Where are all these "great vacation deals" that other people seem to find? Travel & Tourism

i SJ: Saint John, New Brunswick  Shopping, Classifieds, Jobs, Real Estate & Rentals, Discussion, Deals, Flyers, + more!

Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online!
Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online! See all recent posts Post a new ad / message Enhanced Features  Helpdesk
Business Advertising Sign-Up (Free!) Search
iSaintJohn Home Forums Home Contact Us Site Rules Terms of Use Privacy Statement

Visit the upgraded front page of iSJ for more info!

Free Saint John Visitor's Guide

Search the web:

Go Back   Saint John Classifieds & Forums > Other Discussion > Travel & Tourism

Old 05-12-2009
**Silver-Level** Paid Account

Default Topic: Where are all these "great vacation deals" that other people seem to find?

Where are all these "great vacation deals" that other people seem to find?

I have looked on travelocity and expedia etc and for a simple flight to Montreal or Quebec etc and they all want 500-600$ for a simple two day trip, even leaving out of Moncton. Why would I want to fly so close?? Because I will have worked three 65-hr weeks in a row and so I'm fairly wiped out already (and it aint even Saturday yet). I don't want to drive alone and don't have anyone to go with me so I thought, hey, flying is supposed to be pretty cheap right now. I don't count 500$ cheap, unless it is to Cancun or Egypt. When I lived in Vancouver I used to see signs in travel agents windows "Vancouver to Halifax, $212!!!". Where are THOSE flights??
Old 05-12-2009
Long-Time Member (500+ posts)

Default Topic: Where are all these "great vacation deals" that other people seem to find?

You're not going to find great prices from YSJ to YUL (there are no direct flights to YQB). At best you might find a deal for a base price - one way at about $89-$109 but then you have to add on all the taxes and fees. So yeah, $500 is the best you're going to get to Montreal on an airplane from Saint John. Sign up for Air Canada's e mail notification service and you'll get updates on when they lower their prices.

I travel often enough and I'm always looking around the internet at prices. I've never seen a travel site list a price lower than the airline's direct site. Once upon a time you could find such deals but for "air only" you won't find a better price on some goofy Expedia or similar site. I've actually come across more expensive prices on Expedia for hotel rooms compared to the actual hotel's direct website.
Old 05-12-2009

I signed up for emails from westjet and aircanada and recieve a fair amount of hot deals...west jet had emailed me about 69. trip to T.O (where I usually fly)

you should sign up...
Old 05-12-2009

Yeah, and WestJet from YSJ to YYZ starts up this or next week, or somewhere. I don't even know what date it is today, too much Swine Flu.
Old 05-13-2009
Member (100 to 500 posts)

Trinity, PM'ed you.
Dan J, there are awesome deals to be had on everything from packages, flights, cruises, hotel, food ect ect. You just have to know where to look.
Old 05-13-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilly Bean View Post
Trinity, PM'ed you.
Dan J, there are awesome deals to be had on everything from packages, flights, cruises, hotel, food ect ect. You just have to know where to look.
...says the person not looking at this right now:

http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/med...rrizalillo.jpg
Old 05-13-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan j View Post
...says the person not looking at this right now:

http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/med...rrizalillo.jpg

Gaud, been there, done that, many, many times when I lived quite handy to Mexico. (it get's old after a while. lol) So is this your first trip to Mexico? Now if you were on the French Riviera or perhaps in Italy I might be a tad jealous. These I think were my favorite vacation destinations.

BTW. the weather in Quispamsis today was sunny and hot!

Last edited by Jilly-Bean; 05-14-2009 at 05:47 AM..
Old 05-15-2009

8th time en Mexico. I've been all over the country.
Old 05-18-2009

Apparently some people don't care if they spread disease!!!

Anyways my actual reason for my post.......

I have to ask why you keep putting YSJ YUL YUB

What does the Y stand for?

Sorry I do not travel ......obviously! =)
Old 05-18-2009

Spread disease? Swine Flu? LOL

Airport codes.

YSJ - Saint John
YYZ - Toronto
MEX - Mexico City
YUL - Montreal
YHZ - Halifax
YFC - Fredericton
HUX - Huatulco
PXM - Puerto Escondido
BOS - Boston
ATL - Atlanta
Old 05-19-2009

I'm thinking, why would the French Riviera or Italy be more impressive than Mexico? The sun shines nice and hot in both places and the water is great too. So, what would impress you?

Last edited by dan j; 05-19-2009 at 10:04 AM..
Old 05-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan j View Post
I'm thinking, why would the French Riviera or Italy be more impressive than Mexico? The sun shines nice and hot in both places and the water is great too. So, what would impress you?
I don't believe I used the word "impress". It's just my personal preference.You should expand your horizons dan j. There's a whole big world out there to explore.

History, art, culture, breathtakingly beautiful countries, best wines, food and SHOPPING!

Last edited by Jilly-Bean; 05-20-2009 at 03:51 PM..