Storm - Feb 19 Weather / Scenery Photos & Discussion

Saint John, New Brunswick  Shopping, Classifieds, Jobs, Real Estate & Rentals, Discussion, Deals, Flyers, + more!

Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online!
Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online! See all recent posts Post a new ad / message Enhanced Features  Helpdesk
Business Advertising Sign-Up (Free!) Search
iSaintJohn Home Forums Home Contact Us Site Rules Terms of Use Privacy Statement

Special iSJ Features: 
Shopping Mall
Links to dozens of sites
Online Flyers
Links to flyers for Sobeys, Superstore, Sears, drugstores, & many more retailers.
iSJ Paid Advertising
It's easy, effective, & affordable. Reach thousands of people for as little as $4.99 per week!

21st Century Resumes - Your dream job is our goal! Resume writing services + iSJ Special: FREE Cover letter! Click for details & web site

Search the web:

Go Back   Saint John Classifieds & Forums > General & Local Discussion > Weather / Scenery Photos & Discussion

Old 02-19-2009

Default Topic: Storm - Feb 19

Storm - Feb 19

Looks like another heavy storm is hitting Saint John. People are leaving work early, trying to make sense of the roads on their way home.

Any news out there? buses still running?
Old 02-19-2009

From SJ Transit website:

NOTICE - February 19, 2009
All buses are running today but, due to weather conditions, some buses may be running behind schedule. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

...I just called and buses are still running but are behind.
Old 02-19-2009

Funny isn't it how the city counts on buses not weather to determine to close early or not.Malls and some stores will not or cannot close until the buses stop running because of the weather.Why can't the police make the call?I am sure bus drivers would love to be told get off the road.
You take a chance like today and head to work(get in trouble if you don't) than later on they decide to take buses off the road or roads become worse,now you must worry about getting home again.
Old 02-19-2009
Member (100 to 500 posts)

Visibilty is awful I can hardly see across the street. I hear the roads are very bad!
Old 02-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by dittydottie View Post
Funny isn't it how the city counts on buses not weather to determine to close early or not.Malls and some stores will not or cannot close until the buses stop running because of the weather.Why can't the police make the call?I am sure bus drivers would love to be told get off the road.
You take a chance like today and head to work(get in trouble if you don't) than later on they decide to take buses off the road or roads become worse,now you must worry about getting home again.
I've heard in the past the busses don't get pulled off the road unless the mall closes...
Old 02-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadoww View Post
Visibilty is awful I can hardly see across the street. I hear the roads are very bad!
yeah, they had to close part of crown street today as three transports were stuck on the hill.
Old 02-19-2009

I came home. My babysitter called to say my daughter was sick, so I went and picked up my wife then my daughter and drove them home. I called back to work and said that the roads were really bad and I couldn't make it back for the rest of my shift.
Old 02-19-2009

Buses are still running, mall is still open.

Neat link for a view of the weather - http://personal.nbnet.nb.ca/jagaudet/webcams.htm

Last edited by Jhazon; 02-19-2009 at 01:34 PM..
Old 02-19-2009

I get it Buses blame malls if an unforuate accident occurs----Malls blame buse if an employee has an unfortuate accident.Why can't someone just take a stand in times like this.
Old 02-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by dittydottie View Post
I get it Buses blame malls if an unforuate accident occurs----Malls blame buse if an employee has an unfortuate accident.Why can't someone just take a stand in times like this.
And I blame the city for not having a weather line for its residents and businesses. They should know what is going on in terms of transportation (buses AND taxi services) and closing of services (such as schools, gov/mun services, ect.) Heck, one night I was going to call the Mayor but then realized he would just tell me to "Shut up!"
Old 02-19-2009

Do you want the city to chew your food for you too?

Just make your own call. There was a weather warning out yesterday around 3PM. Another came out around 4am this morning.

If you think it's dangerous, stay home.
Old 02-19-2009

Stay home lose your job!
Old 02-19-2009

Can't say I've ever caught flak from staying home because of poor weather.
Old 02-19-2009

Lucky you.