120 cats at the ARL, is yours missing??? Pets & Animals

i SJ: Saint John, New Brunswick  Shopping, Classifieds, Jobs, Real Estate & Rentals, Discussion, Deals, Flyers, + more!

Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online!
Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online! See all recent posts Post a new ad / message Enhanced Features  Helpdesk
Business Advertising Sign-Up (Free!) Search
iSaintJohn Home Forums Home Contact Us Site Rules Terms of Use Privacy Statement

Visit the upgraded front page of iSJ for more info!

Free Saint John Visitor's Guide

Search the web:

Go Back   Saint John Classifieds & Forums > Other Discussion > Pets & Animals

Old 07-06-2010
Long-Time Member (500+ posts)

Unhappy Topic: 120 cats at the ARL, is yours missing???

120 cats at the ARL, is yours missing???

Hey SJ we had stopped into the arl tuesday afternoon, July 6 and were shocked to see 120 cats that were up for adoption. Most are strays or surrendered so please if you lost your kitty or know someone that has please ask them to stop into the ARL as their site is not yet updated and hopefully find your missing babies, or if your looking for a best friend their are so many beautiful sweet kitties that could use a new home. If I didn't already have 2 cats and a dog I would love to bring a few more babies home....

Please stop in and find a new friend.....

Vix
Old 07-07-2010
Member (100 to 500 posts)

Default Topic: 120 cats at the ARL, is yours missing???

The Animal Rescue League needs to do a better job of advertising their animals. They need to set up a central location to display the animals that are requiring adoption. The more people see them the easier it will be for people to want to adopt.

Perhaps they should consider partnering with Vets to come up with an affordable spay and neutering program. I called several vets to inquire about the cost of getting my kitty fixed, their prices are CRAZY!

On another note: please consider adopting an animal from the ARL. Follow this link to check out all the beautiful animals: http://www.saintjohnanimalrescue.com/?p=adoptl&t=1
Old 07-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammy C View Post
The Animal Rescue League needs to do a better job of advertising their animals. They need to set up a central location to display the animals that are requiring adoption. The more people see them the easier it will be for people to want to adopt.

Perhaps they should consider partnering with Vets to come up with an affordable spay and neutering program. I called several vets to inquire about the cost of getting my kitty fixed, their prices are CRAZY!

On another note: please consider adopting an animal from the ARL. Follow this link to check out all the beautiful animals: http://www.saintjohnanimalrescue.com/?p=adoptl&t=1
They already have a partnership with many vets. Your spay/neuter cost is included in the adoption fee and is usually cheaper than a vet would regularly charge.

But I agree that they need to do a better job of advertising the animals. The website always seems to be weeks, and some times months behind. I know they are busy and most people are volunteers but there must be someone who can take some time and keep things up to date.

I went to adopt a puppy in May, the pups had been at the ARL for two weeks and still weren't even mentioned on the website.
Old 07-23-2010

Then instead of crabbing on a public forum..go in and volunteer!
Old 07-31-2010
New Member (< 10 posts)

As for the puppies in May, why would they post animals that were'nt available. Those puppies were all spoken for before they came back from foster care, and yes instead of criticizing the work they do or don't do come and volunteer some of your time. Most people couldn't walk a day in a shelter workers shoes.