Pure, pure ignorace! Pets & Animals

i SJ: Saint John, New Brunswick  Shopping, Classifieds, Jobs, Real Estate & Rentals, Discussion, Deals, Flyers, + more!

Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online!
Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online! See all recent posts Post a new ad / message Enhanced Features  Helpdesk
Business Advertising Sign-Up (Free!) Search
iSaintJohn Home Forums Home Contact Us Site Rules Terms of Use Privacy Statement

Visit the upgraded front page of iSJ for more info!

Free Saint John Visitor's Guide

Search the web:

Go Back   Saint John Classifieds & Forums > Other Discussion > Pets & Animals

Old 11-29-2007
Long-Time Member (500+ posts)

Default Topic: Pure, pure ignorace!

Pure, pure ignorace!

ok...so I am a reptile lover and enthusiast. I love my pets. I also belong to several online chat rooms for reptiles, most of them being US based though since there seem to be more reptiles there...anyways one of the chat rooms has a "rant and rave" section....and someone posted this. I thought it was just absurd! Some people are so self-richeous..they dont think that these people come from having nothing at all...

"I bought a bird feeder. I hung it on my back porch and filled it with seed. Within a week we had hundreds of birds taking advantage of the continuous flow of free and easily accessible food. But then the birds started building nests in the boards of the patio, above the table, and next to the barbecue.

Then came the poop. It was everywhere: on the patio tile, the chairs, the table...everywhere. Then some of the birds turned mean: They would dive me and try to peck me even though I had fed them out of my own pocket.

And other birds were boisterous and loud: They sat on the feeder and squawked and screamed at all hours of the day and night and demanded that I fill it when it got low on food. After a while, I couldn't even sit on my own back porch anymore. I took down the bird feeder and in three days the birds were gone. I cleaned up their mess and took down the many nests they had built all over the patio. Soon, the back yard was like it used to be...quiet, serene and no one demanding their rights to a free meal.

Now lets see...our government gives out free food, subsidized housing, free medical care, free education and allows anyone born here to be a automatic citizen. Then the illegals came by the tens of thousands.

Suddenly our taxes went up to pay for free services; small apartments are housing 5 families; you have to wait 6 hours to be seen by an emergency room doctor; you child's 2nd grade class is behind other schools because over half the class doesn't speak English; Corn Flakes now come in a bilingual box; I have to press "one" to hear my bank talk to me in English, and people waving flags other than "Old Glory" are squawking and screaming in the streets, demanding more rights and free liberties.

Maybe it's time for the government to take down the bird feeder."
Old 11-29-2007
Member (< 100 posts)

Kind of ironic......

......but nutz.

Last edited by katzndawgs; 11-30-2007 at 09:05 AM..
Old 11-30-2007

Omg.. Im sorry.. but that's Americans for ya..
Old 11-30-2007

good ol USA
Old 11-30-2007

Made me chuckle, it's just one person's opinion.
Old 11-30-2007

not just one thoguh...that chat room is set up like this, categories, pages, etc...and there were 4 pages of people agreeing with it...
Old 12-02-2007
Member (100 to 500 posts)

What was this person thinking? " oh this birdfeeder is nice ill buy it and put it up for deceration" Right if you have a bird feeder then your going to get birds.Common sense.. If the person didnt want to hear the birds or "get attacked" then they should have put it in a tree or something.
Old 12-02-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by harbourchick07 View Post
What was this person thinking? " oh this birdfeeder is nice ill buy it and put it up for deceration" Right if you have a bird feeder then your going to get birds.Common sense.. If the person didnt want to hear the birds or "get attacked" then they should have put it in a tree or something.

LOL
That was totally not the point!
Old 12-02-2007

LOL...nope not the point at all!! Too funny.
Old 12-05-2007

i wasnt talking about the whole post... I just thought the first part about the person that seemed to get mad because the birds pooped on her deck and pretty much blamed the birdfeeder. I was just saying "about that part" that your going to get birds if you have a bird feeder right. i kinda got a little lost with the rest and didnt pay to much attention to it, was to busy laughing about the birds
Old 12-05-2007

Ummm...There was no birdfeeder....not a real one anyway....the birdfeeder is essentially the gov't....certain people are the birds....
Old 12-05-2007

A little too young yet to understand the "real" meaning behind the post I'd say
Old 12-05-2007

yeah...i think so...i understood it though...and I was totally throw away by it...how can they be so bad about it? I think they would be happy that so many people want to live in their country IMO..but thats right. they look different and talk different, and different cultural aspects, so they want no part of them.