Help for my aging kitty Pets & Animals

i SJ: Saint John, New Brunswick  Shopping, Classifieds, Jobs, Real Estate & Rentals, Discussion, Deals, Flyers, + more!

Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online!
Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online! See all recent posts Post a new ad / message Enhanced Features  Helpdesk
Business Advertising Sign-Up (Free!) Search
iSaintJohn Home Forums Home Contact Us Site Rules Terms of Use Privacy Statement

Visit the upgraded front page of iSJ for more info!

Free Saint John Visitor's Guide

Search the web:

Go Back   Saint John Classifieds & Forums > Other Discussion > Pets & Animals

Old 04-16-2011
**Bronze-Level** Paid Account

Question Topic: Help for my aging kitty

Help for my aging kitty

I'm trying to find a reasonable vet for my kitty.. my furbaby is an older guy and his health is failing fast. I know it's time to put him down as he's starting to experience elimination problems and has lost muscle tone, etc.

I was rather shocked to be turned away from the animal rescue league for the euthanasia service, and I'm not getting much in recommendations from friends and family. It's tightrope times to justify the vet fees at the moment... anyone out there have any feedback?

With relationships, as with so many aspects of life, honesty is undoubtedly the best policy
Old 04-16-2011
Member (< 100 posts)

Default Topic: Help for my aging kitty

Help For Cat

Not sure if specific Vet's can be named, but the KV Animal Hospital in Rothesay (849-1137) may be of help or could recommend someone to you. My sister-in-law just this past week had to put their dog down, due to kidney failure, among other age afflictions (he was 17) and that is her Vet. Also, what was the reason the SPCA ARL turned you away? It seems since they merged they are doing more and more of this- not good. Good Luck to you.
Old 07-21-2011
**Bronze-Level** Paid Account

Sorry, I never had a chance to respond and thank you for your kind post.
I did have one vet finally return my call later in the day and offer to help with sincere advice. Sadly, he passed away at home in my arms before I could arrange to get to the vet in the next day. Thankfully he did not suffer long but I do wish I could have arranged to use the services at the ARL-Spca.

All they could tell me was the same information that is now on their website and to call a local vet.

Their website now reads: "Effective immediately: The shelter is no longer accepting home surrenders of cats due to extreme population conditions. Steps are being taken to increase adoptions and fostering to resolve these conditions."

With relationships, as with so many aspects of life, honesty is undoubtedly the best policy
Old 07-22-2011
Member (100 to 500 posts)

The ARL-SPCA is no longer doing public euthanasia. This has been in effect for quite some time now.
Old 07-24-2011

Just for information, Fundy Animal Hospital will go owner requested euth. We had to say good bye to our beloved Jakers last year there.
Are we there yet....would you own vet not do this for some reason?