For anyone who is interested Carpooling & Gas Prices

i SJ: Saint John, New Brunswick  Shopping, Classifieds, Jobs, Real Estate & Rentals, Discussion, Deals, Flyers, + more!

Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online!
Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online! See all recent posts Post a new ad / message Enhanced Features  Helpdesk
Business Advertising Sign-Up (Free!) Search
iSaintJohn Home Forums Home Contact Us Site Rules Terms of Use Privacy Statement

Visit the upgraded front page of iSJ for more info!

Free Saint John Visitor's Guide

Search the web:

Go Back   Saint John Classifieds & Forums > Automotive & Boat Classifieds > Carpooling & Gas Prices

Old 07-31-2008
Long-Time Member (500+ posts)

Default Topic: For anyone who is interested

I went there at 10 am, only about a 15 min wait, I was there 3 times and didn't have to wait that long, and habsfan10, to correct you...it was $1.05 per Litre at the CT on Rothesay Ave.

PS:as for wasting gas during the wait.....turn off the vehicle.....like I did...no waste there.
Old 08-01-2008

Lightbulb Topic: For anyone who is interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaj27 View Post
Yes, the police where there. I drove by on my way to supper. Quite the mess.

Oh you got that right, the closer it got to 7 pm, people getting off work from 4 pm and on, it was getting CRAZY, that why I made sure I went early.....lol
Old 08-01-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoseToTheGrind View Post
I went there at 10 am, only about a 15 min wait, I was there 3 times and didn't have to wait that long, and habsfan10, to correct you...it was $1.05 per Litre at the CT on Rothesay Ave.

PS:as for wasting gas during the wait.....turn off the vehicle.....like I did...no waste there.
Actually a gasoline fuelled engine uses more fuel during start up than during a short idle.

When you turn the key to start the engine, the computer opens all of the injectors fully and dumps as much fuel as it can to get the engine to start.

Sometimes just letting the engine idle is better.
Old 08-01-2008

I had to chuckle as I was driving down Rothesay Ave and seen all these people lining up for gas and thinking to my self, man people are stupid Sure it is nice that they dropped the price 10 cents but do the Math....My car takes 60 litres to fill it up that is a $6 saving. Now the line around supper time was all the way back down ashburn lake rd is saving $6 worth waiting in line almost and hour and burning $2 to $10 depending on what you are driving?
Old 08-02-2008

Call me stupid then too because for me a half hour wait was well worth it when it came to filling my truck. I saved alot because I was pretty well empty. I waited until Thursday to fill it and quite enjoyed the wait and got to talk to lots of people. So I really don't care if people call me stupid.....
Old 08-04-2008

Lightbulb Topic: For anyone who is interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkawil View Post
I had to chuckle as I was driving down Rothesay Ave and seen all these people lining up for gas and thinking to my self, man people are stupid Sure it is nice that they dropped the price 10 cents but do the Math....My car takes 60 litres to fill it up that is a $6 saving. Now the line around supper time was all the way back down ashburn lake rd is saving $6 worth waiting in line almost and hour and burning $2 to $10 depending on what you are driving?

Be that as it may, math is great, I love math....but we rarely get any breaks whatsoever nowadays,, so when I see a chance to save a buck, im gonna take it.

Old 08-04-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradorna View Post
Call me stupid then too because for me a half hour wait was well worth it when it came to filling my truck. I saved alot because I was pretty well empty. I waited until Thursday to fill it and quite enjoyed the wait and got to talk to lots of people. So I really don't care if people call me stupid.....
Here here, very well said.