I don't get it! Adoption movie controversy Arts & Entertainment

i SJ: Saint John, New Brunswick  Shopping, Classifieds, Jobs, Real Estate & Rentals, Discussion, Deals, Flyers, + more!

Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online!
Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online! See all recent posts Post a new ad / message Enhanced Features  Helpdesk
Business Advertising Sign-Up (Free!) Search
iSaintJohn Home Forums Home Contact Us Site Rules Terms of Use Privacy Statement

Visit the upgraded front page of iSJ for more info!

Free Saint John Visitor's Guide

Search the web:

Go Back   Saint John Classifieds & Forums > Other Discussion > Arts & Entertainment

Old 07-30-2009
Long-Time Member (500+ posts)

Default Topic: I don't get it! Adoption movie controversy

LOL! I don't have them YET, but there's no way I'm changing my mind. I decided more than a year ago that I am getting them with no doubts in my mind whatsoever, and the only doubts I had initially were from people like my mother who are so quick to judge women who modify themselves by wearing make up / dying hair or whatever.
I already gave an answer to your question, however it was very vague. I am a bisexual woman in a hetero sexual relationship with a preferance for large breasts. Now, the most logical answer would be to have several questionable encounters with other women for the rest of my life, but that's not always feesable is it? lol, probably not. I just prefer the look and the feel of large breasts, so it will be something I do very much for myself. (though, I'm sure my husband won't mind. Actually, I'm possitive of it.) But even if he DID mind, I would do it and since he loves me he would understand it's something I feel strongly about.
Old 08-01-2009

To each his own Donteat. There is one more thin about having a big bust. I am now considerably older than you are and the sad fact is when the girls fall, they fall hard. Might look great at 30 to have DD bust, but doesn't look so good at 50 when they start to fall. Implants don't fall but the weight and pressure on your back is a factor to be considered. It can be disabling when you get older. Everything looks good at 30.
Old 08-01-2009

I'm 24, and NOTHING looks good, so if I can get something that will look good for 10 years out of my life, I'm gonna do it!
Old 08-01-2009

I thought you sounded really young. My youngest is 30. I swear I have clothes hanging in my closet older than you. LOL
Old 08-01-2009

lol! I do too though, my nanny had a bunch of 70's vintage things, and I got to keep them ! <3 them lots.
Old 08-02-2009

Hahahaha.Tooooo funny! I actually wore clothes like that in the 70's. Vintage hahaha.I must be getting vintage too.

Last edited by inuit; 08-02-2009 at 09:03 PM..
Old 08-04-2009
Member (100 to 500 posts)

Big boobs can be VERY inconvenient!! If I were to wear a slightly lower cut shirt without a tank people would think I was some kind of tramp. Speaking of tank tops, most have shelf bras built in, but they end up pulling your tank down and exposing unwanted cleavage. Blouses don't button right, and if they do, they are too big in the shoulders, and arms too long. You always have to be aware of your degree of cleavage, it can change by the minute and without notice, and can be very embarrassing at a family get together, or at work, even if you aren't wearing low cuts.

If you (can) walk with good posture people think you're sticking out the girls to draw attention. And forget about reduction, the scars are horrendous, I started to research it, and saw a pic of after, oh my goodness! It looks like someone drew lollipops with a bright red crayon onto your chest, and the scars on that tissue don't fade well. I'd rather suffer with a big chest, thanks!

The bra selection is terrible, the ones that are mildly cute have no support, and the ones with support look like something someone's grandmother should be wearing (no offense to the grandmothers out there). Pregnant women always comment about not being able to see their feet, to them I say, welcome to the club! I have to bend over or stick my feet out so that I can see them. I could go on all day about the inconveniences of having a large chest...

About the movie though..very strange that people are so up in arms about it. It is a horror film, anyone who takes those movies serious enough to significantly alter their opinion about adoption is an utter moron and probably wouldn't stand a chance at qualifying for an adoption in the first place!! The people who are considering adoption will not back out of the process because they saw a horror flick depicting a creepy little girl who is trying to get rid of her adoptive family. Geez..the people making a fuss over this should focus their efforts on a more worthy cause! In this day and age there certainly isn't a shortage of more worthy causes!!!!
Old 08-04-2009

On a lighter note, can you imagine what our senior citizens homes are going to look like in the future? Little old ladies with perky boobs and wrinkled tattoos. Just a light-hearted joke!!!!!!!
Old 08-04-2009

HAHA I like you Blondie!!! lol You're too funny! I hear ya, everything you said actually!!! and I agree 100% with everything you said, I have many of the same issues when it comes to the big chest bit!!!! And your movie opinion!! Agree 100% also! Too funny!!!

Inuit, I am just curious, after your post saying you figured donteatrawpotatoes was young sounding, I have to ask now...from my responses, how old you would guess me to be? hehe I love age guessing games, but since you can't see me I am even more curious as to how old you would guess me to be? :P

Don'teatrawpotatoes, well now I can understand why you are attracted to big breasts

You said before that you were very annoyed when people assume you are increasing breast size for a man. Well, even though you say you are doing it for yourself, and no doubt you are... it is still for appearances purposes.

I thought when you made the comment about being annoyed that people assume it's for your man....that you were doing it for reasons that had absolutely nothing to do with appearances...that is what sparked my curiosity. I couldn't imagine what good a breast implant would be other than for changing your appearance. . But by what you said, I thought you meant there were reasons for it, that had nothing to do with appearance, attracting a partner (man or woman), etc. so that is why my curiousity was peaked, I couldn't think of a darn thing outside of appearance purposes!!!!

