Found a bird. Pets & Animals

i SJ: Saint John, New Brunswick  Shopping, Classifieds, Jobs, Real Estate & Rentals, Discussion, Deals, Flyers, + more!

Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online!
Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online! See all recent posts Post a new ad / message Enhanced Features  Helpdesk
Business Advertising Sign-Up (Free!) Search
iSaintJohn Home Forums Home Contact Us Site Rules Terms of Use Privacy Statement

Visit the upgraded front page of iSJ for more info!

Free Saint John Visitor's Guide

Search the web:

Go Back   Saint John Classifieds & Forums > Other Discussion > Pets & Animals

Old 05-31-2010
Long-Time Member (500+ posts)

Default Topic: Found a bird.

Found a bird.

Yesterday I was visiting freinds in the Scott ave area, and we saw a bird land in the parking lot of the Rothesay arena. Curious, we checked it out and another couple who also saw it informed us it was a Cockatiel ( spelling) This little guy is very friendly and and is probably missing his owner. So if anyone on isaintjohn knows someone who has lost there bird, please pm me as we are not bird people, and have no clue how to take care of him.
Old 05-31-2010

Poor thing.....hard to say how far he has flown away from his home. Hope the owners see this so they can get him back. keep us posted please as to what happens.
Old 05-31-2010

I have 5 cockatiels, if you have any questions about him feel free to PM me. Check around to some vets in the area, and even leave you name with them so if someone calls them to report thier missing Birdie, they have your contact info. Just keep an eye out for someone calling the birdies name, or for posters.

PS cockatiels are social birdies, he sounds tame, so chances are he doesnt live far away.
Old 06-18-2010

Livkat...Did you ever find the owners of the cockitiel?
Old 06-18-2010

I was wondering also.
Old 06-18-2010
Long-Time Member (500+ posts)

No we never found the owner. My friend kept him however, and with the advice of you all, he is doing great!
Old 06-20-2010

good to hear!!