H1N1 Vaccine Confusion :: Saint John, NB - Health & Wellness

Saint John, New Brunswick  Shopping, Classifieds, Jobs, Real Estate & Rentals, Discussion, Deals, Flyers, + more!

Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online!
Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online! See all recent posts Post a new ad / message Enhanced Features  Helpdesk
Business Advertising Sign-Up (Free!) Search
iSaintJohn Home Forums Home Contact Us Site Rules Terms of Use Privacy Statement

Special iSJ Features: 
Shopping Mall
Links to dozens of sites
Online Flyers
Links to flyers for Sobeys, Superstore, Sears, drugstores, & many more retailers.
iSJ Paid Advertising
It's easy, effective, & affordable. Reach thousands of people for as little as $5.55 per week!
Search the web:

Featured Advertiser:

Naturally for Life - the eco store (NOW OPEN)! We offer an excellent selection of eco-friendly and fair-trade products, knowledge, and superior customer service!

Advertise Here

Go Back   Saint John Classifieds & Forums > Other Discussion > Health & Wellness

Old 10-27-2009
Member (< 100 posts)

Default Topic: H1N1 Vaccine Confusion

yes, I got it at the regional, it was an hour long wait. Very long lineups during day time, quieter in the evening.
Old 10-27-2009
**Bronze-Level** Paid Account

& what if something happens 5 years from now??? and everyone just drops dead.... not enough research , they have only been studying since april.. and sciencetist are refusing it.... sooooooo wish yall the best
Old 10-27-2009
**Bronze-Level** Paid Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by girdy View Post
Do you have a reputable link that supports that?

GOOGLE it.
Old 10-27-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by megz View Post
& what if something happens 5 years from now??? and everyone just drops dead.... not enough research , they have only been studying since april.. and sciencetist are refusing it.... sooooooo wish yall the best
If I drop dead in 5 years time???? Well....... then.......I guess it was my time to go! I could be killed in a car accident tomorrow, I could need a blood transfusion next week and contract some deadly disease because a sample got missed during testing, I could be misdiagnosed and have a sudden death of something that could have been prevented.....so what's your point????
Old 10-27-2009
Member (100 to 500 posts)

Quote:
lol - well make up your mind, you've postured that people were getting brain problems from this vaccine in the 60's, and that it's too risky to use because they just started studying it. Or is your theory that 40 years of study is too little?
Old 10-27-2009

Unfortunately, people, just because it is on the internet doesn't mean that it is true. You have to be vigilant as to what is bunk.
Old 10-27-2009

Quote:
Do not get that vaccine unless you want to have brain problems.. It happened in the 60's and its happening again all over the states!
This is exactly the kind of crap people need to aviod!
Get the facts from a reliable source and talk to your Doctor.
Wether you get the vaccine or not, make an informed decision.
Old 10-27-2009
Long-Time Member (500+ posts)

http://swineflu.mercola.com/sites/ar...Emergency.aspx

Very interesting reading and video on subject..
Old 10-27-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Living Life View Post

If you are interested in non-mainstream/alternative medicine. Probably not the best source for info.
Old 10-27-2009

Quote:
Do not get that vaccine unless you want to have brain problems.. It happened in the 60's and its happening again all over the states!
I believe that was from acid, lsd, ect. lol
Old 10-28-2009

Thumbs up Topic: H1N1 Vaccine Confusion

My 18 yr old daughter and I recieved our H1N1 vaccine today at our neighborhood school!
We waited till later in the afternoon before they closed and therefore no little kids or a long wait.I am a nurse and I also was on the fence about whether to get this or not but ....I decided since it is a dead virus they have used ,the ingredients they have put into the vaccine are the same as they have used safely for many years in others and I probably ingested more mercury in the last can of tuna I ate...I decided that there was very little risk to myself or my children from the vaccine because we have all survived every other one since childhood...and I could never live with myself if I gave or my children aquired H1N1 and became seriously ill or died..however small that risk may be...I decided not to whine and prevent the swine!Other than a sore arm at the injection site we haven't grown any curly tail or hooves LOL. I am sure the previous years I chose to smoke before I quit I willingly put more toxic dangerous substances into my body than this vaccine would ever do!Now my lungs are shot and because the H1N1 attacks the lower lobes of the lungs and prevents the oxygen from getting to circulate in your body it causes quick deaths..much more serious than the upper respiratory symptoms we have all been used to with the seasonal flu.... I decided I do not wish to take a chance...Good luck in your decisions..be rational and proactive is definitely better than reactive..it may be too late.
Old 10-28-2009
Long-Time Member (500+ posts)

Smile Topic: H1N1 Vaccine Confusion

did anyone hear about the 2 kids that went parailized on one side of their body after haveing the needle?
Old 10-28-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab View Post
did anyone hear about the 2 kids that went parailized on one side of their body after haveing the needle?
Nope, but perhaps you could post the news link.
Old 10-28-2009
Member (< 100 posts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Living Life View Post

It's interesting, but it's really hard to take him seriously... any kernels of truth in what he says are drowned out by his political agenda and also how weird some of his other views are.