Well, good luck with everything, hope it all works out well for you. =)

Bradorna, I was thinking the same thing. The tattoos was a given but now that you mention it, the boobs will be in here too, you are right! Never thought about those in the equation of our generation getting old. What a site that will be hahaha wonder if our kids will all make fun of us!!?? I have to say I might not have perky boobs when I am 80 but I will be a wrinkly tattoo victim..thank goodness they are where you can see em!!!!

Good Tips for future tattooers: do not get tattoos on spots that are visible!! Might look great now, but won't when you are 80, woah!. Forget about putting it somewhere that wont get wrecked when you are pregnant, that is what a lot of girls think about when they get em done...worry about what it'll look like when your skin is no longer tight and firm!!! LOL Imagine all the men that have em on their faces? That's gonna look real nice at 80!! heheeeee

Last edited by Pumpkin; 08-04-2009 at 10:21 AM..
Old 08-04-2009

I would guess you at the same age as me.
Old 08-04-2009

Pumpkin, I think you are between 28 and 34. I most likely am way way off. I did guess Donteat was in her early twenties because I have been talking/debating with her for quite awhile now. From her responses, I had guessed she was quite young.
Old 08-04-2009

Wow good job, I am 30 just about to turn 31. :P Figured you would think me older And if you saw me, I look like I'm 15 :P Im a shorty =)...with big boobs :P hahaha Sorry couldn't resist with our topic of conversation =)
Old 08-04-2009

Hahaha. I'm a shorty too. 5'2". Used to have big boobs too but my how the mighty have fallen. LOL I just lost 90 pounds and the girls took it hard. Last June I weighed 293 pounds. now I weigh 203. I tuck what's left of the girls into my waistband and off I go. Hahaha

You did seem to be around 30ish. I got that from reading what you write. With age comes wisdom? Do ya think?

Mrs B., Doggygirl, Atchbe, T4, and Puppylove all seem to be in their early 30's too.

Last edited by inuit; 08-04-2009 at 07:11 PM..
Old 08-04-2009
**Bronze-Level** Paid Account

How old would you take me to be inuit... since you are on a roll.
Old 08-05-2009

Oh Rhiley, I'm not on a roll. Since you asked I would guess that you are in your 40's. I stand to embarrass both of us now.You if you are 20 something and me if you are 20 something but I do think you are in your 40's maybe even a touch older. Remember, I've never laid peepers on you. Don't yell at me if I'm wrong.
Old 08-05-2009

Too funny inuit... I am 29 will be 30 in November. However, I have always been told I am wise beyond my years...LOL!
Old 08-05-2009

:P This is fun!! hahahahaha Especially because you can't see what anyone looks like.

Wow this thread has taken on many faces. I am having a good time in this discussion!!! :P Can't wait to come back and see what's next lol

Haha Inuit you're too funny. And WOW 90 pounds that is awesome, GREAT JOB!!!!! I wish I could do that, well I need to take off about 30 pounds to be at what the say I should be. I am only 4"10" and they say 90-110 is my ideal weight. K, NOW, ya call all start going OMG you're not even 5 feet tall, hahahaha Nope I'm not :P Paint me blue and call me Smurfette =) hahaha

And yes Inuit, with age DOES come wisdom. I know my outlook on things changed dramatically as I grew outta my teens and early 20's!!! I am pretty open minded but can be close minded about things also. I am noticing a friend of mine making that change now. She is a very open minded person more so than I am, she is just turning 30 this year I believe. I have seen her outlook change in past years, but I am seeing it changing again.... Happens to ...well I can't say all of us, can I? lol Was about to, but there are way to many people who never seem to grow up and get wise, so that would have been an incorrect statement!! :P

Last edited by Pumpkin; 08-05-2009 at 12:57 PM..
Old 08-05-2009

OMG Rhiley, I am soooo sorry.My booboo. Don't fee;too bad though. Awhile back someone thought I was a man. Hahaha too funny.

Pumpkin, my mom was 4'9" tall. Whenever someone mentioned her height, she always said whe was the same height as a new broom.( A corn broom used to be exactly 4"9" high.) Whenever I heard her say that I used to burst out laughing. She would never admit that she was short. She always said that everyone else was tall. LOL At 5'2" I am the tallest girl in my family.The tallest boy in the family is 5'6".We are all vertically challanged. LOL Funny thing is when I'm here, I am short but when I go back home I am the tallest one in the room.
Old 08-05-2009

lol As tall as a new broom. Sounds like something my Gran would say. She has so many sayings like that about everything it seems lol Some of them are so damn funny too!

Most of my family is short too. Both my parents mother's were/are short. Their fathers were/are tall but Im not sure how tall, I'd say 5"10 to 6 ft tall. My mother and father are both about 5"3. So between myself and my dad's mom we are closest in height, very close!!

My daughter is under 10 years old and is almost as tall as me. She gets her height from her dad! When I am standing at the bus stop with her in the mornings during school, I look like one of the kids going to school. There are kids in grade 5 down there that are taller than me. hahahaha I was never bothered by being short. A lot of people are bothered by it and wish they were taller, but I never did. Sucks when ya can't reach the top shelf in the stores and it's a pain to find pants to fit sometimes but I have never really complained.
Old 08-05-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by inuit View Post
OMG Rhiley, I am soooo sorry.My booboo. Don't fee;too bad though. Awhile back someone thought I was a man. Hahaha too funny.

No worries Inuit, I actually take it as a compliment. I am one of the few people that look forward to growing older. Well not the ailments part but rather the vast array of experiences that lay ahead for me.