View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007
Member (100 to 500 posts)

Default Topic: Cell Centres Question

Yes...Some do

The last CC I worked at (again, not in SJ) did that....they would pay for your tution....IF....the courses you were taking could better you within the company...ie. HR courses, Business....however there was a lot of red tape and you had to have a certain average....I think it went something like if you ended up with a mark of 60% they paid nothing....70% they paid 50% ....80% they paid 75%....I think it was 85% + they paid 100%

Don't quote me on these numbers....just rough estimates of what I can remember....I do believe you paid upfront and then at the end of year they reimburssed you.

I think you had to remain with the company for 2-5yrs after graduation in order not not have to pay them back.

Also I guess they did this on the assumption that you may not stay with the company for life....but if you were looking to better yourself and move up within their company they wanted to help.

Usually these are very large companies....worldwide....with a lot more businesses than CC's under their name.

Oh and as far as hours for students....generally....CC's will work around a students hours....can't speak for all them....but I believe most will make an attempt.