouldn't be ready for school in 2009 but I am positive, thanks to these ladies, he will be more then ready. They are so happy now that they have friends and a happy and wonderful place to go. I recommend this preschool to anyone
Old 12-13-2008
Member (< 100 posts)

Thank you babydoll101 for your input. I had a few more questions about preschool...

Generally when do you register for these types of things, like in Sept or at the end of June?

Does it generally go month by month or are you committed for the year (i.e. if you just wanted to send the kids for 1/2 yr as opposed to a year?

Babydoll101 When you said they learned their numbers/letters, did you mean verbally they learned them, or was it identification (pointing out a letter on a page) or writing themselves?

Thanks, and I'd appreciate anyone's input here, whether you sent your kids to preschool or not. I'm not sure what to do. My child will be barely 5 when school starts and I'd like to be prepared considering she will be on the younger end of the range compared with other kids.
Old 12-13-2008
Member (< 100 posts)

I should have added my child is 3 now...
Old 12-13-2008

Anyone on here in the South End area?St. John The Baptist/King Edward School has an excellent program on Tuesday morning & Thursday morning.8:30-11:30.Parents are welcome to stay.Some stay an hour some stay the whole time,some come later.Crafts,use the smart board,snacks etc.Totally supervised by a teacher.All free of charge.
I forgot to include this is open to all ages under kindergarten age.

Last edited by dittydottie; 12-13-2008 at 11:50 PM.. Reason: added more
Old 12-14-2008
Member (< 100 posts)

My kids both went to Simonds High preschool and loved it.Brenda Macpherson is the teacher who runs it,you can call the school and talk to her about it.I know she does have openings when it starts up again which is in April....
Old 12-14-2008

Most pre kindergarden programs run for the school year. If you start your child mid way through they will miss what was taught at the begining.