3 shepherds save a life Pets & Animals

i SJ: Saint John, New Brunswick  Shopping, Classifieds, Jobs, Real Estate & Rentals, Discussion, Deals, Flyers, + more!

Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online!
Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online! See all recent posts Post a new ad / message Enhanced Features  Helpdesk
Business Advertising Sign-Up (Free!) Search
iSaintJohn Home Forums Home Contact Us Site Rules Terms of Use Privacy Statement

Visit the upgraded front page of iSJ for more info!

Free Saint John Visitor's Guide

Search the web:

Go Back   Saint John Classifieds & Forums > Other Discussion > Pets & Animals

Old 12-16-2009
Long-Time Member (500+ posts)

Default Topic: 3 shepherds save a life

3 shepherds save a life

I have mentioned on here before how my mother has 6 dogs, 5 of which are shepherds, and 2 of them are only 5 months old.

Last night, my mom just finished bringing the puppies in from outside, put them in their room, and walked out onto her back deck to get the 3 adults in only her housecoat and slippers (she lives in the country). She no sooner got on the deck and closed the door and she slipped, and hit her head off the edge of a table on the deck, and passed out. She is not sure how long, but when she woke up she had her 3 babies cuddled around her keeping her warm. She tried to get up to open the door and couldn't, so had no choice but to crawl into the 10ft long dog house they built onto their deck to get out of the wind and rain, and laid in there with her dogs for 5 hours until her husband got home from work.

I believe that if it wasn't for those dogs, my mom would have froze to death outside last night, or very close to as she spent about 7 hours (approx. because it was 7 hours from when I was talking to her and she said she was on her way to get the puppies, and when her hubby got home) out in the cold with almost nothing on. GO DOGS! They truly are man's best friend.
Old 12-16-2009

Amazing things dogs will do for their owners...Hope you mom is doing ok!!
Old 12-16-2009
Member (100 to 500 posts)

Omg, thank goodness she had her angels there to help her. What an experience. I hope she is ok and I am sure those fur babies will have a great Christmas, lol. They should be nominated for an award. Is it Purina that has that on their website?
Old 12-16-2009

Did she go to the er to get checked out? Anytime you hit your head so hard you pass out for more than a few seconds, you REALLY need to be checked out. Head injuries are not something to pass off. Even if you feel fine.

Thank God for these wonderful dogs. Dogs always seem to know exactly what to do in thise kinds of situations. My heirtage is inuit and my ancestors have relied on dog teams for generations. I grew up hearing dog tales and they were amazing and heartwrenching.
Old 12-16-2009

I'm so glad your mom is ok! T^T This made me cry really bad actually, I wish we had more people like those pups in this world...
Old 12-16-2009

Thanks everyone. I was with my mom for most of today. She is feeling ok, quite sore, but she was ok. She did call the hospital, but because of whatever they told her just not to sleep for 24 hours, and pay attention to how she was feeling and whatnot. I think she should have gone but they said she would be ok....

Her dogs seriously changed from that experience. She brought them in today and they all got up on her couch and snuggled with her. She was squished but thought it was awesome because they never really did that. They are her little heroes, and I tell ya her husband doesn't think she is crazy for having 6 dogs now! (even though only 3 were outside)
Old 12-16-2009

Awwww your mom has 3 wonderful angels watching over her, what a beautiful story.
Old 12-17-2009

Wow, can't believe the hosp didn't tell her to come in for a neck x-ray and maybe even a head ct scan. Scary. As a former paramedic and an er nurse my first instinct would be a complete head and neck scan.

Dogs sound wonderful and I suppose they are feeling overprotective of her.
Old 12-20-2009

That is absolutely amazing. I sure hope your mom is okay. They say everyone has a guardian angel, they just don't say in what form and it is so obvious hers was her 3 dogs. They have saved her life.