Starving Horses Pets & Animals

i SJ: Saint John, New Brunswick  Shopping, Classifieds, Jobs, Real Estate & Rentals, Discussion, Deals, Flyers, + more!

Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online!
Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online! See all recent posts Post a new ad / message Enhanced Features  Helpdesk
Business Advertising Sign-Up (Free!) Search
iSaintJohn Home Forums Home Contact Us Site Rules Terms of Use Privacy Statement

Visit the upgraded front page of iSJ for more info!

Free Saint John Visitor's Guide

Search the web:

Go Back   Saint John Classifieds & Forums > Other Discussion > Pets & Animals

Old 07-15-2010
Long-Time Member (500+ posts)

Default Topic: Starving Horses

Starving Horses

I watched the CBC news again this evening and again heard about those 30 or so starving horses. Man, it just boggles my mind. Tell me, how can someone go into their home, sit down to a full meal and fill their guts knowing there are animals penned in an area unable to get to food and have not eaten for who knows how long. Don't they know the animals feel hunger just as they do? Are they really that stupid that they think animals don't feel? What is it? People that stupid and lacking grey matter to that extent should not be allowed to own animals.

I wonder if they treat their children as badly? I have heard there is a strong definate connection in homes where anmimals are mistreated, children are often mistreated as well.

Someone at my house last night suggested the owner may not have had the money to feed them. BULL. I live on a very small fixed income and at one time had 12 cats. If there would have ever been a time when I could not afford food for them, I would have been on ISJ in 2 seconds flat asking for help. That may be a tad humiliating but it sure as heck beats animals starving to death. What a horrible painful death.

I am dying to hear the name of this fool and although I doubt it, I hope he subscribes to ISJ. I'd like to offer him a piece of my mind, what little of it I can spare.
Old 07-17-2010

OMG! I saw the owner of the horses on the news. That stupid moron is actually saying they were in good shape. Is she blind as well as stupid? They were starving !!! That woman should never be allowed to own anything more alive than a house plant. I heard she had over 100 dogs in Ontario that were seized by SPCA as well. What part of "You lack the grey matter to be sensible enough to care for anything besides yourself do you not get?" Hopefully now a judge in NB will give here the same judgement. I can't believe she had a supporter. Is she stupid as well? It boggles the mind!!
Old 07-17-2010
Member (< 100 posts)

Starving Horses

Inuit, I am with you all the way in your opinions. I am heartsick to hear of this sad, upsetting, unbelievable mess with these horses. I too am flabergasted that the owner sits there and says she wants her horses back, and if they had any injuries, they were incurred while transporting them off the property. As for supporters, not sure what they are seeing in the big picture. It took some time for the horses to get this way, where was the owner then??? I assume a judge will ask her these and other questions regarding their care. And hopefuly the new cruelty laws will come into effect (or I can only hope they will, because this will be the test to see if they will work).
Old 07-17-2010

I will keep my ears out for the final result of this. I can only hope and pray no judge will award her these poor beasts back to her care.

Sadly though, as a woman on the first broadcast said, this happens all too often just on a smaller scale. The general public does not hear about the smaller seizures. Such cruelity. I just don't understand it.

I can only hope that what my mother used to say is true. She always said there is a special corner of hell reserved for those who hurt animals and children. That corner will be pretty full.