Walmart Layaway Wait General: Discussion

i SJ: Saint John, New Brunswick  Shopping, Classifieds, Jobs, Real Estate & Rentals, Discussion, Deals, Flyers, + more!

Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online!
Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online! See all recent posts Post a new ad / message Enhanced Features  Helpdesk
Business Advertising Sign-Up (Free!) Search
iSaintJohn Home Forums Home Contact Us Site Rules Terms of Use Privacy Statement

Visit the upgraded front page of iSJ for more info!

Free Saint John Visitor's Guide

Search the web:

Go Back   Saint John Classifieds & Forums > General & Local Discussion > General: Discussion

Old 12-15-2007

Default Topic: Walmart Layaway Wait

Are they open tonight? Is their not a law about being open on Sunday?
Old 12-16-2007
Member (100 to 500 posts)

We went out after midnight and it looked like it was close. We didn't bother stopping, we drove by the door but the lights were dimmed and their sign was out. There were people there waiting for drives but it looked like they had closed up.
Old 12-16-2007

We went there tonight at midnight and someone told us they close at 11 on weekends. Its open 24 hours on weekdays till December 24th.
Old 12-16-2007

That's what I thought.

Zellers will be open 24hrs Starting Weds.
Old 12-16-2007

Smile Topic: Walmart Layaway Wait

Walmart was open 24 hours on Friday, closed at 11pm on Saturday and 12-5 on Sunday. They reopen I think it was 7am Monday and don't close again till Saturday at 11pm.
Old 12-17-2007
*Basic-Level* Paid Account

I waited 35 minutes in layaway... wasn't too bad... but i had the time to wait...
Old 12-17-2007
Long-Time Member (500+ posts)

ok...so are they prejudice against christmas or something? Why would I have to get it out by the 17th? They did not say anything to me about it, and I am not going until the 21st. Why would it matter? What if I wanted something for myself and wanted it out on the 21st?
Old 12-18-2007

Send a message via MSN to mike_d

It may just be a end of the year policy for inventory or something.
Old 12-18-2007

Could also be that sometimes people change their minds about a layaway...or don't pick it up...maybe still want it but can't afford it...various reasons....

By putting a date such as Dec 17 on all layaways anything that isn't picked up can be put back on the shelf and they have basically a week (close to it) to sell the items....

I suppose with it being end of year....christmas...they have many reasons why they have a cut off date....
Old 12-18-2007

well they told me I had until the 8th of january...
Old 12-18-2007

oh well if that is what they told you then you must have till Jan 8 - I know it used to be there was a cut off date....maybe they've changed that....it should actually state the date of pickup on your receipt....
Old 12-18-2007

yeah it says if I do not pick up by january 8th, they will put it back on the shelf. I can understand them wanting to have a majority of xmas stuff picked up by a certain date though...near christmas will be crazy!
Old 12-18-2007
**Silver-Level** Paid Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS View Post
Snoopy spouses, has a nice ring to it.
My father was the biggest kid when it came to Christmas, my mother had to hide his gifts in my toybox in my closet or he would find them "accidentally"- yeah, accidentally on the back of the shelf in their closet under a pile of dress scarves or on the closet floor between the steamer trunk and the wall- the man never put away his own clothes so how he "found" anything in the closet was suspicious.
Old 12-18-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizard_lover View Post
yeah it says if I do not pick up by january 8th, they will put it back on the shelf. I can understand them wanting to have a majority of xmas stuff picked up by a certain date though...near christmas will be crazy!

If thats the case then they must not have asked you if it was for Xmas.. My original date was the 23rd or something like that.. and they asked if it was for xmas.. I said yes.. and they said o u have to pick it up by the 17th.. I would call to check.. but if they didnt cross out your orig date.. then you should be fine..

I may not open my mouth.. Just in case.. LOL
Up to you.. I just thought i would let u know what i went through..
Have a Merry Xmas..
Old 12-18-2007

They are just being thoughtful. They don't want a wrapping paper shortage on the 24th.