Thread: Wedding Cake
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010
Member (100 to 500 posts)

Default Topic: Wedding Cake

Wedding Cake

I'm getting married August 7, and I seem to be having a hard time finding someone to do a wedding cake. It seems that most people who make wedding cakes do so in their home, and they get their business through word of mouth. My problem is that I haven't been able to find them as I don't many people who have gotten married in the city in recent years to ask who they got to do their cake! I am very picky, so I need someone who is an absolute perfectionist, borderline OCD would be best! ;P

I did go to that new bakery/cake shop on Loch Lomond Rd, and while the cake was really yummy and the lady who runs it does a lovely job, the flavor selection is quite limited (red velvet, carrot, white, or chocolate with either fondant, butter cream, or cream cheese). I was thinking of having something a little less "cookie cutter", like having a filling, or a different flavour like chocolate hazelnut, or lemon. You know, something different but not crazy!

We really need better advertisement/selection for wedding services in Saint John, I am having an awful time trying to find things! It would be awesome to have a section on isj dedicated to wedding services/discussions! *hint* *hint*