Help With Kitty Behaviour Pets & Animals

i SJ: Saint John, New Brunswick  Shopping, Classifieds, Jobs, Real Estate & Rentals, Discussion, Deals, Flyers, + more!

Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online!
Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online! See all recent posts Post a new ad / message Enhanced Features  Helpdesk
Business Advertising Sign-Up (Free!) Search
iSaintJohn Home Forums Home Contact Us Site Rules Terms of Use Privacy Statement

Visit the upgraded front page of iSJ for more info!

Free Saint John Visitor's Guide

Search the web:

Go Back   Saint John Classifieds & Forums > Other Discussion > Pets & Animals

Old 10-24-2011
Member (100 to 500 posts)

Unhappy Topic: Help With Kitty Behaviour

Help With Kitty Behaviour

I need some help/opinions on how to solve the issue we are having with our cats. We have 3 cats who up until the past week or so were pretty good cats. Then just recently, despite no changes in the household, they have gone crazy. They are always fighting with each other, and trying to get people food. Our youngest has never had any interest whatsoever in people food and is now even drinking coffee or whatever he can get into. This is really bad since he has pancreatitis and cannot eat people food. Our oldest cat is now hissing and spitting every time he is told no or when one of the other cats come near him which is abnormal for him. You would think they never get fed the way they go crazy for food but they get hard food all day and a "breakfast" of soft food in the mornings. We are at our wits end. You can't even cook or eat without the cats being at you or trying to jump on the counter or table. If you are snacking on the sofa in front of the tv, they are constantly at you reaching out to paw at your food. It's getting ridiculous and I don't know what to do. I say No and clap my hands when they jump at the counter/table which stops them but only briefly. They aren't even phased if you spray them with water. I just don't know what else we can do but we can't live like this forever. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.