Apparently, he recommends people avoid eating a variety of foods, including grains (even whole grains), fruit juices, pasteurized milk, homogenized milk... plus a lot of other stuff (although I agree with some of it myself, like about artificial sweeteners).

Also, he's not actually an MD... his qualification is as a "DO" (osteopathic physician), so it's hard to know if he even has training on vaccine-related issues (probably doesn't).

And then finally, he's apparently nutjob right-winger He's trying to somehow blame Obama for all this... if you lookup info on Mercola, this is apparently the kind of thing he does all the time (trying to blame Obama for everything).

The right-wingers / conservatives in the US are trying to use the vaccine stuff to scare Americans about public healthcare in general.

Last edited by raptor; 10-28-2009 at 11:26 AM..
Old 10-28-2009
Member (< 100 posts)

Lightbulb Topic: H1N1 Vaccine Confusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by girdy
Quote:
Originally Posted by megz
Do you have a reputable link that supports that?
Quote:
GOOGLE it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ab View Post
I think megz and ab are talking about Guillain-Barré Syndrome:
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/167892.php
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/...n5246940.shtml

It didn't happen in the 60s, but it happened in 1976 when there was a swine flu outbreak in the US.

But although some people may get harmed by a vaccination, it's probably less than the number who would get harmed without a vaccination.

When googling for info, I also found this:
http://www.farmandranchguide.com/art...ews/news15.txt
...about a guy who got Guillain-Barré Syndrome from the flu in 1991 (not a vaccination)

What I kind of question myself is whether the effects of the swine flu are so severe as to necessitate vaccinations for everyone. From what I've read, the % of people dying from swine flu is about the same as the % who die from the usual seasonal flu.

Last edited by raptor; 10-28-2009 at 11:40 AM..
Old 10-28-2009

http://www.cdc.gov/H1N1flu/qa.htm
http://www.cdc.gov/H1N1flu/qa.htm
Old 10-28-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor View Post
I think megz and ab are talking about Guillain-Barré Syndrome:
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/167892.php
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/...n5246940.shtml

It didn't happen in the 60s, but it happened in 1976 when there was a swine flu outbreak in the US.

But although some people may get harmed by a vaccination, it's probably less than the number who would get harmed without a vaccination.
What they're saying in the CBS article is that 1 in a million people getting the vaccination get GBS, and 3 out of 100 of those who get GBS will die. Using the US population, if every single person in the US was given the vaccination, 3 people would die due to GBS. There are already 1,000 people dead in the US of H1N1. Of course it wasn't available, but had everyone in the US gotten the vaccine then 3 total people would have died of GBS, and that other 997 people would still be running around.

So ya, you might get GBS, and if that happened, that's unfortunate.

To me, it's like saying when you jump out of an airplane that you're not going to wear a parachute because the lines might get tangled around your throat. Ok, but that's not the big picture.
Old 10-28-2009

Way to go media & government. People are going to these clinics in droves & many of the "right" people aren't getting the vaccines when they're suppose to. They've created mass panic. Now you're gonna tell people to calm the **** down but it was you yourself that got everyone all rowled up!

News such as that of the 13 year old boy who died in ON at basically the same time the vaccine rolled out. Someone's getting filthy rich off of this & networks are at war for the highest ratings - it just doesn't seem right.
Young healthy people die all the time from a crap load of things. In fact, I betcha more 13 year olds died that same day by falling off the playground or big internal farts for **** sakes.

Chillax people!
Old 10-28-2009

Lakefield Elementary is Friday day and night, but now only for ONE parent and the student...no one else.
Old 10-28-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deanie View Post
Lakefield Elementary is Friday day and night, but now only for ONE parent and the student...no one else.
Same goes for Fairvale tonight. - They shouldn't have even publicly posted the shool vaccinations. IMO that was STUPID!