Keeping Cats off New Couch and Chair Pets & Animals

i SJ: Saint John, New Brunswick  Shopping, Classifieds, Jobs, Real Estate & Rentals, Discussion, Deals, Flyers, + more!

Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online!
Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online! See all recent posts Post a new ad / message Enhanced Features  Helpdesk
Business Advertising Sign-Up (Free!) Search
iSaintJohn Home Forums Home Contact Us Site Rules Terms of Use Privacy Statement

Visit the upgraded front page of iSJ for more info!

Free Saint John Visitor's Guide

Search the web:

Go Back   Saint John Classifieds & Forums > Other Discussion > Pets & Animals

Old 07-08-2010
Basic-Level Member

Default Topic: Keeping Cats off New Couch and Chair

Keeping Cats off New Couch and Chair

Does anyone know of a way to keep our 3 cats off our new livingroom furniture?I just want to keep the couch and chair as cat free as possible.Thank you
Old 07-08-2010
Long-Time Member (500+ posts)

Tazers?

If you're opposed to that, a little water in a spray bottle usually works pretty good with my beasts.
Old 07-09-2010
Long-Time Member (500+ posts)

This has not been a problem for me as my beasts have always taken up more room on the sofa than I do however many years ago I did have a cat who would scratch my sofa. We cured that by buying a can of spray at the vet's. It has no odor to humans and does not stain or anything but to cats it is very unpleasant and he immediately stopped coming even near the couch. We sprayed it not more than a couple of times and that's all it took. Much cheaper and way more humane than declawing or giving away the puss.

Last edited by inuit; 07-09-2010 at 06:23 AM..
Old 07-09-2010
Basic-Level Member

Thanks for the tips.I will call the vet today and see what they have I could buy
Old 07-09-2010
Member (100 to 500 posts)

Please let us know where to get it and how much.
Old 07-09-2010
Basic-Level Member

I did call Pet Corral today and they do have the stuff I am looking for.Its $17 a bottle and they dont have any right now(go figure) but they will have some in late next week
Old 07-10-2010
Member (100 to 500 posts)

Thanks.