Who can I ask for help? General: Info & Help

i SJ: Saint John, New Brunswick  Shopping, Classifieds, Jobs, Real Estate & Rentals, Discussion, Deals, Flyers, + more!

Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online!
Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online! See all recent posts Post a new ad / message Enhanced Features  Helpdesk
Business Advertising Sign-Up (Free!) Search
iSaintJohn Home Forums Home Contact Us Site Rules Terms of Use Privacy Statement

Visit the upgraded front page of iSJ for more info!

Free Saint John Visitor's Guide

Search the web:

Go Back   Saint John Classifieds & Forums > General & Local Discussion > General: Info & Help

Old 12-15-2008

Default Topic: Who can I ask for help?

I want to first of all thank you all who have taken the time to read my post and reached out to me. I am still finding things hard but i'm sure i'm not the only one this time of the year. Our church sent us over a box of food. I am going to see my doctor tomorrow, i have been so stressed lately, my health is not good and im worried able the baby. Everyone has given me alot to think about and i feel better that I got this off my chest. i needed to be able to ask for help because i was starting to feel really depressed about what happened to me.
I know who my true family and friends are now, we are getting some support from them. It's hard to ask for help and not feel like a failure.
I don't know if i can do anything regarding my job, i was only at that location for 2 months. i just got back from maternity leave with my son so i think i will have to go back to the other location.
I have faith everything will be ok. I hope you all have a happy holiday. I read your comments everyday and it helps. thank you
Old 12-15-2008

Good luck with everything and let us know how you make out.
Old 12-16-2008
**Silver-Level** Paid Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystalbeach View Post
Have you contacted Income Assistance?
Good point, if you are in dire straits and suddenly out of a job through no fault of your own, that IS the purpose of IA, temporary help til you get yourself back to work.
Old 01-02-2009

Bad News

I heart has been broken and i can not see a light at the end of this tunnel

I have been going through a very dark time right now. My New year started out with a trip to the ER and we found out that I had lost the baby.
It's been a really really hard 24 hours. I am blessed to have good friends and family around me.
I don't know what I'm going to do now.
Prayers Please.
Old 01-02-2009

My prayers are with you and good luck as you move on with your life.
Old 01-03-2009

gentle hugs Dawn Marie....
Old 01-05-2009

I just came across this picture and i cried my eyes out, my head hurts now, but not as bad as my heart. I miss you Sam, my baby boy. I know you are in Gods hands now, i just wish i had a chance to hold you first. I love you always.
Old 01-05-2009
Long-Time Member (500+ posts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn-Marie View Post

I just came across this picture and i cried my eyes out, my head hurts now, but not as bad as my heart. I miss you Sam, my baby boy. I know you are in Gods hands now, i just wish i had a chance to hold you first. I love you always.
Each day will become easier!
Old 01-12-2009

Dawn-Marie, I am so sorry to hear of this. I believe God has a special plan for your little "Angel". Please take this big hug from me and let your tears flow because they will help heal your broken heart. You are in my prayers. God Bless you and the rest of your family.
Old 06-09-2009

Today would have been my sons due date and I find it really hard today. I have been so depressed since the new year when he died. I don't know how I am still alive, I feel numb all the time. I smile for everyone and try to hold it together so no one will know that I would rather be somewhere else. But how do you escape your own thoughts, your heart aching, your body? The reality that your baby is dead, and wonder what you might have done to cause it. The "what if's" infest my mind when I try to sleep. I don't sleep anymore.

I dream that I am still pregnant.

Inside I am a mess, outside I'm a mom, a wife, a daughter, a sister, a friend, a housekeeper, a supper maker, a diaper changer, a normal person, feed cats, take out garbage, pick up toys, don't cry, smile. Everything is fine, no really I'm fine.......(screaming inside)........sorry for the rant. I don't know why my hands are typing these words out loud??? shhh....try to look normal.

I am still looking for a job.
Old 06-09-2009

Massive big hugs...you arent alone...if you need someone to talk to..ksbeckaa@yahoo.ca....Becca
Old 11-02-2009

Help me please!

Hello everyone!
I know this is a old post but i needed to get something off my chest. Since posting this thread i have been thru alot!

It has been about a year almost to the day since i started this thread. I have tried my best to move on from being fired and losing the baby. The reason I am adding to this thread is........

It happened again!

I was working at my new job and doing very well. I soon found out that i am pregnant again. I worked extra hard to make sure this pregnacy wasn't interfering with my work performance. I worked anything from 8-12 hours, on my feet. I loved my job! I was scared to tell my boss that I was pregnant, i told her.

I got a call to say that they were letting me go.

I am so scared that everything is happening all over again........i can't loose this baby. Not two in one year. I need help!

If you know anyone who will hire me, I am almost 3 months pregnant, please let me know.
Old 11-02-2009
Member (100 to 500 posts)

Go to the Dept. of Labor and report both places. Fight back and most of all take care of yourself.
Old 11-02-2009

Dawn-Marie. Please go to the labour board. Tell them your WHOLE story. Maybe you can fight this at a time when it is convenient for you, instead of right away. As in, after you have the baby. So that until then, you can relax and look after yourself.

Personally, I do not think you should look for a job right now. Your health and keeping your stress levels down are very important right now!! Go to IA, they will help you. You do not have to stay on assistance, just use it until you have the baby and you know you can handle getting back into the work force again. It's less than a year of your life and it is worth it if it means you being healthy for your baby!!!

Please!! Your story is heart breaking and we do not want to see this story repeat itself any further!! Do it for yourself, your unborn and the rest of your family and friends!!
Old 11-03-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBeasley View Post
Just to prove a point, I think I would've gone ahead and pee'd my pants right there on the spot!!!
That's what I would have done! Or dropped my pants and went on the floor!
Old 11-05-2009

Oh Dawn-Marie, I feel for you. There is not much help I can provide, but I must share my story with you.
I became pregnant in early June this year. In early September I had to quit my job as I was doing labour work, not good for a pregnant woman. I spent a few months searching for a job, scared, with my hubby and I broke as heck, barely being able to buy food. He would starve himself so I could eat.
I finally got a job this month. Had my first day of work on Monday. I am now 22 weeks pregnant. I have not told them yet, but they must know because I am showing. It is not a great job, and is low paying, but is a job. And they are hiring (if you like PM me and I will let you know where to apply if you like). I am stuck in a position however where I do not think I will be able to make the hours for maternity leave, as this week I got 30 hours, but next week only have 12, and 18 the week after. So I may end up relying on the government in one way or another to be able to be home with the baby for awhile and breastfeed.

I guess all I am trying to say is you are not alone. I feel your pain as I too have lost a baby in the not so far past. PM me at any time if you need to talk, as it would be nice on my end too. I know too well how hard it can be to talk to people about this sort of thing, and the depression and stress caused by it. I am here for you.

*With love and hugs*
Old 11-05-2009

Call center type work places are very 'anal' about stats. You feel chained to your desk and your headset. two 15 min breaks per 8 hour shift. Generally you waste 1/2 of it signing off, securing your desk, waiting to get into the bathroom and then getting back and signing back in, etc. 30min lunch break is really only 15mins.

Pretty rough if you are needing to goto the bathroom more often for reasons such as illness or pregnancy (not saying they are the same thing).

If your stats aren't good, regardless of reasons, you don't get your raises or promotions and you look like a bad worker.

I'm pretty glad to be fairly free with my schedule. Unless I'm in a situation or location where I can't get away right then, I can take a bathroom break when needed. Most people can't and I've had jobs where I couldn't.

We are slaves. That is what the working-class is. We work hard so that the company owners can live well and not like slaves.