Saying good bye to a friend Pets & Animals

i SJ: Saint John, New Brunswick  Shopping, Classifieds, Jobs, Real Estate & Rentals, Discussion, Deals, Flyers, + more!

Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online!
Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online! See all recent posts Post a new ad / message Enhanced Features  Helpdesk
Business Advertising Sign-Up (Free!) Search
iSaintJohn Home Forums Home Contact Us Site Rules Terms of Use Privacy Statement

Visit the upgraded front page of iSJ for more info!

Free Saint John Visitor's Guide

Search the web:

Go Back   Saint John Classifieds & Forums > Other Discussion > Pets & Animals

Old 07-26-2010

Default Topic: Saying good bye to a friend

Saying good bye to a friend

Today we had to say goodbye to our faithful pup Jake and I have to say, it is one of the hardest things we have ever had to do. We know we made the right choice because of a health issue, but we feel terrible.
To those that have gone before us and had to say goodbye to a family pet, I hope your heart has eased in pain and time has made the good memories clearer.
Old 07-26-2010
Long-Time Member (500+ posts)

The tears are pouring down my face puppy luv. We had to put our black lab down 1 year ago yesterday. It gets easier, but we miss her just the same. I hope your family is doing okay, and Im sending huggs and prayers your way. Jake was a beautiful puppy
Old 07-26-2010

Oh Puppyluv, I am SO sorry for your loss

Lots of love your way, you'll be in my thoughts <3
Old 07-26-2010

Puppylove, I am so saddened to hear of your loss of a loved one. I know it is hard to believe now but it will get easier as time goes by. You will always remember himand you will always miss him but you know deep down in your heart, it was for the best for him and that is the most important thing. When I lost one of my babies someone sent this to me. i will pass it on to you.

THE RAINBOW BRIDGE

Just this side of Heaven is a place called the Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine and all our friends are warm and comfortable.

All of the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content except for one thing; they each miss someone very special, someone who was left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly one stops and looks into the distrance. His bright eyes are intent; his eager body begins to quiver. Suddenly, he breaks from the group, flying over the green grass faster and faster. You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face, your hands again caress the beloved head and you look into those trusting eyes, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together........

Author Unknown

You will be in my thoughts today Puppy. I am so sorry.
Old 07-26-2010

This post is oh so familiar, We had to put our Lacey down in Febuary, a decision that was only made when because we felt it was right for her (she had gotten very sick & weak-old age) and that's what she would have wanted we hope. She was 18 and lived a beautiful full life as I hope Jake did as well. The only peaceful thing about this decision is that he is now painless and free of any hurt. An angel to look over you and your family.

We got Lacey Cremated and have her on our mantel in a beautiful cedar box, so she's always near, just wondering if you made arrangements for Jake??? It made us more at peace with the whole situation of that horrible situation. I you need any info, let me know.

I hope you and your family heal fast but knowing Jake is not far. <3

God bless,

Vix

Last edited by Vix; 07-26-2010 at 03:03 PM.. Reason: added info
Old 07-26-2010

Thank you everyone...it means allot.
Vix, yes we are having Him cremated and will bury him in our yard under His favorite tree...He loved to sit under it in the sun and watch for birds, cats, blowing wind...whatever took his fancy to gruff up about and just enjoy the day.
Out vet, Dr Tompkins, Dr Salgado and the girls at Fundy handled Jake and his issue with such compassion and care. I do not know how they can go through this experience with their clients and still have their heart in one piece. I know Tag & mine is in so many right now. Jessie-Blue our other pup is a bit lost. But we will help her through this until it is Her time. She has cushings and we expect that She will not make it past another year.
When I was younger, we always had pets...I just don't seem to remember them passing like this..or this kind of sadness and pain.

much love to all of you.
Old 07-26-2010
Member (100 to 500 posts)

My best friend closed his eyes last night,
As his head was in my hand.
The Doctors said he was in pain,
And it was hard for him to stand.
The thoughts that scurried through my head,
As I cradled him in my arms.
Were of his younger, puppy years,
And OH...his many charms.
Today, there was no gentle nudge
With an intense "I love you gaze",
Only a heart thats filled with tears
Remembering our joy filled days.
But an Angel just appeared to me,
And he said, "You should cry no more,
GOD also loves our canine friends,
HE's installed a 'doggy-door"
Old 07-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelia29 View Post
My best friend closed his eyes last night,
As his head was in my hand.
The Doctors said he was in pain,
And it was hard for him to stand.
The thoughts that scurried through my head,
As I cradled him in my arms.
Were of his younger, puppy years,
And OH...his many charms.
Today, there was no gentle nudge
With an intense "I love you gaze",
Only a heart thats filled with tears
Remembering our joy filled days.
But an Angel just appeared to me,
And he said, "You should cry no more,
GOD also loves our canine friends,
HE's installed a 'doggy-door"
LOVE this....Thanks Nelia29.
Old 07-26-2010

Okay now I am ready for a breakdown......Creamation is a beautiful thing for a dog. We have a mantel set up as well with the urn and photos and a paw print. So so so so sad........
Old 07-26-2010
Member (100 to 500 posts)

You know my heart is with you and Stacy. (((hugs)))
Old 07-28-2010

I went to the vet's today to give them all of Jake's medicines. No sense in them being here. They were very kind about Jake. Sometimes that is the hardest thing.

Jes, our other dog, is lost without Jake. I also realized how much they added to each other. He knew the command "wait", she doesn't get it means now. She knows, "come here" he thought it meant whenever... Jake was always picky on treats. Jes didn't care. I realized I don't even know her favorite treat... I feel terrible thinking one over shadowed the other.